PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston has died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

FiveRinger
02-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Remember Robin--Whitney's longtime friend and assistant? Like Whitney's family, she tried but couldn't keep Whitney from her destructive choices, so I doubt any husband could.

I forgot about Robyn....and all of the rumors that Whitney and she were lovers. Much like the ones about Gayle and Oprah. I wonder where she is now?

skatemommy
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
People mag is reporting she was under water in the tub...

Louis
02-13-2012, 09:28 PM
I wonder what it did to her when what was always there was gone.

That was actually my first thought. Living with the self-destruction couldn't have been easy.

When Whitney was at her best, there was none better, IMO. But her most recent album was unrecognizable and sounded as auto-tuned and heavily mixed as Britney or Ke$ha.

BigB08822
02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, it is sounding more and more like she passed out from a combination of xanax and alcohol and then drowned. Horrible accident. :(

heckles
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Note to self: after consuming mass quantities of drugs, take a shower.

Latte
02-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, then you could pass out, fall, hit your head, and die from a brain injury.
Just can't win, can we.

cruisin
02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Yes, it is sounding more and more like she passed out from a combination of xanax and alcohol and then drowned. Horrible accident. :(

There was a news report, today, (via TMZ) that the family was told that there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to consider drowning. They were told that most likely she passed from a combination of a significant amount of alcohol, benzodiazepines, and possibly other prescription drugs. This is a news report, via TMZ, so grain of salt. The coroner's office is still waiting for toxicology screens.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/13/whitney-houston-cause-of-death-prescription-drugs-drowning-atlanta/#.TzmVX1GkS-I

VALuvsMKwan
02-13-2012, 11:15 PM

Speaking from experience - I've heard substance abuse counselors call Xanax "alcohol in a pill".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

"Particular care should be taken in pregnant or elderly patients, patients with substance abuse history, particularly alcohol dependence and patients with comorbid psychiatric disorders."

What the hell was she doing with this prescribed from any physician who knew her history? :eek:

All I can say is, if mixing of alcohol and Xanax is determined to be the cause of her death, literally there but for the grace of God go I. :(

CantALoop
02-13-2012, 11:33 PM
What the hell was she doing with this prescribed from any physician who knew her history? :eek:

My guess is that just like Michael Jackson, some doctors will do anything if their palms are greased enough. :(:shuffle:

algonquin
02-13-2012, 11:34 PM
A column from the Toronto Star's theatre critic about a shared cruise with Whitney and family. It is quite sad.

Whitney Houston saw rough waters on shared cruise (http://www.toronto.com/article/713406--ouzounian-remembering-houston)

cruisin
02-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Speaking from experience - I've heard substance abuse counselors call Xanax "alcohol in a pill".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanax

"Particular care should be taken in pregnant or elderly patients, patients with substance abuse history, particularly alcohol dependence and patients with comorbid psychiatric disorders."

All I can say is, if mixing of alcohol and Xanax is determined to be the cause of her death, literally there but for the grace of God go I. :(

Keep in mind, that one Xanax and a glass or two of wine will not kill you. I am not recommending it, but we are not talking about reasonable amounts of either substance. I also think that prolonged substance abuse had effected poor Whitney's body's ability to tolerate any more toxicity.

BigB08822
02-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't think she will have died from a result of xanax and alcohol. Not from an overdose, but just it knocked her out and she drowned. Some will see it as the same thing but had she passed out in bed she would be alive today. Assuming that is what happened.

The only question I have is why was she drinking and taking xanax to the point of passing out right before going to a party? I understand taking a xanax before a big event, or having a drink, but both? And obviously enough of both to pass out to the point of drowning without waking up? How was she going to function at the party she was attending? I suppose I should stop with all my assumptions before the results come in but I feel strongly this is what happened. I don't see her overdosing and the water in her lungs means she was alive and breathing when she went under.

VALuvsMKwan
02-14-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think she will have died from a result of xanax and alcohol. Not from an overdose, but just it knocked her out and she drowned. Some will see it as the same thing but had she passed out in bed she would be alive today. Assuming that is what happened.

The only question I have is why was she drinking and taking xanax to the point of passing out right before going to a party? I understand taking a xanax before a big event, or having a drink, but both? And obviously enough of both to pass out to the point of drowning without waking up? How was she going to function at the party she was attending? I suppose I should stop with all my assumptions before the results come in but I feel strongly this is what happened. I don't see her overdosing and the water in her lungs means she was alive and breathing when she went under.

Long-term abuse, Brian - which time is going to be one time too many? When dropping a cigarette while in bed instead of just getting into the tub (or even just getting into bed and never waking up)? Substance abusers' bodies can take only so much.

I pray that you never have to find out what it's like to be in a position of co-mingling drugs and alcohol repeatedly over years.

Cyn
02-14-2012, 12:16 AM

I tend to agree with your assessment above.

The only other thing I can think is that her body was so ravaged from years of drug and alcohol abuse that it just gave out at the wrong time. A friend of mine who was 10 years sober after years of abusing alcohol was at that time taking benzos and opiates due to severe spinal problems died out of nowhere (that is, without having taken anything stronger than her prescribed dose the night before). The autopsy determines that her heart just stopped. She was only 51.

nubka
02-14-2012, 12:54 AM

Maybe she still had alcohol in her system from some earlier drinking? It was reported that she done some heavy drinking the night before while out with friends...