PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30

allezfred
02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
My seven year old nephew was singing "The Edge of Glory" at Christmas. There's still life in the old Gaga yet.

4rkidz
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Me too. This is an interesting read: I'm not okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammys and I'm not sure why you are (http://hellogiggles.com/im-not-okay-with-chris-brown-performing-at-the-grammys-and-im-not-sure-why-you-are)

Very interesting article - I posted it to my FB.. I enjoyed watching the grammy's and funnily enough the only thing I knew about Minaj was because I watch the Ellen show and this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9573kGBtuE&feature=relmfu

I actually kinda liked the 'performance' aspect as prior to that it was a bit dull for my liking :shuffle: Hudson was amazing and so was Adele - I am going to hopefully see her in concert in May so am excited her voice is okay...

but what I really enjoyed was reading the pbp of the evening here today - you guys did a great job - very entertaining :lol:

cruisin
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM
I was listening to an NJ talk radio program this afternoon. Apparently there are a lot of 20 something young women who are tweeting that they think Chris Brown is so hot, that they would let him beat them any time. :eek:. Do they think it's funny? What is wrong with people?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think Gaga is over either. I do think that she ended up kind of backing herself into a corner with all the costumes and the larger than life "Gaga" persona. IMO that has overshadowed that fact that like Adele (:swoon:and :respec:) she actually has talent and can sing without the smoke and mirrors.

She might not have the range that Adele does but if someone decided that all singers must depend only on their voices with no huge dance numbers and stage sets, Gaga could still go out there and sing without the autotuning.

She keeps getting compared to Madonna so I hope one more way Gaga mimics Madonna is with longevity. I will say that it took me until the third release from her new CD for me to like any of her new music. I hope the next one is better. I also do think Gaga is trying too hard to be the tortured artist.

I'm so glad to see people like Gaga (underneath all the hype and meat dresses) and Adele get the attention they deserve. And I hope Adele will never change her mind and start sexing it up in videos (I get the feeling she must get pressure to do so). She doesn't need to.

BTW, did anyone see the red carpet interviews on E! I saw some reference to something that happened between Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic while she was interviewing Julianne Hough. If it was talked about up thread let me know and I'll go find it.

cruisin, sometimes I fear for the human race. :scream:

Jenny
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, my 6 year old just discovered her last night and now loves her.

My seven year old nephew was singing "The Edge of Glory" at Christmas. There's still life in the old Gaga yet.

Yes, I'm sure that's the audience she's going for. :lol:

topaz
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
He's taking his licks...I understand why some are still so angry with him, but when does he get a chance to redeem himself?

He sure has taken his licks; He's so young and he has time to mature and grow. I don't think many in the public and the industry will ever forget. I guess I'm a person who believes that people should not be judged solely based on their bad deeds.

But I'm a person who knows someone who was married to very, very prominent celebrity and who was humiliated publicly by that person with the lies spread about their relationship. So, I tend not to base my opinion solely on media half-truths. There are always two sides to each story.

allezfred
02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes, I'm sure that's the audience she's going for. :lol:

Get them while they're young. ;)

I find it very hard to say anything bad about Gaga because she is such a champion for the rights of young (and not so young) LGBTQ people.

Jenna
02-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't think Gaga is "done" at all! BTW was very well received and earned a nomination here at the Grammy's. We all knew Adele was going to sweep here, and so did she. Maybe if she released BTW in a different year, she would've gotten it. Who knows. I also read an article that suggested she kept a low profile because she knew this was "Adele's night." That makes sense, and that was respectful of her. I think there is plenty of Gaga to come.

Rex
02-13-2012, 09:42 PM
He sure has taken his licks; He's so young and he has time to mature and grow. I don't think many in the public and the industry will ever forget. I guess I'm a person who believes that people should not be judged solely based on their bad deeds.

But I'm a person who knows someone who was married to very, very prominent celebrity and who was humiliated publicly by that person with the lies spread about their relationship. So, I tend not to base my opinion solely on media half-truths. There are always two sides to each story.

Thank you topaz...

reckless
02-13-2012, 09:43 PM
He's taking his licks...I understand why some are still so angry with him, but when does he get a chance to redeem himself?
I'm not opposed to redemption, it's hard to judge the sincerity of his apology to fans for the incident with Rihanna, since it came five months after the fact and sounded very scripted. And his actions at Good Morning America less than a year ago suggest he still has anger issues. The fact that his tirade was prompted by questions about the incident with Rihanna also makes me wonder if he realizes that he did something wrong.

Louis
02-13-2012, 09:45 PM
I find it very hard to say anything bad about Gaga because she is such a champion for the rights of young (and not so young) LGBTQ people.

Or just plain-old-different people. I think Gaga's overall schtick and some of her songs have some extremely positive messages for young people. E.g., Born this Way, Bad Kids. I'd let six year olds listen to a lot of her music v. none of, say, Ke$ha's. :lol:

Andora
02-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I saw the collection of tweets from women saying Chris could beat them, because he's hot and whatnot. So incredibly sad. And this is why I'm hard on the guy. I don't think he really HAS taken his licks, and I don't think he's been humbled or even especially apologetic about it either. And the tweets saying he could beat these various women just underline how domestic violence really isn't taken seriously enough.

I was just thinking about how Gaga's outfit last night was rather tame, for her, and I figure she must have known it wasn't her night going into it. One meh awards show doesn't mean she's over. I think she's gone hell bent for leather since her first album came out and could probably use a break and make us miss her, though.

BigB08822
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't stand Chris Brown because he seems like a completely douche. He has had many many incidents where he has acted like a complete idiot. Clearly that is just his personality and he has not grown up and matured. I hate what he did to Rihanna but I could probably move on and forget about it if it was truly looking like a one time incident. Everyone makes mistakes, even horrible mistakes, but he continues to behave in ways that make me think he will never change or grow up.

Louis
02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: Brown, my position is "too much too soon." I am fine with him appearing, but he had more airtime than just about anyone. Maybe the solo should've gone to someone else.

BigB08822
02-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Re: Brown, my position is "too much too soon." I am fine with him appearing, but he had more airtime than just about anyone. Maybe the solo should've gone to someone else.

I agree. Chris Brown had a really big performance last time, too. Yet someone like Kelly Clarkson was just performing for only the 2nd time at the Grammy's and it was a duet for Jason's song, she was more of a guest than anything. I would have loved to have seen Robyn perform, she is a show stopper and Chris Brown would have still been on stage, just not for 2 numbers.