PDA

View Full Version : Plushenko needs two surgeries

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Iceman
03-12-2012, 05:52 AM
To me, at Euros, he seemed terribly stiff from the waist up. Hope these non invasive treatments for his back work. Thanks, Sylvia.

spikydurian
03-13-2012, 03:53 AM
So what would you have the judges do at competitions in which all of the contenders fall? It's been known to happen. In fact, it's happened more than once; even at the senior world level.

Maybe the judges should start measuring the surface area of the bumps which touched the ice to determine whose bump is the least icy and wet! :D

Ziggy
03-13-2012, 04:53 AM
It will be absolutely hilarious if Plushenko is going to be outjumping everybody else next season, given all his multiple injuries.

And most likely it's going to happen.

Step it up, boys!

Japanfan
03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
I don't see why not. He can still improve on many things and he's only 21. He didn't start winning until last year's World. I feel like it's just a beginning for him.

I think he may have be peaking just a tad to soon - for example, Lysacek peaked at the perfect time for the Olympics.

It's hard to maintain top form - harder than it was under 6.0. And especially for Chan, given how hard he works and that he's doing quads. But he could be the exception and the one to break the Canadian male Olympic curse

It does seems unlikely that he can remain injury free through to the 2014 games. So an injury next season might be a blessing in disguise.

spikydurian
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
It does seems unlikely that he can remain injury free through to the 2014 games. So an injury next season might be a blessing in disguise.

Are you cursing him? :(

Let's get back to Plushy stories here.

spikydurian
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
To me, at Euros, he seemed terribly stiff from the waist up. .
He's probably skating in pain. Donno how he managed it! Superman!

Jaana
03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
And especially for Chan, given how hard he works and that he's doing quads. But he could be the exception and the one to break the Canadian male Olympic curse.

Yes, it is a curse for especially Canadian male single skaters competing as reigning World champions in the Olympics... But it concerns also Russian skaters, Plushenko was the reigning World champion in SLC 2002. A different statistic is though this: Every US male singles skater competing at the Olympics as the reigning World champion, has won the gold medal.

Ozzisk8tr
03-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Yes, it is a curse for especially Canadian male single skaters competing as reigning World champions in the Olympics... But it concerns also Russian skaters, Plushenko was the reigning World champion in SLC 2002. A different statistic is though this: Every US male singles skater competing at the Olympics as the reigning World champion, has won the gold medal.

I never knew this. Thanks Jaana.

Jaana
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I never knew this. Thanks Jaana.

:lol: Well, in my opinion ítīs an achievement that deserves to be repeated again and again, until some other country can show the same result in menīs figure skating (5 reigning WC winning the Olympic gold medal).