PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Rex
02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
You're right. Changed my mind about Hudson. :)

Whit was a bit ragged near the end, but she was always a pretty, pretty chile, as my gramma would say.

duane
02-17-2012, 04:46 PM
As striking as Whitney was, I never liked how she did her make-up...mainly the eyebrows. Didn't like most of her hair choices over the years either. I thought both downplayed her looks.

Rex
02-17-2012, 05:00 PM
As striking as Whitney was, I never liked how she did her make-up...mainly the eyebrows. Didn't like most of her hair choices over the years either. I thought both downplayed her looks.

She did have some chola brows sometimes. But she was a great natural beauty IMO.

OliviaPug
02-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Whitney was so thin and statuesque early on. Perhaps Zoe Saldana could play her? I know Zoe is sort of a mix, but I still think she could capture Whitney.

O-

vesperholly
02-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Zoe Saldana would be much better than JHud, plus she's a better actress.

RCA sold 400 million Elvis Presley records to distraught fans

Such huge fans that they didn't have his records already? :lol: Reminds me of this graphic (http://www.lolroflmao.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Oh-whitney-houston-died-Tell-me-all-about-how-you-have-always-been-a-huge-fan.jpg) going around the internet.

Rob
02-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Chiwetel Ejiofor or Ludacris (probably mid 30s but maybe could play younger)
Corbin Bleu (too young?)

duane
02-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Perhaps Zoe Saldana could play her? I know Zoe is sort of a mix, but I still think she could capture Whitney.
GAG! ;)

Looks-wise, how about Kelly Rowland? Not as striking as Houston, but I think she has a similar bubbly attractiveness, as well as the body type. Usher as Bobby Brown? But I doubt either one has the acting ability to pull it off.

nubka
02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
GAG! ;)

Looks-wise, how about Kelly Rowland? Not as striking as Houston, but I think she has a similar bubbly attractiveness, as well as the body type. Usher as Bobby Brown? But I doubt either one has the acting ability to pull it off.

They ought to get Flavor Flav to play Bobby... :yikes:

FiveRinger
02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
GAG! ;)

This might work. JHud needs to stick with the Weight Watchers commercials. I never did understand what the big deal in her was, including when she won the Oscar for Dreamgirls.

Now Bobby didn't look that bad....that's just mean! :rofl:

DarrellH
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM

Jazzy Jeff?

PeterG
02-17-2012, 10:59 PM
The Westboro Baptist Church will be there picketing. :rolleyes: They have no problem with Whitney's Christianity, but with her "gay fanbase."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/whitney-houston-funeral-westboro-baptist-church_n_1283072.html?ref=gay-voices

I would love to see these whackos get a beatdown in Newark.

Wish I could be there to see it.

Any chance E! could stream this beatdown? (They might make a small fortune if everyone has to pay $1.99 to watch...) :lol:

In regards to the others being critical of Whitney and her drug use/addiction, it's honest. We know the issues that Whitney had with Wendy Williams. Wendy called her out on her addiction issues a few years ago. I don't always agree with Wendy's brash style, but she is right to say one can't say one thing publicly,i.e thanking Jesus and God; then the next minute getting drunk and snorting cocaine. It's phony and hypocritical.

I disagree. I think it's possible to have a strong sense of faith, yet still have troubles that sometimes the person can only deal with through drowning in alcohol and/or drugs. Are there other ways to deal with troubles? Of course. But for some, apparently the alcohol/drugs route is the only or best way they have found at that time. To me it is horrible and heartbreaking, not phony and hypocritical.

cruisin
02-17-2012, 11:10 PM
GAG! ;)

I think Kelly Rowland is gorgeous! And she can sing, though can she sing as well as Houston?

Any chance E! could stream this beatdown? (They might make a small fortune if everyone has to pay $1.99 to watch...) :lol:

I would watch that! I would even put up with NJ bad rep to see that happen.

I disagree. I think it's possible to have a strong sense of faith, yet still have troubles that sometimes the person can only deal with through drowning in alcohol and/or drugs. Are there other ways to deal with troubles? Of course. But for some, apparently the alcohol/drugs route is the only or best way they have found at that time. To me it is horrible and heartbreaking, not phony and hypocritical.

I totally agree with you. But, some people will never understand that addiction is an illness.

Sparks
02-17-2012, 11:19 PM

THIS.

Civic
02-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Not surprisingly, already there's talk of who would play who in a Houston biopic. The choices:

Whitney Houston: Jennifer Hudson
Good choice. Wonder if they would have her singing to Whitney songs, or have her sing herself (probably the latter, ala Sissy Spacek in Coal Miners Daughter).

Bobby Brown: Don Cheadle
Awful choice!! Bobby was 20 when he and Whitney met, and 23 when they married. Don is WAY too old to play Bobby. How about Chris Brown? It wouldn't take much acting on his part. ;)

Dionne Warwick: Angela Basset
Not bad.

Clive Davis: Brian Cox Drake
WHO??

Cissy Houston: Viola Davis
Excellent!
I think Angela Bassett would be an excellent choice to play Dionne Warwick in a Whitney Houston biopic. However, the producers would do better to cast unknowns in the Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown roles.

nubka
02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I think Kelly Rowland is gorgeous! And she can sing, though can she sing as well as Houston?

I don't think anyone could really sound like Whitney. Maybe the actress could just lip sync it? Honestly, I think I'd rather have a good actress lip-sync, than a singer who doesn't really sound like Whitney, and is maybe just a so-so actress.

I thought Jennifer Hudson strangled the life out of Whitney's song at the Grammy's. :( :(