PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

PDilemma
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
As he has on his live tweets during the show. Almost everyone has responded to him in the "WTF are you thinking Clay" mode and he continues to defend.

I like him too, he seems smart, pleasant, very likeable but I am beginning to wonder now.

Either John or Marlie suggested last night that he may tend to be a follower more than a leader. We discussed that that could be true, yet we didn't see it until he became Lisa's sidekick for the last two weeks.

PeterG
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Wow, Rich was really bullying him! I wondered if it might be homophobia.

When I heard that John Rich would be one of the people interviewing the remain people, I thought, "I hope Clay gets Marlee instead of John". John Rich is a conservative Christian, I believe his father is a life-long preacher. Rich has said things that reflect his conservative beliefs, and some are down-right scary. To have someone who is quite likely homophobic (I'm saying "quite likely" only because I don't have proof) interview an openly gay man is in itself homophobic, IMHO.

skatesindreams
05-07-2012, 08:14 PM
It's possible that the show has been edited to show Lisa in the worst possible light.
Clay may have gotten to know a different person than the one we have been seeing, and is indicating that, via the blog.

PeterG
05-07-2012, 08:21 PM
It's possible that the show has been edited to show Lisa in the worst possible light.

I definitely think they aired every freak-out that Lisa had. And they showed only a tiny fraction of her focussing on the work and busting her ass giving it everything she had.

That said, if I was every somewhere where Lisa was present, I would avoid her like the plague.

Japanfan
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I think it will be a Clay/Arsenio showdown. I can't stand Arsenio and would like to see Clay take it - I just adore him - but suspect the fix is in for Arsenio. He better represents the Trump brand and is well-known in New York. Why would Trump want Clay to represent him?

Trump always spins the competition in a way that suits his agenda and this is usually evident in the final. It was obvious when Joan Rivers won.

PDilemma
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Clay may have gotten to know a different person than the one we have been seeing, and is indicating that, via the blog.

He admits that she ranted and screamed and used inappropriate language and tore people down. He just thinks that behavior is okay since it only happened a time or two on each 48 hour task.

The reality seems to be that it doesn't bother him since it was never directed at him. He also justifies it on the blog this week by saying that she only directed it at people who did not deserve her respect like he did because they were not intelligent or talented enough. Pretty pitiful statement coming from someone who spent time working with special needs kids.

I would submit that that behavior is never okay. I highly doubt that most employers would keep an employee on the job if they had a single outburst like hers. And editing cannot put those words in her mouth or make her yell them at other people.

skatesindreams
05-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Trump has shown much more respect for Clay than I thought he would when the show began.

WindSpirit
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
As he has on his live tweets during the show. Almost everyone has responded to him in the "WTF are you thinking Clay" mode and he continues to defend.

I like him too, he seems smart, pleasant, very likeable but I am beginning to wonder now. Maybe he's trying to convince himself more than us.

I know it's been inconsistent with his behavior in general (he is more of an underdog-defender type of guy and not side with the bully one) and his behavior with some people in particular, namely Aubrey. He calls her out on exact same things that Lisa has done too. How is Aubrey's "Clay's a bitchy little queen" different than Lisa's "Clay's a manipulative little queen" (or bitch, can't remember and I'm not going to give her hits by looking it up) And all other things that she's called him, and there's been plenty, some "friend" she is.

I do believe that Lisa has a good side and Clay and she genuinely had some great time together. But her vile side cancels all the good, it's that bad. It's also indefensible. No matter what Dayana, Victoria, Patricia and others did, you don't fcuking behave that way. Period. Point blank. Now, Lou said something he shouldn't have, but he said it after a prolonged verbal abuse from Lisa. I can understand losing it in extreme circumstances, but Lisa doesn't lose it in extreme circumstances, she's a loose canon. And Clay knows it, he's said it himself.

As much as it pains me to say it (and I still might be wrong), I think at least a tiny little bit of Clay's behavior with Lisa is an unconscious regression to a time when he was trying to survive among bullies when he was a kid. Some bullied kids grow up to be bullies themselves (which some believe happened with Lisa), some grow up to be people who try to make a difference, and I truly believe that's what Clay is. But sometimes your survival instinct just kicks in. If anything, it just shows that he's human.

I've been a fan of Clay for 8 years, I know he's a good person. Warts, faults and all. Not perfect by any means, but then again, I've never expected him to be. I find his behavior immensely frustrating at times, but I remind myself that he's on his own journey and has to make his own mistakes.

Maybe calling Aubrey out on the same things that Lisa did is Clay's indirect way of sending a message to Lisa. Especially since Lisa's so in love with Aubrey. Clay did comment directly on some of the things that Lisa does. I was quite amazed how perceptive and honest he was on the subject of how her "comedy" might affect young people and when asked if he talked to her about it, he said no because if you take that away what does she have left?

What irks me is that he says that Lisa's barbs come from the place of LOVE. That is some BS right there. Babes, when Rosie misguidedly tried to defend you on live TV against Kelly Ripa and said some wrong things and not entirely succeeded, she was coming from the place of LOVE. Lisa's demeaning names for other people and her actions come as much from the place of love as the verbal and physical beatings of an abusive spouse.

PDilemma
05-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Windspirit--A TWOP poster suggested that Clay is not a bad guy in this at all but that his captivity in the clutches of the evil Lisa led to Stockholm Syndrome. :lol:

snoopysnake
05-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I'll give you the latter, as for the first. She can very verbose, but many times she says things that have very little to no meaning.

Aubrey was very much that in the boardroom last night. She had very little to say, because she had nothing to brag about from the loss, and Theresa was digging her own grave so well.

Her eyes were filling with tears while John Rich was grilling her.

RoseAugust
05-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Clay for the win!!!

About Lisa. This is a reality SHOW, not reality. I don't like her genre of humor at all, I don't like her foul language at all, and I'd never catch her act. However, I doubt that she conducts her real personal business the way she did on this show...she wouldn't have a career. Who would work with her? I'd actually hang out with her before I'd hang out with Audry any day of the week. Having said that, I'd really rather hang out with Clay and Arsenio.

nubka
05-08-2012, 02:29 AM
I can't stand John Rich, he is so self righteous. Going on and on about how he earned so much money and stepped up so many times blah blah blah.

Who IS he, anyway? I have no idea... :confused:

Meredith
05-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Who IS he, anyway? I have no idea... :confused:

John Rich is a country singer. But who is Aubrey? I've never heard of her before . . . and hope I never have to hear her name again.

my little pony
05-08-2012, 02:37 AM
John Rich is a country singer. But who is Aubrey? I've never heard of her before . . . and hope I never have to hear her name again.

when she mentioned being fired by p diddy on a reality show, THAT is her claim to fame

Japanfan
05-08-2012, 02:45 AM
About Lisa. This is a reality SHOW, not reality. I don't like her genre of humor at all, I don't like her foul language at all, and I'd never catch her act. However, I doubt that she conducts her real personal business the way she did on this show...she wouldn't have a career. Who would work with her? I'd actually hang out with her before I'd hang out with Audry any day of the week. Having said that, I'd really rather hang out with Clay and Arsenio.

People with celebrity - even B list celebrity - can get away with extremely bad behaviour. They can trash hotel rooms, pee on airplanes, be extremely rude, and maintain their careers. Foul language is part of Lisa's career as a comedian and her image, so it's not surprising she brought the behaviour to CA. And it wouldn't surprise me if she lost her temper quite often.

Also, she's not the first celebrity to be foul and rude in the competition. I remember Piers going off on Amarosa (sp?) and being rather vulgar and aggressive in general. And Joan Rivers being very insulting towards Annie Duke.

And if such behaviour is inappropriate, Dennis Rodman getting sloshed on task is equally so. (But that was hilarious!!)

Plus, well-behaved contestants would make the show far less entertaining. Trump knows this and therefore capitalizes on foul manners, hissy fits, hysterics, and so on. People love to watch reality TV characters they feel strongly about, be their opinions positive or negative. Lisa very possibly upped the amplitude of her temper for its entertainment value.