PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]

madm
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Clay took in more than $300,000 while Arsenio's total was more than $100,000. Clay certainly took in more than Arsenio did in this task.

Clay took in $301K and Arsenio took in $167K, which IMO is not enough of a difference to solely decide the final decision.

ArtisticFan
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Clay took in $301K and Arsenio took in $167K, which IMO is not enough of a difference to solely decide the final decision.

I agree that it wasn't enough to make it the sole decision. As I continued with my post, I said that in my opinion it was certainly a tie between the two for the final task when you take all the aspects into consideration. That would lead me, if I was Trump, to look at past performance. And Arsenio's perfect record versus Clay's loss to Aubrey would tip the scales in Arsenio's favor.

That being said, I'm still pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

skatesindreams
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
The result doesn't surprise me.

I "hoped" that Clay would win.
I "thought" Arsenio would win.

I enjoyed Clay's performance on the live/results show.
It was good to see that Arsenio and Clay are friends/support/respect one another,

snoopysnake
05-21-2012, 05:08 PM
I did enjoy watching Aubrey's face when other people got attention. The best moment of that was when Trump complimented Debbie and Dee on their singing. I thought she might explode right then and there.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! :rofl::rofl:

She looked so much prettier at the finale with the more natural hair color. I loved that she wasn't asked many questions.

Congratulations to winner Arsennnnnnnnioooooo Haaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll!!!! :D
:dog::dog::dog: Very well deserved!

Maybe Trump picked Arsenio because Aubrey favored Clay? :lol:

No, I think Arsenio won because he has a more forceful personality, gave many great answers in the boardrooms, was undefeated as PM, and sucked up to Trump a bit more over the course of the series.

It's a shame that Trump couldn't have called this competition a tie, because Clay was as worthy a winner as Arsenio.

There is possibly an angle here that Trump decided against Clay because of homophobia. Given Trump's interest in running for president as a GOP, it is possible that he thought that giving Clay the win could come back to haunt him later. That would be a rotten reason for the final decision, but Trump might be someone who would consider it valid.

I loved the performance of "Lean on Me." Classy and sincere. Just like Clay and Arsenio.

duane
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I thought Arsenio was the obvious winner. His ad was better, his party was better than Clay's carnival, and the comedy show was better than Clay's performance show. Who wants to see Aubrey or Debbie Gibson singing? Ugh!

Twizzler
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Who wants to see Aubrey or Debbie Gibson singing? Ugh!

Aubrey and Debbie?? ;)

heckles
05-21-2012, 10:26 PM
I still don't understand why Aubrey is allowed to get away with the way she behaves and what she says.

Probably for the same reason that Arsenio won this show despite calling the female contestants every name in the book.

WindSpirit
05-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I thought Arsenio was the obvious winner. His ad was better, his party was better than Clay's carnival, and the comedy show was better than Clay's performance show. Who wants to see Aubrey or Debbie Gibson singing? Ugh! To each their own, I guess. I thought Lisa was completely out of line with her joke about Clay's "aiken" asshole. First of all, it's an old tired joke, not to mention not funny, but most importantly, it was not the place or time for it. It wasn't a nightclub and it wasn't going to be a special on HBO, there were kids in the audience and it was supposed to be a charity event and it aired on national TV.

Also, those who were there at the time wrote that there were way more people waiting to get into Clay's party and later some were leaving Arsenio's party (saying it was boring) to go to Clay's. Editing is everything, innit.

I knew Clay and Arsenio were the final two (the final task was filmed before Thanksgiving), and I had a feeling Arsenio was going to win when he started showing up on Pierce Morgan's show, especially since Trump was saying from the beginning it's going to be Arsenio's comeback. Then there's Magic Johnson's new cable network deal with Comcast (parent company: NBC).

I'm not really disappointed, though. Clay earned lots of money for his charity and got some exposure. While it would have been nice if he didn't end up being a runner-up again (9 years to the exact day?), the CA title is pretty much irrelevant, even more so than your skills and achievements during the show. Clay's Rolodex is not as extensive as Arsenio's and he's not as useful to Trump. I do think it was pretty much predetermined. I was surprised that Arsenio outlasted quite a few other people, as I remember him mostly coasting during the show.

skatesindreams
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
With those "meltdowns", I thought that there were several tasks where Aresenio was fortunate not to be sent hone.

Marilou
05-22-2012, 11:36 PM
With those "meltdowns", I thought that there were several tasks where Aresenio was fortunate not to be sent hone.

I agree, and only one where Clay could have been sent home.

I also wanted Clay to win but felt that Arsenio would. I loved the theme of Clays party - thought everything worked really well with what his charity respresented. Although, it could be argued that Arsenios ad was a little better, maybe a bit more memorable. But I also agree that Lisa's routine wasn't appropriate for Primetime TV. That said, Clay got exposure for his very worthy charity, and a boatload of money, and that is a good thing.

RoseAugust
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I was rooting for Clay, but I'm fine with Arsenio winning. I like him. I don't think it's a show I would watch again because the editing is so misleading and manipulative of the viewer. I didn't like that. Which tasks won and which celebrities were sent home were too random. The last task was edited to make Clay look like a project manager no one would want to work with. Yet, according to Adam in his podcast this week, the eight celebrities who helped with the final task ALL said Clay should be the Celebrity Apprentice when polled in the boardroom following the task. It wasn't aired, of course. He was well-liked. As a viewer I would have liked more honesty because all of their editing still makes for a boring show (to me).

WindSpirit
05-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Clay's charity, the National Inclusion Project, has received $40K since the finale so far. Maybe he can get the whole $250K that he would have gotten for them had he won the title.

If you like Clay and/or his charity and would like to donate, you can do it on their website: https://store.inclusionproject.org/apps/Donate.aspx Or you can donate $10 by texting CLAY to 50555.

BTW, they have an annual gala, and this year they are going to have some extra guests:

The National Inclusion Project and Clay Aiken are proud to announce our special guests for the 2012 Champions Gala - Pop Icon Debbie Gibson, Late Night Legend Arsenio Hall, Rock Star Dee Snider and American Idol Ruben Studdard! It's going to be a GREAT night!!! The event will be held at the National Theater in Washington, DC on October 20, 2012. For more information, please go to www.inclusionproject.org/gala

Norlite
05-23-2012, 06:44 PM
He's not having Lisa Lampanelli?

WindSpirit
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Hopefully he realized that a room full of his fans wouldn't be the safest place for Lisa and her "jokes" about his asshole and lack of manhood. :lol:

Actually it could be kind of interesting and a big money-making opportunity, if you think about it. I would be willing to donate quite a bit of money to see Lisa get tackled, and I know I'm not the only one after this season of CA. :rofl: