PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

AxelAnnie
02-17-2012, 03:23 AM
Apparently the funeral is going to be streamed online with E! reporting from outside the church.

I think it should have been completely private. Nobody needs to have cameras in their faces for people to (as you said) gawk at. Especially not Bobbi Kristina.

Don't these people have jobs or something. Jeesh, or maybe their jobs are to wait for people to meet with misfortune so they can picket the funerals. :rolleyes:

I would love to see these whackos get a beatdown in Newark.

Boy I'm with you. What are people thinking? Private doesn't mean live on the internet. Leave these people alone. All this hype helped them get to this horrid place to begin with.

Louis
02-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Realistically, this funeral stands no chance of being "private." I actually think streaming it on the internet is not a bad idea if it will help keep some of the onlookers away.

hydro
02-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Realistically, this funeral stands no chance of being "private." I actually think streaming it on the internet is not a bad idea if it will help keep some of the onlookers away.

Agreed, and I bet there will be both a "public for the internet portion" and a private for the family portion.

vesperholly
02-17-2012, 04:54 AM
This!!!

I heard the reason Gov. Christie did this and I don't have a problem with this. I don't think that it is such a big freaking deal.

2nd. It's just a freaking flag.

FiveRinger
02-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Agreed, and I bet there will be both a "public for the internet portion" and a private for the family portion.

E! said that they would have live coverage at the funeral

antmanb
02-17-2012, 09:56 AM
A gay man's take on Whitney's divadom (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johnmanuel-andriote/whitney-houston_b_1277386.html). I like the way he summed it up.

I liked the sneaky FS reference too :

When she wasn't wowing us with her vocal triple-axels,

allezfred
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
It is my understanding that lowering the American flag is a show of respect and of honor reserved for people who die in service to our country, or to honor someone who made an extraordinary contribution to our country....like a President.

So only people who die in wars or presidents can make extraordinary contributions to their country? :rolleyes:

cruisin
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Don't these people have jobs or something. Jeesh, or maybe their jobs are to wait for people to meet with misfortune so they can picket the funerals. :rolleyes:

I would love to see these whackos get a beatdown in Newark.

If they are fools enough to go to Newark and protest at a funeral for a Native Daughter, they deserve what they get. Well, they deserve a beat down, regardless. But, Newark is a tough city, they won't be safe there.

Sparks
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Was anyne outraged when the Tennessee flags were flown at half-staff when Elvis died?

Rex
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I liked the sneaky FS reference too :
I know, right?

2nd. It's just a freaking flag.

Was anyne outraged when the Tennessee flags were flown at half-staff when Elvis died?

I didn't know that they did that for him; and he was from Mississippi. HA!!

skatesindreams
02-17-2012, 03:34 PM

It's been reported that the family is having some more private "wake" today.

I think that the making the internet stream available is a reasonable "access" solution.
The Associated Press, who are providing this feed, do coverage for the funerals of many pubic figures.

Sparks
02-17-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisFuneral.html
Scroll to the bottom.

Richard Nixon asked Americans fly their flags at half-mast. In Tupelo Elvis' birthplace the mayor declared, August 16 an official day of mourning. RCA sold 400 million Elvis Presley records to distraught fans

duane
02-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Not surprisingly, already there's talk of who would play who in a Houston biopic. The choices:

Whitney Houston: Jennifer Hudson
Good choice. Wonder if they would have her singing to Whitney songs, or have her sing herself (probably the latter, ala Sissy Spacek in Coal Miners Daughter).

Bobby Brown: Don Cheadle
Awful choice!! Bobby was 20 when he and Whitney met, and 23 when they married. Don is WAY too old to play Bobby. How about Chris Brown? It wouldn't take much acting on his part. ;)

Dionne Warwick: Angela Basset
Not bad.

Clive Davis: Brian Cox Drake
WHO??

Cissy Houston: Viola Davis
Excellent!

Rex
02-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Not surprisingly, already there's talk of who would play who in a Houston biopic. The choices:

Whitney Houston: Jennifer Hudson
Good choice. Wonder if they would have her singing to Whitney songs, or have her sing herself (probably the latter, ala Sissy Spacek in Coal Miners Daughter).

Bobby Brown: Don Cheadle
Awful choice!! Bobby was 20 when he and Whitney met, and 23 when they married. Don is WAY too old to play Bobby. How about Chris Brown? It wouldn't take much acting on his part. ;)

Dionne Warwick: Angela Basset
Not bad.

Clive Davis: Brian Cox Drake
WHO??

Cissy Houston: Viola Davis
Excellent!Can't agree with all of this - Jennifer is attractive, but lacks Whitney's striking good looks and is a bit too zaftig. Don Cheadle is, at 47, way too old to portray Bobby Brown, especially at the beginning of their courtship. The second two are doable.

duane
02-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Can't agree with all of this - Jennifer is attractive, but lacks Whitney's striking good looks and is a bit too zaftig.
You're right. Changed my mind about Hudson. :)