PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

PDilemma
03-12-2012, 03:58 AM
This episode was even more ridiculous than last week.

Interesting note via TWOP: the Andrettis have a deal with Chevrolet including cars and endorsements. Michael could have been in hot water had he given an all out endorsement for Buick on this show.

Link: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1066544_andretti-autosport-commits-to-chevrolet

And I found it ridiculous to criticize him for not being a performer and demand that he should have been the one performing while he sat at a table full of actual performers.

madm
03-12-2012, 05:23 AM
what was debbie's charity? it had a sort of non descriptive name, like costanza's human fund

I think it was called Children International.

WindSpirit
03-12-2012, 05:53 AM
OK, as a car buyer, I say the women completely lost me after they didn't know what the freaking safety rating the car had. WTH? And the fact that they tried to bullshit their way out of this! and the way they were doing it reminded me of a shady car salesman who you know is shitting you and only insults your intelligence by thinking you'd buy his spiel.

If I was selling a product mispronouncing the name -- twice! -- of the product would be a deal-breaker for me. Also talking about car accidents when you're selling a car is kind of like talking about a bomb while you're on a plane. Bad idea. So not all your ideas are so splendid after all and you do make mistakes, you deluded Ronald McDonald-hair, Aubrey "I was in the cool van" Who? O'Day.

The Debbie Gibson. The 80s was the time I was most into music and I still had no idea who you were. And every time I heard you sing on CA you sucked, so tone the ego down a little bit, now would you? While you're at it, tone down the makeup, too.

I think Trump fired Andretti for 2 reasons: going against his order suggestion to be the PM and not using Andretti name to advertise the Buick for free, for which I don't blame Michael at all, especially since he does have a deal with another brand.

Too bad Adam took full responsibility, I would have fired Lou. The only problem I had with the men's presentation was the Paul/Lou part. It was misguided and a little "huh?" moment, but nothing compared to the women's lack of knowledge of crucial facts about the car and mispronouncing its name.

I hope not, the visual.... You might like it. :P (I'm sorry, I was trying to hold my tongue but it didn't work...)

genevieve
03-12-2012, 06:12 AM
Good grief, every time I think trump can't be more of a complete asshat he proves me wrong. I'm no fan of Adam Corolla, but good for him for standing up for his presentation, since the whole "you lost because the car racer wasn't the PM" was completely stupid. And for sticking to what he said by not calling anyone else back (after saying he would face the boardroom alone when he was convinced the men had won). Huge :blah: to Trump for punishing everyone on or watching the show but changing the rules midway to crush anyone who dares to question him. UGH.

Both Corolla and Andretti looked completely relieved to be rid of this circus of Trump-ass-kissing.

Japanfan
03-12-2012, 08:09 AM
If I was selling a product mispronouncing the name -- twice! -- of the product would be a deal-breaker for me.

But the several "you suck" from the men was equally appalling and judging from the look on the exec's face, no less a deal-breaker.

I did think the ladies bringing out the family with the suitcases and the bulldog on the skateboard was quite brilliant though.

I think Trump fired Andretti for 2 reasons: going against his order suggestion to be the PM and not using Andretti name to advertise the Buick for free, for which I don't blame Michael at all, especially since he does have a deal with another brand.

Then Michael should have said so. The whole point was that in both Trump and the exec's mind, he was the right person to speak for the product and lead the team. He really wouldn't have had to do a whole lot in terms of performing, they just wanted his name and his presence.

Too bad Adam took full responsibility, I would have fired Lou. The only problem I had with the men's presentation was the Paul/Lou part.

I'm glad Adam's gone but would like to see Lou gone as well, I can't understand a word he says.

Michael seemed like perhaps the nicest, most mature and least egotistical of the bunch, but it's hard to say whether he would have contributed much. His comment that he is used to being on stage "with a helmet on" indicates a real nervousness about being a team leader, not a good quality for The Apprentice.

WindSpirit
03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
But the several "you suck" from the men was equally appalling and judging from the look on the exec's face, no less a deal-breaker. I don't think that had any bearing on their decision. I think they wanted Andretti's endorsement that Trump had probably promised them and when they didn't get it, it didn't matter how good their presentation was, the men's team was destined to lose.

I did think the ladies bringing out the family with the suitcases and the bulldog on the skateboard was quite brilliant though. It was the best part of their presentation. But not good enough to overshadow not knowing crucial facts about the product you're selling or its name! Nothing could have overshadowed that, except maybe the men's team blowing up the actual Verano that was in the room by mistake.

Then Michael should have said so. If he did (and we don't know that he didn't) that wouldn't have made it to the air anyway. "Sorry, couldn't do that. I have a deal with Chevrolet." I'm sure the Buick people would love that. :lol:

The whole point was that in both Trump and the exec's mind, he was the right person to speak for the product and lead the team. He really wouldn't have had to do a whole lot in terms of performing, they just wanted his name and his presence. Apparently. But it's unfair to expect that for free. Andretti probably said as much about Buick as he could without breaking the terms of his deal with Chevrolet and Trump, of all people, should be able to understand that.

Another reason why Andretti didn't want to be the project manager this time was that "Michael had a HUGE amount of $$ ready to be donated during an upcoming fundraising task and was holding out to be project manager then" (from Clay's recap at NBC.com)

It's interesting to read all the behind the scenes comments. Debbie Gibson wrote that Lisa went off on Patricia. We'll never know why. A few people (Dee and Lisa) said on Twitter that Lou has real anger issues and they didn't like him. Someone from the men's team (can't remember who now but probably either Dee or Penn) said that Adam really knew what he was doing and aced the Q&A part and answered the questions that even that person thought he wouldn't be able to.

As I said, as a customer, that's what matters to me. Know your product, give me hard facts and be able to answer all my questions. Fluff, bluff and celebrity endorsements don't mean anything to me. If they go together with what's important to me, I don't mind them. If they stand by their own, I feel like someone is insulting my intelligence. Not the best thing to make me spend mucho dinero on their product.

One of the reasons I buy my photography equipment from stores like Adorama and BHPhoto, and not Best Buy. With their level of knowledge about their products, I wouldn't buy a $100 point-and-shoot camera from them, let alone a $2000 DSLR camera. Someone is pushing a so-called luxury car and they don't know crucial facts about it or can't remember its name? Instant fail.

Sparks
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
what was debbie's charity? it had a sort of non descriptive name, like costanza's human fund

:rofl:

snoopysnake
03-15-2012, 12:44 AM
But the several "you suck" from the men was equally appalling and judging from the look on the exec's face, no less a deal-breaker.

I did think the ladies bringing out the family with the suitcases and the bulldog on the skateboard was quite brilliant though.

I agree!

I'm glad Adam's gone but would like to see Lou gone as well, I can't understand a word he says.

I don't think this is a valid reason to wish him gone. The man is severely hearing-impaired. On the other hand, he is relying too much on projecting his "Hulk" persona into every task, and doesn't seem to be a team player. He seems to be more into bringing attention to himself than on whether his team wins the task.

PDilemma
03-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Interesting take on the whole thing from Penn and Adam on Adam's podcast here:

http://www.adamcarolla.com/

Penn is on in the middle section and they discuss CA in detail. Lots of editing. They were told by a producer to do a one guy "Steve Jobs style" presentation. Then criticized for not involving the whole team. Also Buick execs gave them only positive feedback including that Adam knew the car better than their engineers.

My husband pointed out that we did not see the execs giving their decision/opinions to Trump at all, something shown in previous seasons.

Norlite
03-15-2012, 02:01 AM
If he did (and we don't know that he didn't) that wouldn't have made it to the air anyway. "Sorry, couldn't do that. I have a deal with Chevrolet." I'm sure the Buick people would love that. :lol:.

I don"t see why it would matter. The Buick people are the Chevy people.

GM executives.

Japanfan
03-15-2012, 05:43 AM
I don't think this is a valid reason to wish him gone. The man is severely hearing-impaired.

Except there is a whole lot of talking, especially in the boardroom, so not being able to understand a word that someone says is a real problem, and more so for the team than for the audience.

And being severely hearing-impaired is a problem for him. It might have been a good idea for him to work with an interpreter, like Marley did last season.

Though one might also say that being hearing impaired is rather a blessing on Celebrity Apprentice:)

soxxy
03-19-2012, 01:24 AM
So they're doing a viral video for an O Cedar mop and I suppose we should think the women will win. Tia should do fine as PM and Lou is the PM for the men. He'll need a lot of help and Clay seems to indicate he'll help.

Surprised the O Cedar exec. suggested "sex" to the women's team, he didn't come across as the "sex sells" type. Maybe the best visual would be Big Lou mopping. It occurs to me that the most educated are Clay (I know he has at least one college degree), Lisa Lampinelli and maybe Penn. Aubrey could be a college dropout.

Presentations coming up. I think Lou will win because the concept is easy to understand. The women's concept is tough to get across.

And now that I've seen the presentations, I think the men's simple concept should win. The women talking about their numbers didn't make any sense in the video.

So the men win with their more traditional, easy-to-follow presentation.

I can't see anyone else other than Clay and Lisa being in the finals unless they get bored or quit.

After a lot of incoherent bickering and Aubrey calling Tia a woman "in her fifties," Tia took the responsiblility, had Trump assure her that he wouldn't fire an additioanl person like he did when he fired Adam last week, Trump agreed, and Tia got fired. In the limo Tia is explaining the game is getting ugly and cruel and she doesn't want to be a part of that.

genevieve
03-19-2012, 06:08 AM
People seem like they just can't wait to get out of this season. They're begging to leave!

:blah: to Trump for punishing the men's team last week for Adam taking responsibility and then letting the women's team get away with one elimination in the same circumstances.

Cupid
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Aubrey going off at the end really has me disliking her now. And what was the comment from the men about when they said no wonder Diddy fired her?

The women's concept about what's your number was pretty dumb. I would think they were talking about phone numbers? The commercial didnt make any sense and their "numbers" were too low to be :eek: anyways.

Lisa can be one mean bitch. I'd like to hear how she uses this experience as fodder for her comedy shows!

ArtisticFan
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Aubrey going off at the end really has me disliking her now. And what was the comment from the men about when they said no wonder Diddy fired her?

I had no idea who she ws before this show and still haven't bothered to look her up. So my opinion is still based on what I've been seeing on the show. I'm not impressed. She seems to think very highly of herself, which can be a good thing until she starts trash talking other people down to make her seem better.

I loved the men's team joking that she was about to speak and it would probably be about herself.