PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

skatesindreams
04-25-2012, 12:15 AM
The "grooming" done on Dayana was "tasteful", at least!

PDilemma
04-25-2012, 12:19 AM
The "grooming" done on Dayana was "tasteful", at least!

Anything that was done is definitely not noticeable. Not like the plastic surgery train wrecks that were surrounding her on CA.

Norlite
04-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Trump fires Penn Jillette but his charity still gets the quarter million (http://m.lvsun.com/news/2012/apr/23/take-donald-caesars-gives-250k-donation-opportunit/)

smurfy
04-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Trump fires Penn Jillette but his charity still gets the quarter million (http://m.lvsun.com/news/2012/apr/23/take-donald-caesars-gives-250k-donation-opportunit/)

Way cool. One thing about this show, the highlighting of needy charities is great. Funny about this show, I do not like Trump at all, but I enjoy the show.
I am hoping Lisa and Aubrey go next. I do not like either of them. Considering how self centered they are, it is amusing that they get along.
Dayana is ok, but do hope, like others Lisa goes before Dayana as it would annoy Lisa. Talk about mood swings

I like Clay, a little disappointed in this past episode, but he is smart guy. So is Penn, but he is annoying. I like Arsenio, but he is a bit emotional. Makes me miss his talk show. Clay right now seems the most deserving.
And I do like how Trump gave away the full $100K.

Next week looks intriguing. But these last few tasks don't need 2 hours.

WindSpirit
04-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Way cool. One thing about this show, the highlighting of needy charities is great. That's why I can't get pissed at Aubrey winning. I mean, the money went to a deserving charity.

I like Clay, a little disappointed in this past episode, but he is smart guy. So is Penn, but he is annoying. I like Arsenio, but he is a bit emotional. You mean, nobody's perfect? ;)

Makes me miss his talk show. I never watched Arsenio's show, but from what I've seen on YouTube, etc., I don't think he was a good host at all. Very one-sided, overpraising and butt-kissing (to the point of sounding creepy and insincere) and when challenged (Howard Stern, for example) -- and not even that much -- he completely gave up and folded like a cheap suit. What's the point of a show with a host like that? Too look at famous guests? Meh.

Next week looks intriguing. After watching other previews, I suspect 99% of the footage has nothing to do with the suggested story line.

Come to think of it, I'm amazed how they managed to make Clay seem indecisive in the last episode. Unless something happened that threw him off, they must have added all the scenes when he's just standing or looking around to make him look that way. Clay doesn't have a problem being in charge. :lol: He may have been wrong, etc., but indecisive?

smurfy
04-26-2012, 01:31 AM
I never watched Arsenio's show, but from what I've seen on YouTube, etc., I don't think he was a good host at all. Very one-sided, overpraising and butt-kissing (to the point of sounding creepy and insincere) and when challenged (Howard Stern, for example) -- and not even that much -- he completely gave up and folded like a cheap suit. What's the point of a show with a host like that? Too look at famous guests? Meh.

Pretty strong opinion for not having watched it then. I did not say it was great quality, but I said I missed it. It was entertainment. And we are in the topic for Celebrity Apprentice, so this is not high quality tv anyway. Arsenio's show had lots of cool guests, that I do not remember seeing on other shows, especially athletes, that I think he was friends with. It was a nice alternative, after Johnny retired. To me most hosts talk too much anyway, but I was amused with Arsenio. If he was still on, like Letterman, I would hardly be watching as my tastes change and shows like that I come and go with.

duane
04-27-2012, 04:31 AM
I never watched Arsenio's show, but from what I've seen on YouTube, etc., I don't think he was a good host at all. Very one-sided, overpraising and butt-kissing (to the point of sounding creepy and insincere) and when challenged (Howard Stern, for example) -- and not even that much -- he completely gave up and folded like a cheap suit.
You sure you never watched the show? You just described it perfectly.

WindSpirit
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
You sure you never watched the show? You just described it perfectly. I never watched it when it aired but Celebrity Apprentice made me curious so I looked it up on YouTube. I have seen several episodes, two that I remember right now were with Halley Berry and Howard Stern. Both somewhat painful in different ways. Maybe if I watched more I'd learn to appreciate Arsenio's style, but for now I think he was a weak host.

To me Arsenio is an actor, I loved him in Coming to America.

Here's a longer preview of the next episode: The Celebrity Apprentice - April 29th Ultimate Preview (http://www.starsentertainment.com/item/the-celebrity-apprentice-april-29th-ultimate-preview.html)

Aubrey is being Aubrey.

I'm surprised by Clay's reaction to Dayana this week. Out of all people he's met in his life she's the most frustrating person? He did look frustrated, all right. That face he made (watch his hands too) when she asked him to move when he was talking to backup singers/dancers? Maybe most of her suggestion were similar to "asking musicians to play colors" (what was that about?) Dayana should have been the PM in the last task (then she probably would have gotten naked for the shot), and Clay for this one.

Lisa toned it down, for the most part. We could see her good qualities better if she just stayed that way. But then she started crying and that she blew up again? And it looks like it's part of her MO to demand that other people in the room back her up. I don't know if I just can't figure her out or she really is an emotionally unstable Medusa. I do think that her temper and the fact that she will say anything to gain an upper hand, are her way of trying to control other people.

Case in point, in a recent interview someone told her Clay criticized her and she replied with "I only won't crush him like a bug, because I know he'll soon see for himself how Dayana is". You crush your friends like bugs if they dare to criticize you, Lisa? I guess it's all hail the queen of mean or nothing in her world. The fact that she blocks everyone who criticizes her on Twitter with "C*nt-Blocked" only confirms it. Foul mouth is one thing, being immature is another.

skatesindreams
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I was completely unaware of Lisa prior to "Celebrity Apprentice".
I will be delighted when she disappears from my consciousness again!

smurfy
04-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I was completely unaware of Lisa prior to "Celebrity Apprentice".
I will be delighted when she disappears from my consciousness again!

Me too! She is obviously a very capable bright person, but not a team player at all. I would never want to work with her.

soxxy
04-30-2012, 02:07 AM
This episode opens with Aubrey reflecting on winning last week's task and what a very, very good creative player she is. Clay mentions he's in it to win it, so I'm glad he's not bored.

Aubrey presents her check to her charity and I'm surprised to hear her say she was bullied badly as a child....I'll have to think about that.

I missed who the sponsor was, but a jingle needs to be written and performed. Dayana and Arsenio are PMs. Dayana is confused....she thinks a "jingle" has to do with Christmas. Lisa and Clay are :eyeroll: at this. Clay will sing! Dayana states she should call Debbie Gibson!

Arsenio is planning something involving tap dancing. Aubrey makes some remark that Gregory Hines was a tap dancer. There's tension between Arsenio and Aubrey.

As the task proceeds, it becomes clear Aubrey is taking over planning, writing and even singing and Arsenio doesn't seem to mind terribly much. After all, Aubrey states she has made two platinum selling albums!

Clay and Lisa have bonded over this task and Dayana is looking whiney at being left out. Whoever Lisa is going to flip out at, it's probably not Clay.

my little pony
04-30-2012, 02:39 AM
i find aubrey to be very insincere. i can imagine her saying she survived prostate cancer if it suited her needs so i dont put a lot of stock in her claims of being bullied.

if she were as talented as she thinks she is, she would be lady gaga or the head of some ad agency.

soxxy
04-30-2012, 02:41 AM
It's good to hear Clay Aiken's voice, it's been a long time for me. He's really belting it out. Dayana tries to make suggestions but is making no sense.

Aubrey left Teresa to write the jingle alone in order to join the background singers. Again, Aubrey is responsible for two platinum albums!!!!

Don Jr. has visited both teams as the task progresses, and what a mess! First, Aubrey corners Don and tells him how very, very creative she is and mentions PM Arsenio's shortcomings. Don visits Dayana's team and Lisa blows up at Dayana, calling her a "bitch." Dayana *is* being very frustrating. This is going to be a mess.

ArtisticFan
04-30-2012, 02:57 AM
i find aubrey to be very insincere. i can imagine her saying she survived prostate cancer if it suited her needs so i dont put a lot of stock in her claims of being bullied.

if she were as talented as she thinks she is, she would be lady gaga or the head of some ad agency.

Aubrey is not capable of coming off as relatable or heartfelt. Her nicest comments are almost always challenged by the next thing that comes out of her mouth.

Lisa is the textbook definition of some sort of personailty disorder, but Aubrey is just plain controlling, bitchy and mean. Aubrey cracks me up with her few little buzz words. She throws these Marketing 101 words out like Dayana throws out color names and thinks that people assume she's intelligent.

I can appreciate Dayana's strength in the past tasks and how she has been treated. She needs to understand that she has to defer to people sometimes. Lisa isn't a singer, but she was capable of helping with Clay and the wording. Dayana's best bet would be deferring to them and working on the brand messaging, securing costumes, etc.

soxxy
04-30-2012, 03:04 AM
Dayana has now pissed off Clay, and he yelled at her too, but not as screechy as Lisa did....that would be impossible.

Aubrey is telling us more how great she is and got in a dig about how old Arsenio is.

Dayana's team made their presentation. Clay and Lisa performed the jingle really well, but Dayana came out to wrap it up and babbled something without a microphone and was sullen. This will come back to bite Dayana if they lose.

Arsenio's team performed and I think their energetic routine won. The audience seemed to enjoy Teresa and Aresenio acting, but Aubrey thought they were bad. Aubrey relates to the cameras that's it's difficult for her to work with people who are not as talented as she is....this fact appears to sadden her. I have to revisit that "bullying" thing, for real.

They're in the boardroom and although the winner hasn't been announced, the Lisa - Dayana fiasco has begun. I think it's funny that Ivanka Trump is trying not to laugh.

Still no winner announced and Dayana and Lisa are going at it.....mostly Lisa. Lisa states, "This is not Celebrity Miss Universe!" Ivanka is still stifling her laugh.