PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

rudi
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I wish I could figure out how to unsubscribe from the Hunger Games site I signed up at. I got put into District 8, btw. I keep getting email from President Snow, and now that the movie is about to open, I am getting messages from Seneca Crane as well. Oh, well, he will be dead soon. :lol:

LOL...Too funny!

I have only read the 1st book so far and am looking forward to seeing the movie & reading the 2nd book.

My curiosity is really piqued about Battle Royale after reading the comments here. My Netflix streaming option doesn't have it (among other movies I had looked for :rolleyes:). Going to have to see if I can rent it somewhere.

ChelleC
03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
That means you'll side with PL and me. :D

I most definitely do side with you and PL :lol:

Catching Fire was great. I loved it. Mockingjay on the other hand. :mad: Ridiculous.

rjblue
03-05-2012, 12:25 AM
The Hunger Games was a great, entertaining read. I think it is going to be an even better movie.

Catching Fire was a decent sequel. Mockingjay, on the other hand...has anyone else seen the Monty Python episode Bicycle Tour? There is a scene where they are in front of a firing squad, counting down to fire, and then it cuts to 30 minutes later, and they are continuing their tour, with no explanation of how they escaped. That is how Mockingjay was. Even in the Hunger Games, Collins dealt with the set-up to the climax better than she did the climax itself, and by the time she wrote Mockingjay I think she'd just given up.

I read it all in about 4 days, but it won't be a book like Ender's Game, that I return to and reread every few years.

michiruwater
03-05-2012, 12:30 AM
That's a coincidence; I only just found out about the planned movie version of Ender's Game today, and I'm super excited, especially with the great cast. I just wish I had my copy don here so I could delve into it again.

rjblue
03-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I only just found out about the planned movie version of Ender's Game today, and I'm super excited, especially with the great cast.
I'm interested to see how it turns out, but not excited about the Ender's Game movie. The cast looks great but almost all the things that happen in the book require you to be inside Ender's head, with his insight into his motives and I just can't imagine how difficult the screenplay would be to write and do the story justice.

Hunger Games on the other hand, seems tailor made for the big screen. Katniss is completely moved by external events, and the only conflict of her inner voice is which boy she cares for, and that won't be difficult to portray.

The sets of Enders Game should be quite boring except for the battle room, and Hunger Games should be amazing.

Sk8fun
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I just finished the 3rd book. I enjoyed the first 2 much more than the last. They kept my interest but I mostly finished the last book just for the sake of finishing the series. I am looking forward to the movie though.

oleada
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Wheee, I have my ticket for the movie! 12:20 AM :) I'm excited!

Theatregirl1122
03-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Wheee, I have my ticket for the movie! 12:20 AM :) I'm excited!

Nice! I have a ticket for 12:01! Can't wait!

michiruwater
03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Nice! I have a ticket for 12:01! Can't wait!

Are you going to the iMax showing at Rave Cinemas? I plan on buying tickets this week (that showing hasn't sold out yet), and if you are we might have to meet up for a bit :D

Theatregirl1122
03-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Are you going to the iMax showing at Rave Cinemas? I plan on buying tickets this week (that showing hasn't sold out yet), and if you are we might have to meet up for a bit :D

I'm going to Quality 16. Unfortunately the IMAX is kind of a migraine trigger for me. But we should meet up some time before I'm done with school in April.

Sylvia
03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I thought this New York Times article was an interesting read the other day (includes a video): How ‘Hunger Games’ Built Up Must-See Fever (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/business/media/how-hunger-games-built-up-must-see-fever.html?pagewanted=all)

Artemis@BC
03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
I was in Chapters on Saturday and it seemed like every available square centimetre of wall space was taken up with some kind of movie-tie-in version of the book or related merch. I'm a fan of the book, and looking forward to the movie (tho not in the 1st few days, and definitely not in Imax!) ... but I abhor that kind of mega-marketing. For anything.

Almost enough to make me :scream: ... almost, but not quite!

Anyway, those of you who will be going on the opening night, enjoy. I'll follow along at my own middle-aged pace. :D

DarrellH
03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
It was filmed here in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Looking forward to seeing this.

genevieve
03-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm going to see the Hunger Games this Sat at 11pm at an IMAX theater. Just saw that Battle Royale is playing at an arthouse theatre on Fridays this month ... maybe I'll go on the 23rd to prepare for the Big! American! Version! :D

CDANN1013
03-21-2012, 12:40 AM
All this talk about Hunger Games makes me want to read it. If I do will I regret it like after I read Twlight (I wanted to poke my eyes out after reading that book).

Carol