PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

bek
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Is it weird that I'm happy for Lawrence that she has studios fighting over her. She's clearly hitting the big time... And good for her, she's a wonderful young actress. They have the screen writer of Slumdog Millionaire working on Catching Fire, so it should be good. I'm curious who will play President Coin coming up up, hopefully they will get someone really good like Meryl Streep, Glen Close (I can see that etc). Obviously the role is really for Mockingjay but I wonder if whoever they pick can do a quick introduction in Catching Fire.

Rogue
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
For some reason, I keep picturing Nana Visitor for President Coin. Based on her role in Dark Angel, I really think she could pull it off.

michiruwater
04-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I would love Glenn Close in the role SO MUCH.

But for now I'm most curious about who will play Finnick and Johanna.

PRlady
04-12-2012, 05:43 PM
My daughter wants Matt Boner for Finnick. Having now seen him on Glee, I understand where she's coming from. :)

my little pony
04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
My daughter wants Matt Boner for Finnick. Having now seen him on Glee, I understand where she's coming from. :)

i totally understand where that freudian slip comes from, he's adorable

bek
04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
I must say though nothing annoys me more than those who are arguing these books should be banned because they "promote violence" I can't help feeling anyone who thinks the book actually promotes children killing children hasn't actually read the book or watched the movie. Its presented as very wrong. I wouldn't have a young child read these books, but I actually think older children need to learn about the issues that the Hunger Games presents. I'd rather have my kids read things like this than a lot of what is on tv/books.

Zemgirl
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I must say though nothing annoys me more than those who are arguing these books should be banned because they "promote violence" I can't help feeling anyone who thinks the book actually promotes children killing children hasn't actually read the book or watched the movie. Its presented as very wrong.
I think this may be due to one of two reasons:

1. People read the books but missed the point. After all, there were idiotic readers who were upset that black actors were cast as Rue and Thresh.

2. As you suggested, perhaps some critics haven't read the books, but are sure they know everything about them from reading a blurb or watching the movie trailer. We saw a similar phenomenon with the media coverage of 50 Shades of Grey, which apparently promotes violence against women (there are many criticisms that can be leveled at 50 Shades, but that isn't really one of them).

michiruwater
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM

He's 10 years too old, though he is massively pretty :swoon: Then again, Lawrence is 5 years too old for Katniss, so it would make sense to cast an actor in his late twenties or early thirties.

This article (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/26/hunger-games-finnick-catching-fire/) has a poll with Ryan Kwanten winning. He's massively pretty, too :swoon:

danceronice
04-12-2012, 06:25 PM
He's 10 years too old, though he is massively pretty :swoon: Then again, Lawrence is 5 years too old for Katniss, so it would make sense to cast an actor in his late twenties or early thirties.

This article (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/26/hunger-games-finnick-catching-fire/) has a poll with Ryan Kwanten winning. He's massively pretty, too :swoon:

...That's him in the picture with the article? Bring on the fishing net costume...

michiruwater
04-12-2012, 08:32 PM
This (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qC7hd0NK_dc/S5agf_hSkxI/AAAAAAAAZS4/q8KHXuu77Zc/s400/RyanKwanten05.jpg) is a picture of him that immediately made me think of that costume :lol:

Buzz
04-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Personally I prefer Alex Pettyfer in the role of Finnick.

nlyoung
04-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes, he certainly is pretty :)

michiruwater
04-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Personally I prefer Alex Pettyfer in the role of Finnick.

Heck no. I don't think he has the acting chops to pull off Finnick, even if he is pretty. I think he's a pretty poor actor, actually.

Buzz
04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I take that to mean you've seen his last couple movies. LOL. But he does look exceptional in underwear. :hat1:

michiruwater
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes, well, we can still look at him in that ;) I just don't want him anywhere near that role.