PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Amazing Race-Last Rites: The end is nigh

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Beefcake
02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Last dance. Last chance for ...

... playing FSU's Suicide Amazing Race with Host Beefcake. TAR 20 begins tomorrow, February 19. Suicide Amazing Race V begins immediately following the premiere.

:kickass: This will be no frills, no resuscitation, no la la peace love and harmony. Nope. You either get it right, or you've offed yourself. :kickass:

:) Enjoy.

I had to skip the last three Suicide Amazing Race games to bring up the version we're emulating: Suicide TAR I (www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68114&highlight=amazing+race+suicide)

Last season's was the least typical Suicide game (www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80156&highlight=suicide+amazing+race) as nobody died. Boring. Versions II and III featured resuscitation, and an attempt for ghost returnees that failed when Phil and Co. decided to have a double episode finale. :drama:

:COP: You have the first episode to watch, familiarize yourself with the teams, and then submit your first picks. Here is Phil's assessment of the teams (www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2198439053/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-cast-assessment) ... some of you may think you can pull hints from his words. Eh, maybe, maybe not.

An aside: Clowns :scream::scream::scream:

Here are the rules. Please check these again, though, as if I've forgotten a wrinkle I may edit by Tuesday.

SUICIDE TAR OVERVIEW: Each week, surviving TAR Suicide contestants will submit choices of one TAR team they feel will survive the next episode's leg. If your pick survives to the next week, so do you!

RULES:

1. At the beginning of Week 2, 2/19-airtime on 2/26), anyone wanting to participate in this game will submit - on this thread - the name of a TAR team they feel will survive the upcoming week's episode. Survivors will continue this ritual until they are dead or until the finale (see: #7 for finale rules).

Sample weekly submission: WEEK 2: Ma & Pa.

Simple, eh? :)

2. Submission must be prior to the start of the upcoming episode's first showing (i.e. Eastern Time)

3. If your team survives the episode, you also survive to play again. :cheer2:

4. If your team is eliminated, you are eliminated. :wuzrobbed (You're also out if you forget to submit before the deadline.)

5. Important: You may use each team only ONE time for the duration of TAR20/this game. Ergo, your strategy may be to pick a team you perceive as weaker (but not "weakest"!) each week. Or your strategy may be to play it safe, make sure you progress into the next week.

6. The game will end either after the final episode or when the last of us is knocked out via "suicide".

7. Those surviving through the season's penultimate episode will predict the WINNER from any of the teams racing in the finale. i.e. You don't have to save anybody for the finale. :saint: That's my loving going-away gift to you.

rfisher
02-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Living on the edge. :cheer2:

FiveRinger
02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I have never been successful at any of this....and now you want to do this to me? I don't have a prayer.:lol:

ks1227
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
:COP: You have the first episode to watch, familiarize yourself with the teams, and then submit your first picks. Here is Phil's assessment of the teams (www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2198439053/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-cast-assessment) ... some of you may think you can pull hints from his words. Eh, maybe, maybe not.

That looks like a pretty intense bunch! :eek: Can't wait to see it tonight! :D

Jenna
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Wow, they all look very physically fit. :eek:

Should be very interesting!

shan
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
:cheer2: TAR returns!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Suicide Amazing Race 5!!

Thanks for one last game Beefcake!

allezfred
02-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Wheee! :cheer:

Although I do wonder if this is a KVDP last time or a real last time? ;)

AragornElessar
02-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Not sure why I'm doing this to myself....Again!!....But...Oh what the Hell, why not?

:D

professordeb
02-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Only 15 minutes into the show and already Rachel is telling all that no one comes between her and her ... million dollars. Please let them get eliminated soon. Any time they are on is a waste of TV time and mine.

Garden Kitty
02-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Wheeee, the show starts with a cycling theme. Anyone catch The Ride last night? It's a documenary showing Phil's cross country bike ride to raise money for MS research.

Beefcake
02-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Wheee! :cheer:

Although I do wonder if this is a KVDP last time or a real last time? ;)
:lol: Yes, this is definitely my last go-round. I noticed on the link for "Suicide TAR I" that I had tried to quit, but didn't ... that was four Suicide versions and probably another two "rank 'em" versions ago. :shuffle:

As for KVDP, yes, he's got to retire soon, dump the chav, and come to California. My house boy w/benefits :grope: can only be so old, ya know.

I'm rejoining the competition :) since it's the last dance.

WEEK 1: Hicks

professordeb
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Hmmmm ... too much Brenchel for me -- but then any time they get air time is too much for me :P

Week 1: Hicks

PrincessLeppard
02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Well, I was going to go with Bopper and partner, but since they've been chosen twice, I will take the Jersey Tools, and if they are eliminated, you all can thank me for taking one for the team. :encore:

rfisher
02-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm going with the Clowns. I'd have gone with the JerseyTools, but I don't trust PL.

Bev Johnston
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Badonka Bums for me