PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

ArtisticFan
04-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Hubby said he halfway expected Aubrey to still be riding the elevator when dee left - waiting on someone to go after her.

WindSpirit
04-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Wow, what a show. I missed the beginning and then during the Blue Man Group my electricity shut off and I lost vital few minutes. Damn!

OK, I'm done with Lisa. I wanted to like her, but she's a raging psycho. Again and again: the most insecure people are the most vicious. I admire Dayana for her grace and strength in the face of pure hatred. She just let it roll off her back. Even if she were so dumb as Lisa wants us to believe, and I don't think she is, there are other ways to interact with her. Does Lisa really believe she's so brilliant herself? LOL She and Aubrey must be in the dictionary under deluded. As well as bullies.

I'm still somewhat intrigued by Penn, but I'm beginning to see why his show is called Bullshit! as he's kinda made of it. His blog at Huffington Post sounds as if he was coming off some meds and his mind wandered in and out consciousness. He really seems to have it in for Clay. I read that he had a bit in his show about wanting to knife Clay and that was long before this gig. I can't imagine how he's going to up the ante now. It's pathetic how much "this guy who didn't even win American Idol", like he likes to call Clay, got under his skin.

Bullshit alone I can stomach, but passive-aggressive tendencies drive me nuts. Especially if they're coming from seemingly intelligent people. I don't know if he's so intellectually dishonest on purpose or he's really on something. When he was crying on Twitter after the argument with Clay 2 weeks ago and people were not seeing Clay for the Satan that he wants to present him as, he wrote, "You don't know that I was hit and yelled at." WTF? After much prodding he admitted that he didn't mean Clay but Lou, and then it turned out that that didn't really happen, either. He's just being a big baby because someone dared to call him out. Geez.

BTW, from what I understand, Clay got knocked over by the people trying to grab the money and got hurt, and I'm not talking about a bruised ego. So when Penn's ego gets hurt in an argument, nothing less than wanting to knife Clay Aiken will suffice, but when Clay gets knocked over when Penn's idea misfires and they lose lots of money they were trying to collect for charity, Clay's an asshole because he doesn't appreciate the art of the moment. Again, WTF?

When we had the first break from the cameras, Clay was gathering evidence to take me down for this in the boardroom. He was angry and detailing the humiliation and the injuries he endured in all the beautiful chaos. When I asked him if he needed medical attention, making sure the cameras weren't on, he screamed, "I need you to shut the fcuk up!" It was so easy to shut the fcuk up right then. Teller and Blue Man Group work without words and they had said more than I could ever say in defense of art. I drifted away in the NBC van, to my childhood and the moment with The Who when I understood that I needed my life to mean more than "Money, Money, Money, Money."

When Penn spouts stuff like that I'm waiting for a child to cry out, "The Emperor's butt naked and he has a small dick!" any moment. BTW, "making sure the cameras weren't on"? If anything the last episode proved Clay's not afraid to drop an F bomb on national TV and he does it to someone's face, unlike Penn, who keeps writing about everything in a third person. When confronted, he either doesn't reply or finally coughs out that things weren't exactly as he presented them in the first place. What the hell is all that shit? Performance art?

I keep forgetting he's the same guy who named his daughter Moxie CrimeFighter.

I loved how Dee treated Dayana, but then again I love Dee in general. He doesn't do bullshit nor does he tolerate it. I find that rather thrilling. Congrats for the huge win! Sad to see him go.

Arsenio looks like he could kill Aubrey and clay would hide the body. Brilliant! :lol: Love them together. Maybe, just maybe... they could get a talk show together later, or a variety show. :)

I could totally understand Arsenio's frustration. Aubrey was fcuking unbearable. Deserved to have her shit handed back to her on a plate, but of course couldn't take it. I'm sure she'll be back. Bleh. She and Lisa are like cancer to any group.

I read somewhere that Aubrey once said that they shouldn't pick Arsenio to do something because he was the least recognizable celebrity in the group. The girl is so ignorant it's not even funny. As for her obsession with youth. She's 27 = almost 30. Not exactly a spring chicken. What is she going to do when she turns 40, kill herself?

skatesindreams
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I admire Dayana for her grace and strength in the face of pure hatred. She just let it roll off her back. Even if she were so dumb as Lisa wants us to believe, and I don't think she is, there are other ways to interact with her.

Dayana has been "marginalized" by her teammates from the beginning.
I think that they realize that she is "someone to fear", in the game; and have wanted her gone.
I admire her for finding ways to contribute, whatever the task, in spite of that.
When necessary she does a good job of defending herself; but, more importantly, she knows when to be quiet, and allow others to jeopardize themselves by their behavior in the boardroom.

I'm amazed that Lou survived.
If the exec had liked the box that Dee designed, he would be gone.

PDilemma
04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
As scary as arsenio is, he is pretty accurate.

On Clay's blog, he wrote that Aubrey had already attacked Arsenio in the boardroom prior to his losing it with her over the "I wrote it all" thing. She had also been pushing his buttons in the task more than we saw.

Basically, editing is making her look less irritating than she is. Something one would not think possible. :lol:

Lisa is starting to seem like she needs medicated. :rolleyes:

snoopysnake
04-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Maybe that is where she gets her hair Color.

Yes, orange bingo markers.

Japanfan
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Again and again: the most insecure people are the most vicious. I admire Dayana for her grace and strength in the face of pure hatred. She just let it roll off her back. Even if she were so dumb as Lisa wants us to believe, and I don't think she is, there are other ways to interact with her. Does Lisa really believe she's so brilliant herself?

Dayana doesn't strike me as particularly bright. The only idea I recall her having was the crude sexual analogies she came up with for one of the tasks. Nor does she seem particularly creative. What she is, is inoffensive. Being outspoken, challenging and opinionated are not qualities valued in beauty queen contestants. The grooming Dayana would have gone through to become Miss Universe would have emphasized courtesy, diplomacy, reserve and tact. Leadership skills aren't requisite and are more likely a handicap. Dayana didn't do much leading the time she was PM.

Lisa is a talented writer and I think she's very smart, though being nasty and insulting to so many of her teammates is basically a stupid strategy. A good business person has emotional intelligence and aims to utilize others' strengths, not alienate them by focusing on their shortcomings or emphasizing how useless they are.

loved how Dee treated Dayana, but then again I love Dee in general. He doesn't do bullshit nor does he tolerate it. I find that rather thrilling.

As Lou put it, Dee was "wooing and appraising" Dayana for much of the task. And Trump is quite smitten with her as well. Given that Miss Universe is his competition and he adores pretty young women who defer to him, she's going to stick around until Trump has no choice but to fire her. I can't see her making final 2.

Glad Dee is gone. He really made some poor words choices about what people do when walking.

nubka
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
I hope Clay takes it all!! :respec:

Japanfan
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM

I'm growing very fond of Clay, which is surprising as I automatically have a negative association with anyone who has been on American Idol, which I just hate.

I see him as someone who doesn't take himself to seriously and find him to very personable and easy going.

skateboy
04-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Yes!

WindSpirit
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Dayana doesn't strike me as particularly bright. The only idea I recall her having was the crude sexual analogies she came up with for one of the tasks. I know there was more and that's only from what we saw. I'm sure there was more than that. The things I remember, one: she was trying to bring to Lisa's attention that a big part of Medevial Time's audience were children. Lisa ignored her and paid for it dearly. Another: a brilliant save after Penn said Walmart instead of Walgreens. Now, that was some quick thinking and she was funny, too.

Lisa is a talented writer and I think she's very smart, though being nasty and insulting to so many of her teammates is basically a stupid strategy. I don't think that's a strategy. I think that's how Lisa really is. As for her being a talented writer, what did she write that would show it? Her act doesn't count. Any drunken sailor could do her act without any preparation.

A good business person has emotional intelligence and aims to utilize others' strengths, not alienate them by focusing on their shortcomings or emphasizing how useless they are. Totally agree. Lisa said two things about her leadership style. Once she said that "it might not be nice, but it gets things done". With which I completely disagree. Like I said before, I had a boss like her and she ended up being punched in the face at work. Three times. That's pretty much sums it up. Later Lisa said "that's why she works alone". I believe that one.

As Lou put it, Dee was "wooing and appraising" Dayana for much of the task. I didn't see any wooing and for what I haven't seen, I'll take Clay's word:
I love @LouFerrigno but that was a low blow against @deesnider AND not true! I NEVER saw Dee trying to "woo" anyone! Unfair strategy, Lou! Being nice and respectful to someone doesn't equal wooing (and what's wrong with appraising?) One of the reasons I love Dee. BTW, Penn spoke about Dayana very nicely, too.

I can't see her making final 2. Spoiler alert. Don't read it if you don't want to know whether she does or not: She won't make final 2, I can tell you this much.

Glad Dee is gone. He really made some poor words choices about what people do when walking. And that's another thing that Dayana was trying to point out, that some of those words were too negative and not necessary something that Walgreens was looking for. She was right again.

I'll miss Dee. He's a totally cool dude and a wonderful human being. I'm very impressed by what I've seen of him and his family.

skatesindreams
04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
WindSpirit, thanks for your post.
It's what I see, as well.
I didn't look at the spoiler.

I hope Clay wins, also.
He's much more than just an an AI contestant.

nubka
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Spoiler alert. Don't read it if you don't want to know whether she does or not: She won't make final 2, I can tell you this much.

I'm glad to hear it, but how do you know this?

Please tell us more... :)

WindSpirit
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm glad to hear it, but how do you know this?

Please tell us more... :)They finished filming in November. Nothing was officially said but those who paid attention could see certain people disappear and, more or less, figure out the order in which they left. For example, after Dee was fired his wife posted on Twitter that he'd be meeting their daughter's boyfriend for the first time which meant Dee was home already.

When contestants needed help with fundraising or/and attendance they called for help, so some people were present during the task for the final 2. The winner is going to be announced in May and, as far as I know, hasn't been decided yet, but I might be wrong on this one. For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if Trump decided to make it a double win this year. That's completely my speculation, but I do know who the final 2 are and what the last task was, as well as who came back to help them.

I hope Clay wins, also.
He's much more than just an an AI contestant. Of course. No one should be defined by one episode in their life. To put it into perspective, AI happened 10 years ago. That's a looong time.

BTW, I didn't even watch that season. I got to know Clay in 2004 when I was downloading his concerts for my friend who was still on dialup. I thought his signing was great, but his banter was even better. And even then I thought he was incredibly multidimensional as a human being, very intelligent, very quick-witted and naturally hilarious. Adam Carolla told Clay that comedians hate people like him because they have to work hard for some something that comes so naturally to him. When Clay called in to Lisa's show on Sirius right after George Takei was fired on Apprentice and they were talking about how George was telling everyone Clay's a backbiter, Clay said, "I don't think I'm a backbiter. A pillow here and there maybe..." :rofl: Lisa screamed, "You're hired, you're hired!" If Clay wrote for Lisa, she could be funny for once. :P But the best thing about Clay's humor is that it's in 99% ad lib.

Another thing I like about Clay is that he's honest, whether he likes someone or not (I'm not saying he's not biased, only that he says what he believes is true, no matter the circumstances). Apparently he and Lisa have become good friends (I wonder if seeing how she behaved on the women's team gave him a pause; I noticed how different Lisa was toward men on Apprentice) He was giving an interview and they were talking about homosexuality and he said that surprisingly people who do more harm are found not on the opposition teams but those who in general support gay rights. And he mentioned comedians, including Lisa. The interviewer asked if he talked with her about it and he said no. If she stops doing that, what does she have left? That tells me he sees her exactly for what she is.

Dee reminds me of Clay in that aspect that most people expect him to be a certain, very defined and narrow way, but he's actually the opposite. I saw him on Wife Swap first and loved his whole family. He's very grounded and you could tell he respects women in general by the way her treated both his own and the "swaped" wife. One of the reasons I didn't see any wooing with Dayana. That's how he treats women. As partners, with their own brains, ideas, feelings, and always with respect. Shit, if he weren't married I would probably propose to him. :lol:

skatesindreams
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree with you!
He's a "gentleman", first.
Sexual preference doesn't affect that.

Smart and accomplished; he doesn't fit any stereotype.
I think he'll get even more offers/opportunities as a result of the show.

RoseAugust
04-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I also hated to see Dee go. I puchased the Twisted Sister Christmas CD a few years ago and it quickly became one of my favorites. He's about to release a similar CD with Broadway tunes and I can't wait! I'm sure I'll love Broadway Dee as much as I loved Christmas Twisted Sister. Great guy. But the game continues, so it's Clay for the win!