PDA

View Full Version : Poodles on Parade: 2012 Westminster Dog Show tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

dbell1
02-15-2012, 03:55 AM
How did the Dachshund win his group? Blind judge? Payoff? Looks like an experiment gone wrong. :lol:

rfisher
02-15-2012, 03:58 AM
I know the Peke is favored, but I really like the Shepherd and the Dobie. They moved beautifully.

danceronice
02-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I didn't know very smart Dobies either (but then all the Cockers I knew were nasty little buggers, too, counter to what they said.)

IceAlisa
02-15-2012, 04:02 AM
I've never personally known any Cockers. They are cute though.

danceronice
PEKE! PEKE PEKE PEKE!

(Better be an explanation of the guy tackled and hustled out before the BiS started...)

rfisher
Campaign works and Peke wins. Good for his owners and handler.

danceronice
02-15-2012, 04:04 AM
I've never personally known any Cockers. They are cute though.

Maybe the ones I met as a kid were just all the bottom of the barrel pet quality but man, yappy, cranky, snapping little SOBs. Dobie--NICE dog, but man, not the sharpest tool in the shed. Of course he was being run by a Jack Russel Terrorist...

Sassafras
02-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Malachy is adorable! Saw a quote describing him as "looking like a (regal) cross between a slow-moving hair ball and an overgrown hamster"

Wyliefan
02-15-2012, 04:20 AM
I thought he looked like a cross between an Ewok and a Tribble. So cute but so funny-looking! I couldn't stop laughing at him. :lol: But I'm glad he won. The German shepherd was nice too, though, even though I don't normally like the breed. He had a nice face.

dbell1
02-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Maybe the ones I met as a kid were just all the bottom of the barrel pet quality but man, yappy, cranky, snapping little SOBs. Dobie--NICE dog, but man, not the sharpest tool in the shed. Of course he was being run by a Jack Russel Terrorist...

I'm with you on the 'not impressed by Cocker's' train. Lady and the Tramp my arse. :scream:

Malachy is adorable! Saw a quote describing him as "looking like a (regal) cross between a slow-moving hair ball and an overgrown hamster"

:lol: Best description ever.

I thought he looked like a cross between an Ewok and a Tribble. So cute but so funny-looking! I couldn't stop laughing at him. :lol: But I'm glad he won. The German shepherd was nice too, though, even though I don't normally like the breed. He had a nice face.

I said "Tribble" too. :D That peke had the cutest freaking face. Poor Dalmatian wuz robbed again.

I feel sort of bad for my dogs, they sat here patiently waiting for their nightly walk until the end of Westminster. :lol:

IceAlisa
02-15-2012, 04:28 AM
It's just starting on the West Coast but I wanted to be spoiled. That Irish setter was so beautiful. The red and white Irish setter was beautiful too.

IceAlisa
02-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Wheeeeee!!! The Irish setter won the sporting group! Guess I missed rfisher's post about it. The dog is very beautiful.

Kruss
02-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Disappointed but not surprised at BIS. But they were all champs, it's just that was my least favorite of the top 7.

AragornElessar
02-15-2012, 05:03 AM
I hear you Kruss. We were rooting for the German Shepard here. That was one gorgeous dog!!

Cross between an Ewok and a Tribble to describe the Peke? PERFECT!!! :lol:

Any news on what the hell happened just before BiS started w/that guy bodily being taken out behind the Judge?

Kruss
02-15-2012, 05:24 AM
One story said it was one woman trying to reach the ring, another story said it was two PETA members trying to reach the ring.