PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25

WindSpirit
05-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Windspirit--A TWOP poster suggested that Clay is not a bad guy in this at all but that his captivity in the clutches of the evil Lisa led to Stockholm Syndrome. :lol: They stole it from me, I said it first. :lol:

Who knows what's real? I don't like their "friendship", though. No matter what Clay says he won't change my mind about her. Only Lisa can do it and I know she won't. For some reason she considers it a badge of honor to be crude, demeaning and disrespectful, even to her supposed "friends". Funny thing is, she's never said anything close as bad about Aubrey as she's said about Clay. Actually she's never said anything bad about Aubrey. It's like she's in love with her and hoping to get some. Eww.

WindSpirit
05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
About Lisa. This is a reality SHOW, not reality. I don't like her genre of humor at all, I don't like her foul language at all, and I'd never catch her act. However, I doubt that she conducts her real personal business the way she did on this show...she wouldn't have a career. Who would work with her? Lisa said she's exactly like that in real life and the show didn't misrepresent her at all.

'Celebrity Apprentice': Lisa Lampanelli says she does 'absolutely not' regret her treatment of Dayana Mendoza (including using that racial slur) (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/07/celebrity-apprentice-lisa-lampanelli-dayana-mendoza-2/)

One of the stupidest parts:

What about that racial slur you used when referring to Dayana in a radio interview. Is that something you regret doing?
Absolutely not. Are you out of your mind? Of course not. I’ve been doing comedy for 22 years. The minute I apologize for a joke is the day I quit this business and I ain’t quitting anytime soon. I say every slur on the planet — racial, homosexual, everything to do with every ethnic group on the planet and guess what? I will never apologize for that because I know why I do it and it is to make a valid point about ignorance in this society. If she doesn’t get it, that’s a shame. I don't get that logic, maybe because there's no logic in it. She calls people slurs to make a point about ignorance in society? :lol: By the same "logic", if I always addressed her by adding an insult about her appearance like hippo ass, lardy thighs or the face only a mother could love, she wouldn't get mad or hurt, would she? Because I would be just pinpointing ignorance in the society and joking about it, right?

Like someone said at TWoP, she's lucky no one had stooped to her level, because she would have been called fatso every day. Even my mother commented on how incredibly unattractive Lisa is physically (not to mention disgusting as a human being) and even suggested the camera people hated her because they often closed up on her waddle walk.

Most people don't pinpoint someone's weak points, whatever those are or whatever one perceives them to be, and beat someone over the head with it. You just don't do that. Unless you're Lisa, I guess. I would love someone do it to her and then ask her how it feels. Does your husband need to get hammered in order to have sex with you or are you still a virgin, pork chops? Pork chops would make a nice pet name, wouldn't it? Lisa Lumpybelly? Sounds cute, no? Lazy whale? And why is he lazy? Because he let himself go. Hahaha, I'm so hilarious.

For some inexplicable reason Lisa doesn't appreciate it when stuff like that is thrown in her face, as her behavior on Twitter is of any indication. "C*nt-blocked!" is her usual response.

I find her "Thank you for responding in a calm and mature manner" deliciously hilarious. As well as comically hypocritical. :rofl: But what's new?

Lisa and Arsenio:

Lisa: You're going straight for bitch and whore, really? [...] It's just not right.
Arsenio: She was a bitch to me, Lisa, how can you defend her when you were not here?
Lisa: That is not appropriate.
Arsenio: You can't decide she didn't disrespect me...
Lisa: I didn't say that! I just said saying bitch and whore about a woman is fcuking wrong! Don't be a fcuking asshole! Don't ruin your fcuking image and your fcuking career! Don't be bitching and whoring; every woman in America is going to fcuking hate you!

Lisa and Dayana:

Lisa: I'm sick of this shit and you know what, to have you bring that in, you're a fcuking little bitch!

All you need to say is I'm sorry, but instead of being nice, you're being a little bitch. So you know what, you can be a little bitch...

Dayana: You gotta stop with the insults.
Lisa: I don't have to stop anything!

Lisa and Teresa:

Teresa: I'll take the redhead.
Lisa: What makes you think you can go first?
Teresa: Can I have the redhead, you told me I can have the redhead.
Lisa: No, we started over, bitch.

Lisa in the confessional: Teresa really wanted that red-headed whore.

So Lisa, tell me again how wrong and inappropriate it is to call a woman a bitch and a whore. Only when others do it, of course. When you do it, you're only making a valid point about ignorance in this society. :lol:

PDilemma
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Her defense of using these kinds of insults being her "comedy" doesn't fly at all. She was not doing a comedy show when she used a racial slur to refer to Dayana, nor was CA an extended Lisa Lampanelli stand-up show.

I have to conclude that her comedy act is not an act. The woman is just hateful and gets up and rants about what she hates on stage for money.

And you are exactly right that she would not be able to take the same treatment. One of her outbursts was over Dayana calling her "loud" which is pretty mild compared to "f*cking bitch" or "whore" and "moron" and the other stuff she threw around. Also...she got hysterical when anyone challenged her in the boardroom. Again, that makes me believe this is no comedy act. It is a hateful, insecure person who has somehow been able to make a living spewing out her hate and insecurity. It's sad, actually.

soxxy
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
It is a hateful, insecure person who has somehow been able to make a living spewing out her hate and insecurity. It's sad, actually.

ITA, and one of the things I think was a concern for Marlee, John, Trump and whoever else was involved in the dismissal, is that Lisa stated, twice, I think, that she's somehow "in control" of her emotions and uses them to benefit her situation in some way. I'd say she decides to be a bitch, but in the boardroom her tirades got so out of control she reduced herself to tears (funny, I don't remember Lou or Dayana crying at being the recipients of her vitriol.)

Each day you don't really know what you'll get working with her....you can only hope for relative peace and sometimes she actually seemed subdued. What's that about?

PDilemma
05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I assume her appearance has led to this insecurity. That is sad and society has a role in that. I have a relative who shares her first name who is a large woman and is not particularly attractive in her features. She has many of the same insecurities I see in this Lisa. On the day of the royal wedding a year ago, she posted on FB that she was surprised that she kind of likes the new duchess because she normally "hates beautiful people and especially thin women". That did not surprise me as I have been on the receiving end of her insecurity since childhood. (I'm not beautiful, just thin). And one of her obsessions throughout our lives has been the same idea that Lisa applied to Dayana--that a thin, attractive woman can not be smart. Being someone who has never really known how to put herself together (hair, make-up, clothing, etc...), she would fixate on that as well--so I would hear "you can be smart or you can paint your nails; you can't do both." Or, my favorite since I have always hated shoes other than sandals in summer: "Only dumb women wander around in open toed shoes". She pounded this stuff at me so hard when we were teens, that my older brother got pissed and announced my ACT scores to her--the composite was a full 10 pts higher than hers. That enraged her and probably still would if anyone brought it up.

Unfortunately, I think our society's penchant to turn beautiful people into mini gods and goddesses creates Lisa Lampanellis. I don't know how we fix that. Having been bullied for being thin until high school, I don't think the current fixation on making thin women invisible or referring to those of average weight or higher as "real" making the rest, by implication, "imaginary" is the answer. We need to find ways to help everyone appreciate the shape and features and talents they are given.

snoopysnake
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
It is curious that The Donald has not made any scathing comments about Lisa's weight, given his history with Rosie O'Donnell. I don't recall seeing one woman who looked like Lisa weight-wise on the "regular" Apprentice. It was okay for the men, but not for the women, to carry some extra pounds.

Lisa is not beautiful, nor is she ugly. She is an average-looking woman. But compared to the other "beautiful people" on the show, she's on the other side of the coin. Because she is famous, she's probably subject to more negativity about looks than the rest of us are. I do think she is jealous of the skinny "beauties," and if she isn't, she does at least resent the preferential treatment that they get in life. She's mean enough to them to give the impression that she is jealous. It's definitely surprising to me that given all of the offensive remarks by Lisa and many of the others about certain contestants' race, sexual orientation, native tongue, age, hearing ability, intelligence, beauty, and probably other characteristics, that Lisa's weight wasn't an issue at least on-screen. It shouldn't have been, but neither should any of those other things.

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I think Lisa knows exactly what she's doing when she "rants".
They may have begun because of the "issues" she always had.
However, she uses them for her own purposes, now.

She can be remarkably calm; and civil, when she chooses to be.

RoseAugust
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
It is interesting that Lisa treated the women on the show so poorly (with the exception of Aubrey). From what I've read, the men competitors came out of the competition really liking Lisa...except for Arsenio and Lou for obvious reasons. She does seem to have issues with women. That's a shame.

Onto a more fun topic. Dee's Broadway CD is now available! Go, buy it!

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Adding, about Lisa:

Do I think she's interesting, or funny?
Will I watch her again?

A resounding "No"!

WindSpirit
05-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I assume her appearance has led to this insecurity. That is sad and society has a role in that. In part, I'm sure, but it still depends on the person and what they decide to do with what's they've been given in life. Just like the rest of us. At least one of my friends is a large girl. She's well-adjusted, happy, the life of a party. She has lots of friends. She's not angry, hateful and demeaning to others.

It is curious that The Donald has not made any scathing comments about Lisa's weight, given his history with Rosie O'Donnell. I don't think Trump has a problem with Rosie's weight. He has a problem with Rosie and will slight her any way he can. I don't even know how their feud started, but he's been incredibly vicious toward her.

Lisa is not beautiful, nor is she ugly. She is an average-looking woman. I consider myself an average-looking woman. Lisa's butt-ugly. She probably looks uglier because of her vile character. I do believe people's character and how they conduct themselves have a lot to do how others perceive them physically. Therefore to me, Lisa has a face only a mother could love and a body no man would touch when sober. And she should never ever "dance."

If she were nice and had class like Dayana, Tia, Patricia or even Teresa (on this show at least), I'm more than sure that I would see her differently. But internal ugliness is a colossal magnifying glass.

It's definitely surprising to me that given all of the offensive remarks by Lisa and many of the others about certain contestants' race, sexual orientation, native tongue, age, hearing ability, intelligence, beauty, and probably other characteristics, that Lisa's weight wasn't an issue at least on-screen. It shouldn't have been, but neither should any of those other things. Like I said, she's lucky no one had stopped to her level, because then her weight would have been an issue. If she thinks beautiful women are braindeads, obese women certainly must be lazy and stupid? It's funny how she objected to people's comments that she hated Dayana because she was beautiful. Why not? We can only use the stereotypes that Lisa thinks are true?

RoseAugust
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Okay, thinking about Lisa some more. (I need to stop.) I wrote that she seems to have issues with women, but thinking back I think more than anything she has issues with people who are not comediennes. From interviews about CA, I've gotten a vibe from her that she thinks comediennes are generally smarter and quicker than the general population...that the smartest one the show were easily she, Penn and Adam. She considered Clay and Aubrey also on the smart side, but not as smart the sacred three.

WindSpirit
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
I think Lisa knows exactly what she's doing when she "rants".
They may have begun because of the "issues" she always had.
However, she uses them for her own purposes, now.

She can be remarkably calm; and civil, when she chooses to be. Of course. She uses her loud mouth to control other people and situations, because that's the only way she knows how. Most people -- sane ones at least -- will back off when met by a screaming and batshit crazy banshee. She then thinks she won because she's so smart.

Funny how she never does that when it can cost her.

Why not greet Marlee Matlin and John Rich "Hey bitches, what's up?" Why not ask Trump, "How's Miliania, that whore?" Or call Ivanka a c*nt? Why not? This is her normal language, is it not?

Onto a more fun topic. Dee's Broadway CD is now available! Go, buy it! :cheer2: His book came out today, too. I'm certainly buying that. I only bought the song he sang with Clay. They both went heavy metal on it. :lol:

PDilemma
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I
I consider myself an average-looking woman. Lisa's butt-ugly. She probably looks uglier because of her vile character. I do believe people's character and how they conduct themselves have a lot to do how others perceive them physically. Therefore to me, Lisa has a face only a mother could love and a body no man would touch when sober. And she should never ever "dance."

Exactly. I was thinking when watching last time, that the woman got uglier over the course of the show because I didn't think her all that unattractive when the season began. By Sunday night, I thought she was butt-ugly and wondered why I hadn't noticed her beaky nose and squinty eyes before. Then I realized that her personality made those imperfections stand out much more than they otherwise would have.

People need to remember that behavior does impact the way they are seen.

duane
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
I consider myself an average-looking woman. Lisa's butt-ugly. She probably looks uglier because of her vile character.
:respec:

soxxy
05-14-2012, 02:12 AM
Aubrey fired for being "transparent." I don't know exactly what that means, really.

Clay spoke quite well and Arsenio wants to make Mr. Trump proud.