PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko needs two surgeries

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Carolla5501
02-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Actually it's getting entertaining...

"We can rebuild him"

Plushy, the bionic skater! Jumping higher, thrusting harder, standing tall!

(Seriously, I could care less if he competes, but I do think it says something :( about the state of Russia's Mens program that no one has been able to knock him off after this long. Think about it... shouldn't there be an up and comer who folks are saying "no way" Even with Evan Americans are going "Not sure if he could win again if he came back" but the Russians seem willing just to "annoit" Plushy)

Cherub721
02-28-2012, 03:21 PM
(Seriously, I could care less if he competes, but I do think it says something :( about the state of Russia's Mens program that no one has been able to knock him off after this long. Think about it... shouldn't there be an up and comer who folks are saying "no way" Even with Evan Americans are going "Not sure if he could win again if he came back" but the Russians seem willing just to "annoit" Plushy)

But then the same could be said of the entire European men's program, since he won Euros easily (his only threat being the one Russian man who beat him in the SP), and the state of most men in the world (since he currently holds the 2nd highest men's SB score, though I expect that to change after Worlds).

skatesindreams
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm happy to hear that he won't need additional surgery.

dearskate
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Well I for one thought he was fantastic in Sheffield and put everyone else in the shade including Gachinski. To say he has done nothing for the sport is incredible. He has an amzing record and it takes a huge amount of guts to put yourself up against all the new young skaters. I will never write him off as long as he wants to compete and wish him a full recovery.

senorita
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Eys.

Saying he competes for passion/ love of the sport is an insult to all of the coaches, show producers, judges, choreographers, show skaters, federation admin, etc.. Who work their asses off making the sport happen and don't hog the limelight he's obviously addicted to. Jmho.

LOL this must be the funniest post I ve read today. :lol:
Like Plushenko or any skater for that matter dont make this sport happen to begin with.

misskarne
02-29-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't understand why people think it's such a horrible bad thing that Plushenko wants to keep competing. It's what he loves doing. What's the big problem? It's not like he's keeping anyone better out - Gachinsky is the only Russian man who is a match for him and Gachinsky is doing very well on his own, and will certainly medal at Worlds this year. Plushenko is skating well and obviously enjoying it.

With all honesty: if the others can't beat him, that's their problem!

If he wants to test himself against this "new generation", then let him. He's not hurting anybody. In fact, he can only be helping by forcing the younger skaters to push themselves harder. I think he sees it as a challenge - to skate to a new system, to face and beat these new youngsters.

nubka
02-29-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't understand why people think it's such a horrible bad thing that Plushenko wants to keep competing. It's what he loves doing. What's the big problem? It's not like he's keeping anyone better out - Gachinsky is the only Russian man who is a match for him and Gachinsky is doing very well on his own, and will certainly medal at Worlds this year. Plushenko is skating well and obviously enjoying it.

With all honesty: if the others can't beat him, that's their problem!

If he wants to test himself against this "new generation", then let him. He's not hurting anybody. In fact, he can only be helping by forcing the younger skaters to push themselves harder. I think he sees it as a challenge - to skate to a new system, to face and beat these new youngsters.

ITA! :respec: :respec:

Nomad
02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
What "new system"? CoP has been in place for almost a decade now.

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Gachinsky is the only Russian man who is a match for him and Gachinsky is doing very well on his own, and will certainly medal at Worlds this year.

That is a rather bold statement. He certainly wont be challenging Chan or Takahashi without epic meltdowns so that only leaves one spot for him and I can think of a few skaters who should/could beat him.

Nomad
02-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Gachinskii is still inconsistent. He has improved lately, but I don't consider him a lock for the podium. Chan yes, but the other two spots are open as far as I'm concerned.

love_skate2011
02-29-2012, 09:00 AM
^

correct

and Gachinski needs to improve more in the coming seasons and win again to prove his bronze at Worlds 2011 was not just a fluke. its not like he is Chan or Gold who is a lock for almost all podiums.

misskarne
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
I can totally understand why people have some doubts about Artur.

But having re-watched his Euros performances last night, I will absolutely back my statement. If he goes clean he WILL win a medal. It's not just the jumps. His on-ice personality is developing and it's fun. His skating has a beautiful lyrical quality that is completely under-rated by those who dismiss him as another "Mishin jumping bean".

If anything, I think Artur was underscored at Euros.

BigB08822
02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
^

correct

and Gachinski needs to improve more in the coming seasons and win again to prove his bronze at Worlds 2011 was not just a fluke. its not like he is Chan or Gold who is a lock for almost all podiums.

:rofl: Oh no you didn't!

alilou
02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
.......... and Gachinsky is doing very well on his own, and will certainly medal at Worlds this year. Plushenko is skating well and obviously enjoying it.........

I can totally understand why people have some doubts about Artur.

But having re-watched his Euros performances last night, I will absolutely back my statement. If he goes clean he WILL win a medal.

There's a lot go guys who WILL win a medal if they go clean :D

Nomad
02-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I think if it came down to, say, two clean skates by Abbott and Takahashi vs two clean skates by Gachinskii, Gachinskii would be the one off the podium. JMO, though.