PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

FiveRinger
02-12-2012, 06:35 AM
@ Twizzler--Sorry....I found an article in US Magazine that said that said he was sobbing during the performance. I am sorry....I haven't figured out how to copy links on my phone yet.

IceAlisa
02-12-2012, 06:49 AM
I guess people saw it coming but it's still shocking. Oh Whitney...

Southpaw
02-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Wow. I really shouldn't be shocked all things considered, but....

Wow.

nubka
02-12-2012, 07:20 AM
"Crack is whack." :( :(

Civic
02-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm devastated...can't stop crying. I made jokes about her like everyone did, but I loved her music so much...all that beauty and talent...:fragile:. Thoughts with Bobbi Kristina and Cissy right now.
It's all so sad. 48 is much too young to die and 18 is too young to lose your mom. At this point we don't know what was the cause of death. RIP Whitney.

WindSpirit
02-12-2012, 08:06 AM
I saw the news as soon as they appeared and had to take a double take.

I'm kind of surprised she was only 48. Her addiction and her lifestyle in the past 20 years aged her considerably and robbed her of the incredible talent she had.

It's such a sad, sad end to someone so gifted. She'll always be remembered for what she was in her prime and still could have been.

As for her ex husband, I think they were both very bad for each other. Sometimes people bring the best out of each other and something it's the opposite as it was in their case.

I remember looking at Whitney when I was a kid and thinking she had an incredible voice and was breathtakingly beautiful. She seemed to have everything. Then I remember being "mad" at her for wasting it all away. Now I'm just disappointed that all the gifts she had were no match for her addiction.

R.I.P. Whitney. You've brought a lot of joy to people's lives. I hope you've finally found peace that eluded you in your life.

It feels so wrong to be saying "R.I.P. Whitney". Long before her time.

bek
02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
As for her ex husband, I think they were both very bad for each other. Sometimes people bring the best out of each other and something it's the opposite as it was in their case.

Bobby actually claims that before Whitney he only did pot. That it was her and her money that introduced him to the harder drugs. Don't know if I believe him or not. I think she claims differently.

But I will say that it doesn't matter who introduced who to what both were adults/responsible for their own choices. I feel strongly about this partly because I lost a cousin to drugs. And I've watched some of those who love him blame EVERYONE including themselves and each other for his choices. And I will always love my cousin but at the end of the day he choose to take the drugs; get involved with that crowd nobody forced him. I can't blame his dealer; his friends for his choices; and I don't think he'd want me too.

I wonder if everyone blaming Bobby around Whitney perhaps enabled her to never look at her own choices.

There were apparently pictures of Bobbi Kristina with coke a while back; now that's somehow who I truly feel sorry for. Look what she was surrounded with her whole life...:(

Still the voice of an angel. She had the most beautiful tone to her voice...

HeatherC
02-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I saw this news come across my Twitter feed while we were waiting for the ladies event to start at the World Arena tonight and nearly started crying in my seat. :( Her music and her voice are a treasure and I grew up listening to all her albums all the time. I know she had some troubles in her life but wow, her voice still gives me chills. What a terrible tragedy and I am so sad for her family and friends. RIP Whitney :fragile:

WindSpirit
02-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Bobby...blaming...blah I think you're obsessing a little too much about that aspect of her life that people have made references to because it was a part of Whitney's life. But that's it. I, too, mentioned it in passing, but in no way was my post was about it.

It looks like you're looking for any reference to him, no matter how small and insignificant, to use as an excuse to keep writing about him. I don't know about you, but I'd rather this was a thread about Whitney, not about Bobby.

peibeck
02-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I heard this at the arena tonight. Shocking... if not totally unexpected.

bek
02-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I think you're obsessing a little too much about that aspect of her life that people have made references to because it was a part of Whitney's life. But that's it. I, too, mentioned it in passing, but in no way was my post was about it.

It looks like you're looking for any reference to him, no matter how small and insignificant, to use as an excuse to keep writing about him. I don't know about you, but I'd rather this was a thread about Whitney, not about Bobby.

I actually wasn't really reacting to your post; I actually agreed with it. It was more others and what I see a bit in the media. I'm not familiar with Bobby Brown's music; so its not about him. What I'm mainly concerned about is how someone who is supposedly struggling to stay sober would handle a loud public lynching. I don't know if I believe he's sober; but if he is the man has children including a very young child, and a daughter who couldn't afford to lose another parent. I'm concerned about this. And for me too I think what potential killed her is a relevant topic.

And also its about respecting Whitney to as a person. She seems like she was a very tough person. Who perhaps would not want to be seen as someone who was pushed a stray or someone else's puppet. Even she apparently in an interview after they were long done said what they did they did together. Her success was her success her mistakes her mistakes....

I will always remember her gorgeous, angelic voice. What a gift.

Lorac
02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
What an iconic voice. I just watched her version of The Star Spangled Banner on YouTube; for my money, the best vocal version ever done.

I always thought TSSB was a tough song to sing by anyone due to the range it covers - but Whitney - having the range of a mezzo soprano - just soared with it that night. So sad she has passed at a young age - my heart goes out to her family. I hope the music she did perform and peoples reactions to it and Whitney herself can afford them some peace at this sad time :(

bek
02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
She was taught to sing by her mother and Aunt, those three ladies certainly show how music runs in families.

MikiAndoFan#1
02-12-2012, 12:11 PM
So sad. :( She was so young. R.I.P.

shah
02-12-2012, 12:15 PM
:(
R.I.P. Whitney...