PDA

View Full Version : If US ladies get 3 spots....

Pages : 1 [2]

euterpe
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
What happens if the 3rd person tanks, like almost dead last? Does that affect the number of spots for next year, regardless how well the other 2 performs?

Nope.

RockTheTassel
02-13-2012, 11:23 PM
What happens if the 3rd person tanks, like almost dead last? Does that affect the number of spots for next year, regardless how well the other 2 performs?

If three skaters compete, then only the top two need a combined total of thirteen to keep three spots. So if one skater gets fourth, another gets seventh, and the last one gets twenty-sixth, the country would get three spots because the placement of the top two skaters adds up to eleven. The skater who got twenty-sixth wouldn't affect it.

BigB08822
02-13-2012, 11:28 PM
I think it is very important for the US to get back 3 spots next year. I know people HATE all the Gracie Gold talk but I want to make sure she can get a spot next year without all the pressure of going to Worlds and keeping 3 ladies, and possibly herself, a spot at the Olympics. I am not saying she will definitely make the world team but I do think she will be a contender, another year of experience and maturing and hopefully those amazing jumps would surely contend for top 3 at US Nationals. If she can go to Worlds and just soak it all in and LEARN I think it will go a long way to helping her come Olympic season.

pinky166
02-13-2012, 11:36 PM
I mean I've been hearing all about Alissa's 3lz+3t's in practice. If she shows up with that, then look out world :O

She's done 3lz-3t in competition before, it is not that impressive, both jumps are low and the 3t is always cheated, < if not <<. It is nothing like Gracie or Yuna's 3lz-3t.