PDA

View Full Version : 10 year anniversary from Salt Lake City Olympic 2002

Pages : 1 [2]

BaileyCatts
02-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Summer Olympics are so different...I went to the Atlanta Olys of course-I worked with them. They were also wonderful in their own way, but boy-do I have some stories!! :D

Care to start another thread and share some stories? I just luvs to read me some gossip, even if its 16 years old. :rofl:

I can't believe that was 10 years ago! I distinctly remember watching the events like it was just yesterday, and its been 10 years! Amazing.

PashaFan
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM
For me it was magic, mostly because it was the first Olympics I followed as a skating fan. I was so young and didn't really know shit about the rules, but I remember all the excitement. I remember it as something totally magical and unique.

Yags was pure brilliance and pure talent. It's 10 years later and there hasn't been anyone even close to him ever since. Makes me really positive about that Yagudin was the best skater ever. You can go on all you want about how amazing Plush is for coming back again, but honestly, I would take a year of Yagudin over 10 years of Plushenko anytime. The man was perfection.

The whole pairs drama was nothing but riddiculous for me. I didn't understand much of the ladies situation, but I remember me and my sister were totally pissed (I was a fan of Michelle, she loved Irina). Ice dance broke my heart because I loved D/V from day one. I still believe they deserved so much more in their career than they were awarded.

The SLC gala is still one of my favourites. So many beautiful, memorable programs.

So agree !. Yagudin raised the standards so high, I've yet to see anyone who comes close. Also D/V were really robbed (I loved their 2nd compulsory & thought it was the best).
I watched the gala a few day's ago. Yagudin was amazing. I really felt for Kwan's tears. I also thought it was nice that Elena & Anton skated later than Sale & Pelletier. There was a lot of respect between the two couples.
Also BaileyCatts, we should start another Olympic thread. I went to the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 & Athens 2004-Very different games !

NONKO
02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
10 years since I became a fan of skating!

Me, too.
And 10 years since I became a fan of Alexei Yagudin;)

Men LP Last group on Russian TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySyurRKtI&feature=player_embedded#!

The highest level of any competitions ever!

unicorn
02-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Me, too.
And 10 years since I became a fan of Alexei Yagudin;)

Men LP Last group on Russian TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySyurRKtI&feature=player_embedded#!

The highest level of any competitions ever!

Wondering what did those Russian commentators say about yagudin? I heard the female commentator already called him the olympic champion even before the scores came out. :rollin: