PDA

View Full Version : Your fav. Pair Skater/Ice-Dancer &..you? What do you think it might have been like if

Pages : 1 [2]

kwanfan1818
02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Pairs: Maxim Marinin

Ice Dance: Olivier Schoenfelder

Of course, each of them would need a fork-lift.

mia joy
02-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.

I'd take Povilas too! first, because he's one of the best male ice dancers I've seen, second because I know he would be loyal and supportive. He's not the kind of guy who'd get angry at you because you screwed up. He'd also care if I'm happy with what we're doing. And third, he's totally the type of skater who gets better and hotter with age ;)

But I'd also like Charlie, well, because he's Charlie :D I feel I could have loads of fun with him.

As for pairs, I'd go with Robin too. Not that I would ever be doing pairs if I was a skater, though. I'm too tall for that.

Yazmeen
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Dance: Ben Agosto (2nd choice, Christopher Dean)
Pairs: John Zimmerman/Hongbo Zhao (tie)

love_skate2011
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
pairs: john Coughlin and Maxim Trankov Jr.
ice dance: Nikita katsalapov, Andrew Poje

aftershocks
02-21-2012, 10:01 PM
I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Ice dance : I'd go with Povilas Vanagas. Such a great dancer and he already has plenty of practice dragging a less-skilled partner around.

Thanks for the youtube link to Schwarz/ Muller from 1998. I enjoyed Dick's commentary, especially his mention of the different eras of German pairs teams and their striking similarities in style and technique. BTW, is there any recent news on how Savchenko is fairing re her injury?

vmfan89
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I know we are only supposed to do two, but I can't decide!

Pairs: Alexei Rogonov or Sergei Grinkov
Dance: Nikita Katsalapov or Andrew Poje

DaiKozOda
02-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Pairs: Alexei Tikhonov (super strong, awesome skater and a gentleman - What else can you ask for?)
Dance: Povilas Vanagas (I've become even more enchanted with Povilas since I started to watch "Ice Age" and "Ice and Fire" shows)

briancoogaert
02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I second that! Mirko Muller (who skated with Peggy Schwarz a while back) also had very good technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQNnz_kuSY

Thanks for the youtube link to Schwarz/ Muller from 1998. I enjoyed Dick's commentary, especially his mention of the different eras of German pairs teams and their striking similarities in style and technique. BTW, is there any recent news on how Savchenko is fairing re her injury?
I loved them and particularly this program. So interesting, intricate, light, beautiful, touching moment of choreo.
Mirko was a very good skater, too bad about Peggy's consistency. They were a very good looking team.

Back to the thread, I'd say Robin Szolkowy and Olivier Schoenfelder. But as a man, I guess it would be better to skate with Tatiana Volosozhar and Tessa Virtue. :)

ioana
02-22-2012, 06:09 PM
But as a man, I guess it would be better to skate with Tatiana Volosozhar and Tessa Virtue. :)

Woe is you indeed...The terrible sacrifices you'd have to make in order to skate with those two :P.

And :cheer2: about all the Mirko lurve this thread is generating.

Sahararainfall
02-23-2012, 05:19 AM
I could dance all night with Mr. Andrew "McDreamy" Poje, (vertically or otherwise...:slinkaway runs away from Ms. Weaver...) :lol: