PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

soxxy
04-23-2012, 03:03 AM
George! He'll eat Aubrey for breakfast.

I think Clay's display, though not terribly original, looks better.

Norlite
04-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Clay's twitter doesn't sound too promising

soxxy
04-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Clay's POV is not clear, he needs to express himself more decisively now.

Norlite
04-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Ugh....next week vile disgusting Lisa goes off again.

And I'm losing respect for Clay.

alchemy void
04-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Surprised Clay survived the boardroom. He was terribly indecisive throughout the tasks and in the boardroom. Really an unimpressive task for him.

Aubrey's display looked like a high school science fair project. :yikes: But everything else was better. I'm convinced her overly exaggerated sense of worth had to be some sort of act, no one can be that deluded? Anyways, I find her entertaining and think we are on track for an v. Aubrey final, especially with Penn gone and Clay's weak performance this week.

:rofl: at Arsenio's comment re: "Aubrey's vagina on my neck."

Lisa was so Zen this episode. Its like she alternates each week between batshit, hot mess crazy bitch to reasonable woman.

Dayana looked smokin in the ad. But it's time for her to go.

I have warmed to Teresa. Despise the housewives franchise
but she seems to present herself well, tries hard, and works relatively well.

PeterG
04-23-2012, 06:10 AM
Lisa was so Zen this episode. Its like she alternates each week between batshit, hot mess crazy bitch to reasonable woman.

:huh:

:eek:

:confused:

WindSpirit
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
I haven't seen last episode yet, but I knew how it was going to end anyway. And not only from little cues when the season was filmed (around the time this episode was finished Penn wrote on Twitter he was no longer sequestered on a TV show), but because someone at NCB.com screwed up and posted Clay's blog several days before the episode aired. Oops. I heard it was pulled pretty fast but not before it was read and copied. I read it on another board.

It's hard to comment without seeing it, so I'll just say this for now: I think Clay didn't bring Lisa back because he knew she would have sided with Penn. Even though I think that Trump mostly does whatever he wants to, it still matters whom you bring to the boardroom (more or less, depending on the week and the person) so if you strategize well and the circumstances are in your favor, you might prevail even if you made some mistakes.

When Teresa was the PM she didn't bring Aubrey back even though she brought the least amount of money. Debbie got fired and she might not have been if Aubrey was there. By that time Trump seemed kind of ready to ax Aubrey (or maybe he was just bluffing). I know people like the drama she brings but I find her pathetic.

BTW, Stuffed and Unstrung invited Clay to perform with them (http://twitter.com/#!/Stuffedwrangler/status/193532803651088385/photo/1) last Friday. I think that pretty much sums up what they thought of his improv skills.

Clay and Lisa performed their Improv puppet show and were really good. I'd forgotten Clay did Spamalot and he must have learned a lot about performing this way then. I'm sure he learned a lot during Spamalot, but Clay's been performing since he was a child. He's also toured professionally many times and his improv skills certainly weren't a surprise to anyone who have seen him in concert. Although the number of voices he did with the puppets amazed me. He does change his voice often when talking to people, I didn't know he had so many still left in him.

Here's a little taste (http://youtu.be/5HxBo8HTgos) of how he's in concert if anyone's curious. "Clay, I won a contest!" -- "What, you won a contest? It sure wasn't for being the quietest, I'll tell you that." :lol:

skatesindreams
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
He mentioned that he had been a puppeteer for the children's ministry in his church for several years, also.
Clay's ability, in many fields, doesn't surprise me.

I'm glad that he survived the Boardroom.
I'm guessing that he will be more "assertive" in future tasks.

Frau Muller
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I want to see that ugly b**** Lisa off the show before Dayana, especially after Lisa's offensive 'Latino' accent. What the heck was THAT?

Dayana, hang in there!

walei
04-24-2012, 02:44 AM
I want to see that ugly b**** Lisa off the show before Dayana, especially after Lisa's offensive 'Latino' accent. What the heck was THAT?

Dayana, hang in there!

:respec:

Although if Dayana as PM loses her task next week she is definitely a goner. However base on the preview, I don't think they would make it that obvious... which is what I will be clinging on. The Venezuelan Angel MUST outlast Lisa the troll.

Japanfan
04-24-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm still confused as to why Penn was fired, especially since he told Clay "I want to fire you, but I won't."

I have to wonder if maybe Penn wanted to be fired because he's got such a busy career going on? Perhaps he had indicated that to Trump at some point.

Clay did say that clear Penn was domineering, but could have emphasized that more. There were quite a few shots of Penn dominating the conversation and Clay not getting a word in edgewise. Clay did point out in the task that he didn't like to go with the first idea, but Penn basically ruled the show. Plus, Trump was annoyed by Clay's comments about going forward in the competition and kept telling him to refocus on the task.

Dayana didn't back up Clay either.

Clay did get in a good point about having bigger balls than Penn for stepping up, so perhaps it was that which made the difference.

snoopysnake
04-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Penn was fired because he came up with the slogan "You've earned it," for the Trump "Success" fragrance. The executives hated the slogan and gave that as the main reason that Clay's team did not win.

Aubrey just thinks she is God's gift to the world. I hope Lisa and Aubrey are not the final 2 (and that Clay and Arsenio are.) Lisa is truly cruel. Joan Rivers is considered a real Queen of Mean but she almost always treated people with respect during the tasks (Annie Duke notwithstanding.) Lisa really flew under the radar this week and it's a totally calculated move because she knew that Clay and Dayana could throw her under the bus.

I think Teresa or Dayana will go next. I am sure The Donald will not put them in the final 2, and probably not the final 4.

RoseAugust
04-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Penn hasn’t been a PM since the second week. He should have been the PM this week; he was overdue. It seems to me that it has been Penn’s strategy to NOT be the PM. That way, if his ideas work he gets to take credit for the team’s success, but if they fail then he is not responsible because the PM approved them. He was totally setting up Clay should their team loose. It’s a good game plan, but it didn’t work this week.

WindSpirit
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Now that I've seen it, it didn't really seem so dramatic as one would think from people's comments. Although I'm glad I wasn't watching it without knowing who's leaving, because I would be thinking Clay's going home.

Few things:

If only Aubrey were more sociable and less egotistic, she wouldn't be so bad at all. She must be a product of a non stressful parenting when children are never taught the meaning of the word no and are told they are the prettiest, the smartest, the best in everything, etc.

Lisa, please stop calling Clay a bitch, miss, etc. He's a man. I don't think you'd appreciate a term of "endearment" if someone called you a fat ass, and that at least would be true.

Also, she worked with her charity "for a while"? She said in one of interviews that she picked them just before Apprentice. That brings me to another thing. In every radio interview with her that I listened to, she always answered the question about what charity she was playing for with this: "FAGS!" When the interviewer seemed a little taken aback, she would just repeat it: "FAGS!" Lisa, you're so unconventional and brave. OK, let me try it: You're so unconventional and brave, you fat ass.

I agree with Penn, and everyone else who said it before him: the show has no rules. Trump fires whoever he wants to fire, that's it. He gave Clay a green light to bring Penn back and Clay was smart enough to take it. I think the real losers are those who allow themselves to get played by the show and Trump and get emotional about it. It's a game. Make the best of it and have fun.

Judging by his tweets right after firing (when they were filming), Penn was definitely pissed at Clay, and judging by his little passive-attempts to get back at him to this day, he still hasn't gotten over it. He clearly did not like the balls comment. Men and their genitals. Always vulnerable.

I liked Forte's stand much better. Aubrey's reminded me very strongly of a catafalque (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_oN5K_WcO5JM/SpcJHzumetI/AAAAAAAABDU/1WtC5BqKK2A/s1600/Saint%2BFrancis%2Bde%2BSales%2BOratory,%2Bin%2BSai nt%2BLouis,%2BMissouri,%2BUSA%2B-%2Bcatafalque%2B2.jpg). Eeek! Dark, depressing and ugly. I liked their little takeaway cards, though. But overall I'd choose to go check out the Forte's stand. I didn't think their slogan was pompous in the least, but even if it were, it's Trump we're talking about! The very definition of pompous. I also liked the bottles as windows. I didn't like Dayana's idea of getting naked. Well, it depends of who would be getting naked (hey, I can be shallow, too :lol:), but overall I'm glad they didn't go in that direction.

Speaking of Dayana, I read at TWoP that Venezuela has a special program where they prepare women for beauty contests (and that's why they're so good at it). It didn't sound so bad until I saw those words: plastic surgery. Allegedly Dayana had a rhinoplasty and a boob job. I'm kind of disappointed. If a naturally very beautiful young woman (she was a teenager) feels the pressure to get plastic surgery... Eh.

Japanfan
04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Men and their genitals. Always vulnerable.

:lol:

But overall I'd choose to go check out the Forte's stand. I didn't think their slogan was pompous in the least, but even if it were, it's Trump we're talking about!

I really liked the slogan, but using "Trust Your Instincts", one of Trump's keywords, was brilliant

Speaking of Dayana, I read at TWoP that Venezuela has a special program where they prepare women for beauty contests (and that's why they're so good at it). It didn't sound so bad until I saw those words: plastic surgery. Allegedly Dayana had a rhinoplasty and a boob job. I'm kind of disappointed. If a naturally very beautiful young woman (she was a teenager) feels the pressure to get plastic surgery... Eh.

I've heard the same about Venezuela - that girls are groomed for beauty pageants for a young age. And I think plastic surgery is a standard part of the process. A young woman would need to be naturally beautiful to start with, but nicks and tucks would be done to 'perfect' that beauty.