PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

hydro
02-13-2012, 04:44 AM
Set Fire To The Rain is a big fave too.

Agreed. I also love her cover of Brandi Carlile's Hiding My Heart that closes the album.

John 3 17
02-13-2012, 04:44 AM
I muted Nicki Minaj. WTF is this crap?

On the other hand, LOVED Adele and Jennifer Hudson. Beautiful performances. And I'm not a Katy Perry fan at all, but I admire the way she commands the stage and owns the songs.

ITA!

Wooooohoooooo for Adele's wins! Yaaaay! :respec: I luuuuurve her :)

-Bridget

Cyn
02-13-2012, 04:48 AM
My daughter is sitting next to me hating on David Guetta.

I think I love your daughter. David Guetta is an overrated hack :blah: and an insult to/boil on the butt of electronic and dance music

Deadmaus rescues this musical bit from total yuck.

:respec:

Was the guy in the mouse ears even doing anything at the end or just standing there? I don't get it...

:wall: :drama: Le Sigh……I'm old enough to be your Mom (at least I think I am), and I lurves Deadmau5.

Deadmaus is awesome. Does anyone know the last song he did? The one with the female vocals?

I think it was "This Love" (er, not the Maroon Five song, but a dance track remix - I'll try to find the title).

Nikki Minaj was a whole lot of WTF - I could have easily lived without that.

Over the moon for Adele :cheer2:. She absolutely schooled the other Pop Pwincesses tonight, both in the singing department and by sweeping in the awards.

AragornElessar
02-13-2012, 04:49 AM
I muted Nicki Minaj. WTF is this crap?

On the other hand, LOVED Adele and Jennifer Hudson. Beautiful performances. And I'm not a Katy Perry fan at all, but I admire the way she commands the stage and owns the songs.

Thank you!! Same thing went through my mind at the start of it and then...I just instantly went to ignoring...Whatever the hell that was...

We loved the Glen Campbell tribute and even w/all he's dealing w/, the man can still own that stage. Glen really was great tonight and so deserved that reaction and the Standing Ovation afterwards.

And what a Class of 2012 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards it is too!! The talent in that group is outstanding.

I've been a fan of Adele's since she first hit the scene, but my Parents hadn't ever heard of her before the leadup to the Grammy's and all of the buzz about her comeback. Good thing I'm burning this on DVD so Dad can see the Glen Campbell tribute tomorrow, but also that he'll get to see and hear what the fuss was all about w/Adele. Of course, I had to go to the bathroom and when I come out, there's Adele at the end of her performance. :(

As I'm walking over to what's "my chair" in our living room, Mom looks at me and all she says is, "Oh my...You weren't kidding about this lady's voice." No, I most certainly was NOT. :D So beyond thrilled for Adele's haul from tonight. After all she's been through this year, she has to be thinking she's dreaming. :)

And then there's Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney. That was perfect. Understated, classy and perfect. I also didn't think Jennifer was going to make it through the song, as she looked like she was about to lose it at any second.

I hate to say it though...Tonight's show just reminds of why I haven't watched the Grammy's in so long. I get them wanting to stay current, but that balance that used to be there between the actual ceremony and giving all of the genres a chance to shine on what's billed as Music's Biggest Night, instead of only what's deemed to be "hot and hip" as it appears to be like now...JMO but to me, I miss the Ceremony of the early to mid 90's where that actually did happen and you didn't have to go looking to find out who won what in what category/genre other than what's considered the "big awards" on Grammy night.

John 3 17
02-13-2012, 04:51 AM
I LOOOOVED Adele's look tonight. Very '60s. Jennifer's hair was GORGEOUS, too. I love seeing these bouffant 'dos & fake lashes coming back! So feminine!

Oh, and I'm SO glad that Jennifer's gained a little weight back -- she was too skinny -- she looks much better now! Hope she keeps it!

-Bridget

hydro
02-13-2012, 04:51 AM
I hate to say it though...Tonight's show just reminds of why I haven't watched the Grammy's in so long. I get them wanting to stay current, but that balance that used to be there between the actual ceremony and giving all of the genres a chance to shine on what's billed as Music's Biggest Night, instead of only what's deemed to be "hot and hip" as it appears to be like now...JMO but to me, I miss the Ceremony of the early to mid 90's where that actually did happen and you didn't have to go looking to find out who won what in what category/genre other than what's considered the "big awards" on Grammy night.

And once again, classical music gets the shaft on the broadcast.

meggonzo
02-13-2012, 04:54 AM
Loved that Adele won pretty much every category, but I was hoping Mumford & Sons would snag an award. That's one of my other favorite albums.

Habs
I could go on forever about how mad that's made me.

Me too. This is an interesting read: I'm not okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammys and I'm not sure why you are (http://hellogiggles.com/im-not-okay-with-chris-brown-performing-at-the-grammys-and-im-not-sure-why-you-are)

Michalle
I hope Lana del Rey wins a Grammy next year and people lose their shit! I could totally see her being nominated for Best New Artist or something.

Habs
02-13-2012, 04:55 AM
:rolleyes:

I guess because some folks have let by gones be bygones and given him another chance.

Folks still give applause and accolades to James Brown, even knowing his past history with abuse and dating underage women.

Sorry topaz, I still don't get it. I guess I don't think he deserved another chance. And I'm not sure questioning the ovation he got is deserving of an eye roll. Men shouldn't hit women. Period.

Jenna
02-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Loved that Adele won pretty much every category, but I was hoping Mumford & Sons would snag an award. That's one of my other favorite albums.

I think they deserved Best Rock Performance.

SO happy with Bon Iver with Best "New" Artist..especially in light of Nicki Minaj's performance.

Cyn
02-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Deadmaus is awesome. Does anyone know the last song he did? The one with the female vocals?

Found it (and durrrr…. I was way off on the title)!! It's Raise Your Weapon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsd6HEZ97k) from the album 4X4=12.

Sorry for the brain fart on my part. It sucks getting old.

oleada
02-13-2012, 05:04 AM
I hope Lana del Rey wins a Grammy next year and people lose their shit! I could totally see her being nominated for Best New Artist or something.

:scream:

Can someone explain to me why she's a big deal? I couldn't make it through Video Games....

John 3 17
02-13-2012, 05:05 AM
I was so exited that my favorite new artist, Jamie Grace, was nominated for Best Christian song for "Hold Me" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISgr8SgCYbY)! She didn't win :( but her album is FABULOUS!! Very happy she got a nom!

Oh, and why wasn't Florence + the Machine nominated for ANYTHING?! I was shocked when I read all the noms and didn't see her name. I really like "Shake It Out".

-Bridget

hydro
02-13-2012, 05:06 AM
Found it (and durrrr…. I was way off on the title)!! It's Raise Your Weapon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsd6HEZ97k) from the album 4X4=12.

Sorry for the brain fart on my part. It sucks getting old.

Thanks! Loving it!