PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

my little pony
04-30-2012, 03:41 AM
i wish lisa and aubrey hated each other, that would be some epic boardroom crazy, possibly with a body count

soxxy
04-30-2012, 03:53 AM
i wish lisa and aubrey hated each other, that would be some epic boardroom crazy, possibly with a body count

That could still happen in the future....they are not stable!

Dayana's team lost and there's only a few minutes left. Dayana will be fired, I'd bet.

centerstage01
04-30-2012, 03:54 AM
I really like Dayana and think she's been treated SO unfairly for most of the tasks, but it's time for her to go.

nubka
04-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Pleeeeeease, let Lisa get fired next week. I can't stand her! :scream: :scream: :scream:

Sally1214
04-30-2012, 06:24 AM
I think there's an excellent chance Teresa will get fired next week. Unless Trump thinks she can be more full of fire in the board room. I think he wants to keep the ones that produce the most fireworks. Thinks it good for the ratings (probably is).

My prediction for final 3: Lisa, Aubrey and Clay.

Final 2: Good question! But, I'm leaning towards Aubrey and Clay. They are the most creative of the contestants left and both would think they were better than the other. And, Clay is no push-over ... Aubrey would have her hands full with him. So, it could make for the kind of explosive final board room that Trump loves.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Lisa is the textbook definition of some sort of personailty disorder, but Aubrey is just plain controlling, bitchy and mean. Aubrey cracks me up with her few little buzz words. She throws these Marketing 101 words out like Dayana throws out color names and thinks that people assume she's intelligent.

I agree.

I can appreciate Dayana's strength in the past tasks and how she has been treated. She needs to understand that she has to defer to people sometimes. Lisa isn't a singer, but she was capable of helping with Clay and the wording. Dayana's best bet would be deferring to them and working on the brand messaging, securing costumes, etc.

Dayana didn't understand that; and it's the main reason she's gone,
That said, she played well, and I will miss her.

PDilemma
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Aubrey presents her check to her charity and I'm surprised to hear her say she was bullied badly as a child....I'll have to think about that.

I missed who the sponsor was, but a jingle needs to be written and performed. Dayana and Arsenio are PMs. Dayana is confused....she thinks a "jingle" has to do with Christmas. Lisa and Clay are :eyeroll: at this.
Arsenio is planning something involving tap dancing.

Aubrey also said her mother was killed in a car crash involving a lack of air bags when it suited the task. And she was not. I'm sure she just made that up because it sounds good. I would be surprised to learn that she was not a bully herself as she has exhibited bullying behaviors on the show.

As for Dayanna not knowing the term "jingle", that was a language issue. It was totally unprofessional and rude for those two to assume it was stupidity. Same with her not having an encyclopedic knowledge of American music styles. I wish I could see Lisa in particular, but after this episode Clay as well, thrown into a reality show where they have to deal with a foreign language and culture then be called stupid by everyone there the entire time when they don't understand both as well as the native contestants.

I could not believe the way the Trumps behaved, either. No wonder Donald has been bankrupt if this is how he runs his business. Don Jr. witnessed that tirade by Lisa then blamed Dayanna for it? Really? If an employee in their businesses continually behaves like that and exhibits hostility to others, do they actually blame the employee's supervisor? I highly doubt that they consider a hostile out-of-control employee some sort of creative force and dismiss the supervisor so the person can continue the behavior. Dayanna was actually correct in telling Lisa that you cannot behave this way when working on teams in the real business world. But the message from super-CEO Trump is that you can and should. Really?

Yes, I know it is all producer dictated and we viewers all want to watch Lisa scream and rant because we find it entertaining (or so they assume, at our house, we are hating this season as it is all drama and all clearly manipulated) . But stop with the ridiculous posturing that this is how business, and particularly the Trump business, really works.

And....the tap dancing. Arsenio was not going to tap dance. Aubrey informed him that since he obviously can tap dance, that he should. He objected to this strongly saying he cannot and will not tap dance. There are very old racial stereotypes in that. And I can't figure out if Aubrey was that naive or if that was intentionally meant to get under his skin.

my little pony
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
i liked clay and lisa's presentation better. the other one was noisy.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I suspect that the executive sent "mixed messages" about what tone they wanted for the "jingle"/promotion as they said that Clay/Lisa's was too "safe", while Aubrey's was too "racy" for their audience.

PDilemma
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I suspect that the executive sent "mixed messages" about what tone they wanted for the "jingle"/promotion as they said that Clay/Lisa's was too "safe", while Aubrey's was too "racy" for their audience.

When it was all said and done, though, that left them with no reason to use the promotions created. I have to say, though, that my aunt and uncle were RVers and were members of Good Sam. The losing presentation would have appealed to them and to their RV friends we have met. It is an older and conservative community.

My husband pointed out that only Walgreens has used anything done on the show this season whereas in the past a lot of companies have used the marketing created on the show.

I thought the winning presentation was too all over the place, personally.

bmcg
04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
i liked clay and lisa's presentation better. the other one was noisy.

I also thought Arsenio´s was noisy, a mess with too much going on. But considering it won maybe Dayana´s suggestion of DuranDuran and a rhumba weren't so stupid afterall. :D

The hint was there last week when Trump said he wished he could fire Dayana but couldn't that she was going this week. Theresa will be next.

PDilemma
04-30-2012, 03:54 PM
But considering it won maybe Dayana´s suggestion of DuranDuran and a rhumba weren't so stupid afterall. :D

She also suggested that they not make the presentation exclusively 60s but incorporate 70s and 80s as well. They ignored her. And then were told that the execs thought the 60s theme was too one-note and it needed variety.

She isn't dumb. There is a language/cultural gap and the whole lot of the cast of this show used it to pretend she is dumb.

walei
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Sad to see Dayana go but it's her time because she cannot handle those that are left over. It was not her fault that they lost this task, and when you have to lead two divas there really isn't anything she could say to change their mind.

Lisa is a monster, the things she said on and off the show towards Dayana is just too mean spirited AND vile. I hope she gets some backlash but I doubt the Apprentice as a show is any relevant to the society.

skatesindreams
04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
It would serve Lisa right if her "public profile" went down rather than up, after appearing on "CA".
However, I'm afraid that would be too much to ask!

PDilemma
04-30-2012, 05:12 PM
It would serve Lisa right if her "public profile" went down rather than up, after appearing on "CA".
However, I'm afraid that would be too much to ask!

We had never heard of her until this. And as a result of her behavior, we would not go to her show or watch her on anything else on television. I doubt we are the only CA viewers who feel this way. At TWOP, a lot of posters are expressing the same thing. So while the show has a small enough viewer base that it may not hurt her badly, it probably is not helping her at all.