PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

4rkidz
02-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Al Sharpton tweeting from the ceremony? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And one more a good measure: :rolleyes:

Okay now the Minister from the Church made it quite clear in the beginning of the service for people to put their cell phones away :rolleyes: Does Sharpton think he's above the rules :shuffle:

FiveRinger
02-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Aretha Franklin was a heavy smoker until she quit in the 90s. Then again she started back in the day when people had no idea of the health risks.

Adele smoking just confirms for me what a silly bint she is. :P

I didn't know about Aretha, but I'm not surprised about her.

I'm not being obtuse, but what is a bint?:huh:

Rex
02-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Okay now the Minister from the Church made it quite clear in the beginning of the service for people to put their cell phones away :rolleyes: Does Sharpton think he's above the rules :shuffle:

Personally, I wish that he and Jesse Jackson had stayed away, or at least avoided the cameras. I know some of the media invited them to speak, but I wouldn't have asked either of them shit.

FiveRinger
02-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Personally, I wish that he and Jesse Jackson had stayed away, or at least avoided the cameras. I know some of the media invited them to speak, but I wouldn't have asked either of them shit.

Truly, they both need to go somewhere and sit down.:scream:

AragornElessar
02-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I agree with whomever up-thread that mentioned CeCe Winan's voice. It is truly amazing. I have heard her live, and it is amazing! I remember hearing her and Whitney sing together live and thinking WOW!

Where and when were you so lucky and blessed to experience that? So envious. CeCe's voice is just so incredable. Wish I could hear her live someday.

Those lyrics from "I Will Always Love You" took on a whole new meaning as they walked the coffin down the aisle. I'd have sworn that Whitney, herself, was bidding good-bye and wishing comfort to the gathered mourners and guests. What a beautiful and appropriate ending to the service. Just beautiful.

This is when I lost it yesterday. I didn't see the entire service, just the last little bit, but when that happened is when the tears came. Such a powerfully sad moment.

Did anyone see David Foster there? What a shame he couldn't have spoken if he was, because the interviews I've seen and the press release he sent out the past week were exactly what was called for. Yes, the lady had severe addiction issues, but let's just for now focus on that incredable talent we lost a week ago and remember the joy she gave us w/that talent.

The Graveside Service was today right? If so, may Whitney rest in peace. :(

Dr.Siouxs
02-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Can't say that I am a fan of her genre, R 'n B, but unquestionably, she was a talented lady. RIP Whitney.

:confused: Whitney was mostly pop, no? :shuffle:

loopey
02-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Where and when were you so lucky and blessed to experience that? So envious. CeCe's voice is just so incredable. Wish I could hear her live someday.
It was in the mid nineties IIRC. I was visiting my family and friends in Detroit. We went to a program at I think it was called Grace First Baptist Church. BeBe, CeCe, were there singing and Whitney came out and did two duets. One was with BeBe and CeCe and the other was with just CeCe and her. All three of these singers have amazing voices. We were live in a huge mega-church, but their voices were so strong, I was riveted and brought to tears. Amazing. Anita Baker was there too. Not performing, but watching. I love going to Detroit. :swoon:

Sasha'sSpins
02-20-2012, 02:22 AM
:confused: Whitney was mostly pop, no? :shuffle:

Yeah she was. I've never thought of her as an R & B singer at all.:confused:

The incident with Bobby Brown at the funeral was unfortunate. I really think he should have thought of his daughter at this time and not tried to bring such a large entourage (9 uninvited people I think?) with him.

aftershocks
02-20-2012, 02:26 AM
Thank you, dear afershocks. I wish you luck on yours as well, and hope that you continue to try to understand those who are still struggling along far behind you.

Thanks Prancer. As you said earlier, "it must be the way [you're] reading" or interpreting what I have to say. I don't see personal struggles or individual journeys as a race or a competition. Nor do I think I'm far ahead of anyone in respect to understanding life or human nature. Just sharing my thoughts. Forgive me all. Instead of saying "our task is not to..." I should have said that upon reflection I do not blame Whitney nor blame others for the problems she faced in life, for the addiction she could not conquer, for the choices she made.

bek
02-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Yeah she was. I've never thought of her as an R & B singer at all.:confused:

The incident with Bobby Brown at the funeral was unfortunate. I really think he should have thought of his daughter at this time and not tried to bring such a large entourage (9 uninvited people I think?) with him.

Yes but his entourage was mainly his daughter's half siblings and his brother. (who he claims were invited) and then some security (which he may have felt he needed). Its not like he was inviting some strangers. Those three kids were Whitney's step children for quite a few years, and perhaps they wanted to be there to support their sister.

Those people were Bobbi Kristina's family.

Rex
02-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Truly, they both need to go somewhere and sit down.:scream:

And tell Al that Clair Huxtable called, and she wants her perm back :EVILLE:.

Jemestone
02-20-2012, 03:27 AM
And tell Al that Clair Huxtable called, and she wants her perm back :EVILLE:.

How do you know it's a perm? It could be a press and curl :lol:

duane
02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
My understanding is that he followed Bobby Brown when he left the church, and while outside he tweeted. His last tweet states that he's heading back inside and isn't allowed to tweet there.

In regards to him being there, he was invited--which isn't surprising. Sharpton is much more respected in the African American community than he is outside of it. People often complain of his involvement in things, but usually he's asked to by the family.

heckles
02-20-2012, 03:34 AM
She was surprisingly good in the movie - to the amazement of some.

Yes, it was such a stretch for Whitney Houston to play the role of a famous pop singer. How did she ever do it?

loopey
02-20-2012, 03:44 AM
My understanding is that he followed Bobby Brown when he left the church, and while outside he tweeted. His last tweet states that he's heading back inside and isn't allowed to tweet there.

In regards to him being there, he was invited--which isn't surprising. Sharpton is much more respected in the African American community than he is outside of it. People often complain of his involvement in things, but usually he's asked to by the family.
Not all of the African American Community. And both Sharpton and Jackson (Jesse) are more often than not invited to very public events by white politicians wanting to "impress" the black community. Many would say the Black Community is "so over" these two.

Of course, I have no idea who invited them to the funeral. I think I will try to find out. ;)