PDA

View Full Version : Who should replace Cinquanta & Dore when they retire?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

professordeb
02-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Shouldn't the question be IF they retire? Maybe they can live forever...

Does that mean their theme song is Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever"? :D

kwanfan1818
02-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Ziggy and Andrei aka Pushkin.

4rkidz
02-18-2012, 01:59 AM
don't forget ISU isn't just figure skating :shuffle:

kwanfan1818
02-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Cinquanta has made speed skating his priority for years while using figure skating as a cash cow. A little focus on figure skating would set the balance back.

julieann
02-18-2012, 02:38 AM

That is the first problem. If the ISU wants to be a union for the skaters, have a liason for both speed skaters and figure skaters seperately. So each is represented, they may be on ice and use skates but they are different sports.

Visaliakid
02-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Within Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Provisory Version of the Summary of Proposals For The 54th ISU Ordinary Congress and supported by the Russian Skating Federation there is a proposal made by Cinquanta and Krick which is an effort to postpone the scheduled ISU elections one time to supposedly give the body additional time to consider plans to deal with the poor economic impact on the Union and the sport. This is a ruse to allow Cinquanta to retain his office (not because he loves figure skating) but in order to keep his seat on the IOC Council thru the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi.

With the Russian Skating Federation backing this maneuver, you can bet there is going to be some big time payback if it succeeds. I fully expect someone from the Russian Federation will be running to replace Speedy.

IMHO it is long past due to force Cinquanta to retire and put a more modern thinking person in his place to begin to address a multitude of issues, long frozen under the ice of the sport.

skateboy
02-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Scott Hamilton.

magnolia
02-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Within Article 9, Paragraph 1 of the Provisory Version of the Summary of Proposals For The 54th ISU Ordinary Congress and supported by the Russian Skating Federation there is a proposal made by Cinquanta and Krick which is an effort to postpone the scheduled ISU elections one time to supposedly give the body additional time to consider plans to deal with the poor economic impact on the Union and the sport. This is a ruse to allow Cinquanta to retain his office (not because he loves figure skating) but in order to keep his seat on the IOC Council thru the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi.

With the Russian Skating Federation backing this maneuver, you can bet there is going to be some big time payback if it succeeds. I fully expect someone from the Russian Federation will be running to replace Speedy.

Old men with power usually get what they want.

Garden Kitty
02-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Sharpie!!!

googooeyes
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Peter Kriek

This is a pretty good bet, Bruno. Peter Krick is already in a powerful background position in the ISU as Sports Director. At important competitions he is always there quietly in the background. His wife Cissy Krick is an International judge from Germany. He is very knowledgable about Figure Skating.

michiruwater
02-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Prancer.

AndyWarhol
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Me.

IceIceBaby
02-18-2012, 02:46 PM

What's the point to have speed skating and figure skating combined under one union? They are totally different sports with different audiences, sponsors, rules etc. I hope figure skating will get it's own association one day.

drfj
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
What's the point to have speed skating and figure skating combined under one union? They are totally different sports with different audiences, sponsors, rules etc. I hope figure skating will get it's own association one day.

i hope also,but that would be a miracle

merrywidow
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
IMO it should be someone from one of the Asian federations. We've had Speedy for years (Europe) & Dore (North America).