PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Rex
02-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Whitney was so thin and statuesque early on. Perhaps Zoe Saldana could play her? I know Zoe is sort of a mix, but I still think she could capture Whitney.

O-

Love the idea of Zoe playing her.

nubka
02-18-2012, 03:09 AM
Love the idea of Zoe playing her.

She is too skinny, and not statuesque enough. :shuffle:

4rkidz
02-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Wish I could be there to see it.

hopefully someone will do a pbp :shuffle:

Andora
02-18-2012, 03:19 AM
I think Jennifer Hudson is a decent actress. :shuffle: But I'm not sure she has the same statuesque elegance Whitney had. Zoe Saldana does. And remember, she was the edgy ballerina in Center Stage. :P Whitney was definitely edgy in her personal life.

I like the Ludacris suggestion for Bobby Brown. Usher is way too smooth.

BigB08822
02-18-2012, 03:21 AM
No way could Jennifer Hudson pull off Whitney. She looks nothing like her, IMO. Zoe, on the other hand, would be able to pull it off smashingly!

As far as the singing, that does not matter. No way will you have a biopic on one of the greatest singers in the world and not use her voice. No matter who plays her, they will be lipsynching any concert or performance footage. Otherwise it wouldn't be Whitney!

Scintillation
02-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Probably not going to happen, but what about Anika Noni Rose? I thought she did a great job in Dreamgirls, has a beautiful voice, and is very pretty. Oh, and she's won a Tony.

topaz
02-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Any chance E! could stream this beatdown? (They might make a small fortune if everyone has to pay $1.99 to watch...) :lol:

I disagree. I think it's possible to have a strong sense of faith, yet still have troubles that sometimes the person can only deal with through drowning in alcohol and/or drugs. Are there other ways to deal with troubles? Of course. But for some, apparently the alcohol/drugs route is the only or best way they have found at that time. To me it is horrible and heartbreaking, not phony and hypocritical.

I believe it's phony when a person praises Jesus one minute and 5 minutes later they're drinking and doing cocaine. You can't continue to say your praising Jesus for his blessings and continue to do drugs without attempting to get help.

For the record, I feel the same way about pastors/ministers/bishops condemning homosexuality and calling gays abominations yet they are "cruising" at the church or at clubs later on.

BigB08822
02-18-2012, 03:57 AM
I believe it's phony when a person praises Jesus one minute and 5 minutes later they're drinking and doing cocaine. You can't continue to say your praising Jesus for his blessings and continue to do drugs without attempting to get help.

Clearly you can, people do it all the time.

topaz
02-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Clearly you can, people do it all the time.

They do and it's not right and hypocritical. One can't think they can continue to receive "blessings" by wrongfully doing these things and not attempting to get help.

Sparks
02-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Whitney DID seek help. That is how powerful addiction can be sometimes...

BigB08822
02-18-2012, 04:33 AM
Where did Jesus say to not do drugs? He liked wine, it seems and alcohol is a drug. I have a feeling Jesus would give his blessing to anyone, sinner or not. I don't know why you think so many people don't attempt to get help. Many people are ashamed or don't have the money or don't even know where to go. Whitney went to rehab 3 times, FYI.

duane
02-18-2012, 04:40 AM
My problem with Zoe Saldana playing Whitney is that Whitney was African American. Zoe isn't. Roles for African American actresses are scarce enough!

Anika Noni Rose would be an excellent choice if she were 6 inches taller.

Kevind85
02-18-2012, 04:56 AM
On the subject of westboro baptist church. The head of the church, Fred Phelps, was once a civil rights attorney!! He was disbarred though. His daughter, Shirley, who is the church's spokes person got her ass knocked up by some guy she met in a halfway house, so naturally she is an expert on moral behavior.

Prancer
02-18-2012, 05:15 AM
On the subject of westboro baptist church. The head of the church, Fred Phelps, was once a civil rights attorney!! He was disbarred though. His daughter, Shirley, who is the church's spokes person got her ass knocked up by some guy she met in a halfway house, so naturally she is an expert on moral behavior.

For those who wondered what they all do for a living, 11 of Phelps' children, including Shirley, are lawyers (or were). Most of the Phelps family work for the family law firm, Phelps-Chartered, in some capacity or other.

Some of them have left the family fold and gone on to other things, most notably Nate Phelps (http://natephelps.com/), who is, among other things, a gay rights advocate.

nypanda
02-18-2012, 05:25 AM

For the record, I feel the same way about pastors/ministers/bishops condemning homosexuality and calling gays abominations yet they are "cruising" at the church or at clubs later on.

But this is two different things. The first is a person praising the savior who they are in desparate need of BECAUSE they are broken/a sinner/etc (as we all are). The second is a person acting out in the thing they profess to condemn. Do you really not see the difference?

I mean, I think you can't continue to say you're praising Jesus for his blessings and continue to pass judgement on others....but then, that's what I just did, isn't it? ;)