PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Cupid
04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Dayana is a classy, stunning woman. Lisa - complete opposite. :lol:

duane
04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
We had never heard of her until this. And as a result of her behavior, we would not go to her show or watch her on anything else on television.
Had also never heard of her until CA, and wish I still hadn't.

I also wish Dayana had not hugged Lisa when she left. I wonder how she had the stomach to do so.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Dayana is a classy, stunning woman. Lisa - complete opposite. :lol:

Word!

Dayana is one of the loveliest women I've ever seen.
More beautiful now than when she was Miss Universe, IMO,

RoseAugust
04-30-2012, 11:38 PM
To me, Dayana is a poker. She reminds me of my kids when they were young. One would poke the other when I wasn't looking in hopes that the other would react and get in trouble. Dayana knew how to poke Lisa and she poked her alot. I'm not defending how Lisa reacted because she's nutters, but Dayana is not the innocent victim she portrayed herself to be. She was also playing the game. Nothing wrong with that.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't think that Dayana was "clueless", naive, or stupid.
Far from it!
However, I believe that her lack of familiarity with American Idiomatic English worked against her.

centerstage01
05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
If I never see Lisa or Aubrey on tv ever again, I'll be a happy woman. Lisa's a bully and Aubrey is a narcissistic sociopath. No one's ever as good as they are. No one will ever accomplish what they do or imagine. YOU WILL NEVER MEASURE UP TO THEIR PERFECTION. ADMIT DEFEAT NOW AND HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME, PLEBIANS! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! *ahem*

When even the normally patient Clay gets utterly frustrated with you, it's time to go. But I'll always admire Dayana's class for putting up with Lisa's abuse for so long. I hope Dayana gets the last laugh.

smileyskate
05-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Aubrey also said her mother was killed in a car crash involving a lack of air bags when it suited the task. And she was not. I'm sure she just made that up because it sounds good. I would be surprised to learn that she was not a bully herself as she has exhibited bullying behaviors on the show.

As for Dayanna not knowing the term "jingle", that was a language issue. It was totally unprofessional and rude for those two to assume it was stupidity. Same with her not having an encyclopedic knowledge of American music styles. I wish I could see Lisa in particular, but after this episode Clay as well, thrown into a reality show where they have to deal with a foreign language and culture then be called stupid by everyone there the entire time when they don't understand both as well as the native contestants.

I could not believe the way the Trumps behaved, either. No wonder Donald has been bankrupt if this is how he runs his business. Don Jr. witnessed that tirade by Lisa then blamed Dayanna for it? Really? If an employee in their businesses continually behaves like that and exhibits hostility to others, do they actually blame the employee's supervisor? I highly doubt that they consider a hostile out-of-control employee some sort of creative force and dismiss the supervisor so the person can continue the behavior. Dayanna was actually correct in telling Lisa that you cannot behave this way when working on teams in the real business world. But the message from super-CEO Trump is that you can and should. Really?

Yes, I know it is all producer dictated and we viewers all want to watch Lisa scream and rant because we find it entertaining (or so they assume, at our house, we are hating this season as it is all drama and all clearly manipulated) . But stop with the ridiculous posturing that this is how business, and particularly the Trump business, really works.

And....the tap dancing. Arsenio was not going to tap dance. Aubrey informed him that since he obviously can tap dance, that he should. He objected to this strongly saying he cannot and will not tap dance. There are very old racial stereotypes in that. And I can't figure out if Aubrey was that naive or if that was intentionally meant to get under his skin.

Arsenio didn't mention anything racial about tap dancing did he? I can't believe even that is now a racial thing. The Lawrence Welk show even had a great tap dancer (show ran till the mid 80's or so & is on now in reruns) and I don't think anyone had a problem with it. Maybe we are keeping unpleasant stereotypes alive (if even there is one in this case) by going on about it. I don't know how to word it better than that. I just love all dance.

I have heard from NYers that Trump is a literal nightmare to do business with.

Twizzler
05-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Arsenio didn't mention anything racial about tap dancing did he? I can't believe even that is now a racial thing.

He didn't mention it specifically, but he commented that tap dancing has a VERY different image for him than it does for Aubrey.

soxxy
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
If Lisa makes the final two, I can't at all see her doing well before the live studio audience the last night of the season. The audience has been outspoken in past finales, it seems they watch the season and have their favorites. If she tries that bizarre (and disturbed) bullying "technique" in the boardroom, she's going to get booed. Maybe she'll cry. :rolleyes:

ArtisticFan
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM
He didn't mention it specifically, but he commented that tap dancing has a VERY different image for him than it does for Aubrey.

I took it that he was speaking of that stereotypical image too.

I'm not sure that Aubrey is smart enough to know that. However, she is so insensitive to others that I have quit trying to ascertain her reasoning. What stood out to me is that she was not project manager of the task. If a team member was uncomfortable with an aspect of the performance or responsibilities then it was not Aubrey's place to make the decision of what they should do or not do.

While I understood the concept of Dayana's team with the radio show, Arsenio's team had a concept that delivered more questions for me. I seriously think Aubrey just wanted to dress like a cheerleader no matter what the concept was at that point. Seriously? I call Good Sam and get a pep rally? WTH?

Nan
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I still don't understand why Aubrey is allowed to get away with the way she behaves and what she says. The comment, "It's hard to work with people who aren't as smart as I am" was so far over the top.

I would like to drop her in a deep well and tell her to "talent" her way out of it.

skatesindreams
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
The comment, "It's had to work with people who aren't as smart as I am" was so far over the top.

She also said/believes that she has contributed more to the success of everyone on the show this season than anyone else.
UGH!

nubka
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
She also said/believes that she has contributed more to the success of everyone on the show this season than anyone else.
UGH!

And most of the time, her team looses... :D

snoopysnake
05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Aubrey also thinks the only reason Celebrity Apprentice is on this season is because she is on it. Plus, she invented cheerleading, tap dancing, jingles, and auto servicing. She also is the real reason of any success that Donald Trump has ever had, including before she herself was born. She also is responsible for every cent that anyone has ever donated to every charity being supported by the show.

Put Lisa and Aubrey back together for the next task and let them kill each other in the board room. Double firing.

Clay and Arsenio should absolutely be the final two.

Nan
05-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Put Lisa and Aubrey back together for the next task and let them kill each other in the board room. Double firing.

I would love to see how Lisa's chant of how much she LOVES Aubrey would change if she became the target of Aubrey's, "No one does anything but me and I'm smarter than all of them put together."