PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

PDilemma
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry, I don't buy it. Older contestants do not last. And some of the reasons teammates throw out for getting rid of them are easily questionable. They are inevitably called "slow" and "not with it".

I also think there was a cultural divide at play with George Takei. If you know anything about the man's life, it is a colossal joke to assume he is weak because he is not (in Ferrigno's words) "aggressive". Being strong is not always demonstrated by being loud or in everyone's faces. Quite the opposite, in fact. I was actually just reading about him yesterday afternoon in a reading assignment about Asian-American civil rights activities. He was one of the first Asian-American actors on television. He was highly involved in the group that challenged Actor's Equity to take action over discriminatory casting on Broadway. He has also (as Clay Aiken graciously pointed out on the episode) been involved in gay rights. Not speaking loudly or putting people in headlocks does not make a man weak.

my little pony
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
i thought the girls' presentation was weaker if forced to pick

if george had been willing to argue that lou should go home (no roid rage, even if it were a thing, you arent giving 110%), i think donald would have fired lou. i dont think anyone would have stuck up for him.

PDilemma
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
i thought the girls' presentation was weaker if forced to pick

if george had been willing to argue that lou should go home (no roid rage, even if it were a thing, you arent giving 110%), i think donald would have fired lou. i dont think anyone would have stuck up for him.

Could that have been a cultural thing, though, to not cast blame for something he was supposed to be responsible for?

The men were set up to fail and Takei was the fall guy. It was a bad episode.

Honestly, I find the whole men vs. women split ridiculous anyway. Why not just draw random mixed teams at the outset?

my little pony
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Could that have been a cultural thing, though, to not cast blame for something he was supposed to be responsible for?

it could be, although Arsenio also seems to struggle with it although maybe not quite as much as Sulu

genevieve
03-05-2012, 05:47 PM
People who do not speak up and who aren't aggeessive are ALWAYS seek as weak in the Trump Show. Occasionally they get some side props (like LaToya Jackson) but they're always eliminated, and their quiet natures are generally seen as a weakness. Trump & Co - the ultimate anti-introverts :lol:

It does sound like the episode was a complete set up for the ladies :blah:

julieann
03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry, I don't buy it. Older contestants do not last. And some of the reasons teammates throw out for getting rid of them are easily questionable. They are inevitably called "slow" and "not with it".

Look at Cheryl's reason for not wanting to even be on the show? How can that be called age discrimination? She even said she couldn't do it and it wasn't for her. What choice did Trump have?

Here are all the seasons and when the celebrities got kicked off, along with their ages. Celebrity Apprentice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity_Apprentice)

Jennie Finch-27 got kicked off before Carol Alt-47 and Marilu Henner-55. Tom Green-37 was kicked off before Clint Black-47. Summer Sanders-37 was kicked off before Cyndi Lauper-56....and so on....

WindSpirit
03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
It was a pretty non eventful episode, if not a little boring.

I'm a woman and I would hate this task, too. Clothes bore me and Ivanka's clothes were pretty ugly to boot.

George was a class act. What a welcome change after the previous episode.

The psycho Lisa didn't appear this time. Good, I didn't miss her.

Aubrey is quite resourceful, but can be overbearing.

Dayana seemed a little overwhelmed, but then again editing is everything. Her not naming two people who she'd bring back with her was a copout. Trump needs to decide if they must do it or not. Penn didn't like it either but he thought he didn't have any choice.

Speaking of editing, Clay got the backstabber(?) edit and all because of one moment where, to me, he seemed flustered by Eric Trump and for reasons not connected to business by any means. :lol: How tall is Eric anyway? He seemed gigantic.

BTW, Clay fessed up in his recap that the trench coat on the red carpet was actually his idea. Ooooohh. Whoever gave him any voice in that matter clearly hadn't seen his Idol audition. Clay's "Dress to impress" idea is "Dress to Kill." Literally.

The Apprentice's makeup team only works there part time. Full time: a funeral home.

Editing again: what did other women do if anything? What is Michael Andretti doing every week?

PDilemma
03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
I

Editing again: what did other women do if anything? What is Michael Andretti doing every week?

Just read at TWOP that apparently some were sent to work on the set pieces. We didn't see that (thus my incorrect assumption that they had hired it out). I assume we didn't see it because we were being treated to Dee's medical odyssey instead.

Michael Andretti seems to have little interest in the whole thing. :lol:

Cupid
03-05-2012, 08:08 PM
This shows give some insight into some of the stars real personality. For instance, after having seen Dionne Warwick, whom I used to admire, I no longer do after her cattiness and all when she was vying for Apprentice.

Now, Lou Ferigna. What's with his nervous ticks and his easily getting upset? Wasn't this the guy that Michael Jackson hired to whip him into shape, and who later told the press that Michael was in excellent shape? Makes we wonder what really happened with that arrangement.

ArtisticFan
03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Michael Andretti seems to have little interest in the whole thing. :lol:

I forgot he was even on the team and thought he was one of the "workers" or consultants until I remembered that there was someone else on the men's team.

Dayana seemed a little overwhelmed, but then again editing is everything. Her not naming two people who she'd bring back with her was a copout. Trump needs to decide if they must do it or not. Penn didn't like it either but he thought he didn't have any choice.

It comes off as very weak for her. However, if the entire cast (both teams) decided they would not fall into that trap then it could be a powerful move. They would have to agree to that early on though and I think there are too many brown nosers on both sides to agree to anything that Trump might not like.

I was proud that Dayana didn't seem to fall into George's trap of just letting everyone do what they wanted to do. When Debbie Gibson offered to model, it would have been very easy for her to have just said sure and let her do it. Instead she steered clear of that and moved on.

I think both George and Dayana would have been better served attending to business at the place where they were building the sets. Picking out the clothes and accessories is the more glamorous job, but it is also the one that needed the least direction from them. Dayana had plenty of people on her team who could pick those items out and George had no backbone to dispute any of the decisions anyway.

PDilemma
03-05-2012, 08:48 PM
This shows give some insight into some of the stars real personality. For instance, after having seen Dionne Warwick, whom I used to admire, I no longer do after her cattiness and all when she was vying for Apprentice.

Now, Lou Ferigna. What's with his nervous ticks and his easily getting upset? Wasn't this the guy that Michael Jackson hired to whip him into shape, and who later told the press that Michael was in excellent shape? Makes we wonder what really happened with that arrangement.

A lot of it is the editing, though. That is all we are being shown of Lou, but doesn't mean it is all that he is or even all he was during the filming. Same with Dionne in her season. Often, we aren't fully aware of what they are responding to, either. We just get the response. These shows have writers who create a "story arc" and "characters" using the editing of hours of footage.

smurfy
03-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Re: Michael Andretti.....
I have a theory for some of the celebs. It is a big time commitment, and maybe some just want to or have other obligations and can only be there for part of the time. It is prearranged when they leave n they get to promote a charity it themselves or project... I think Tiegs and Gotti might fit that andothersin past seasons. Andretti filled in for his son last minute, so maybe he was promised he did not have to do much for x amt of time. just my 2 cents.

PDilemma
03-07-2012, 02:05 AM
I have a theory for some of the celebs. It is a big time commitment, and maybe some just want to or have other obligations and can only be there for part of the time. It is prearranged when they leave n they get to promote a charity it themselves or project... I think Tiegs and Gotti might fit that andothersin past seasons. Andretti filled in for his son last minute, so maybe he was promised he did not have to do much for x amt of time. just my 2 cents.

I totally agree with you. I think some of these people are in it for a little exposure and nothing more, too. Not even the charity. And if anyone thinks they aren't getting appearance fees...

WindSpirit
03-07-2012, 02:27 AM
I have a theory for some of the celebs. It is a big time commitment, and maybe some just want to or have other obligations and can only be there for part of the time. It is prearranged when they leave n they get to promote a charity it themselves or project... I think Tiegs and Gotti might fit that andothersin past seasons. Andretti filled in for his son last minute, so maybe he was promised he did not have to do much for x amt of time. just my 2 cents. I don't see how that would work. Other people would be told, "She or he might not do much but gets to stay and you really have to work for your chance"?

And if anyone thinks they aren't getting appearance fees... I think I read they're all getting a $25K appearance fee (would not be surprised if that differed from a person to person, depending on their level of celebrity or whatever else)

BTW, what I meant by mentioning Andretti and some women in the latest task, I'm sure they did something but we never got to see what. That was my complaint about the editing, not the people. The show lasts 2 freaking hours, there's enough time to see or at least mention what everyone's done. We're only getting bits and pieces that are already heavily edited for a certain, predetermined effect. It's ridiculous.

duane
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I think I read they're all getting a $25K appearance fee...

That's it? On The Real Housewives of Atlanta, the way Nene was going on about being "rich" and "paid with a Donald Trump check" (or something along that line), I was thinking millions! :lol: