PDA

View Full Version : Will Gracie Gold really CRUSH the Russians at WJC?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jenna
02-09-2012, 01:40 AM
I took Sylvia's advice from this (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3472909&postcount=120) post.

berthesghost
02-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Just curious, but what's the difference between "no way!" and "she doesn't stand a chance"?

oleada
02-09-2012, 01:43 AM
I think that all four girls will have a good shot at the title and medals.

I think that one area that Lipnitskaia has the advantage is consistency and spins. Her spins get her tons of GOE, as they should. Gracie has good jumps, but I think that overall, the Russian girls are better in the PCS department. Gracie's programs are rather empty and her posture is not great. Julia is extremely polished and is emoting better; Adelina has fabulous SS and good musicality and LIza is a great performer. I also think that the Russians have a bit more in transitions. Also, the Russians have more international experience on their side. Gracie has the highest base value in the SP, though (in terms of jumps). In the LP, I think it all evens out.\

I think whoever skates cleanest will win.

Jenna
02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Just curious, but what's the difference between "no way!" and "she doesn't stand a chance"?

"NO WAY!" is for Gracie haterz.

"She doesn't stand a chance." is for normal people who think she doesn't have a chance.

berthesghost
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
:lol: ok, got it.

Triple Butz
02-09-2012, 01:51 AM
I can't wait for the poll in March that will be titled, "Where would Gracie have finished at Senior Worlds?"

Should we start it now or wait until after the competition? ;)

berthesghost
02-09-2012, 01:58 AM
^ only if it's titled "would a clean gracie beat chan with 5 falls?" :lol:

essence_of_soy
02-09-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm just excited there are so many new faces on the international scene.

gkelly
02-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I voted for "It's going to be really really close between all four of them" but I wouldn't actually bet money on that. At least one of them might bomb. I just wouldn't predict which.

UMBS Go Blue
02-09-2012, 03:56 AM
PURPLE

FSfan107
02-09-2012, 04:07 AM
I think that all four girls will have a good shot at the title and medals.

I think that one area that Lipnitskaia has the advantage is consistency and spins. Her spins get her tons of GOE, as they should. Gracie has good jumps, but I think that overall, the Russian girls are better in the PCS department. Gracie's programs are rather empty and her posture is not great. Julia is extremely polished and is emoting better; Adelina has fabulous SS and good musicality and LIza is a great performer. I also think that the Russians have a bit more in transitions. Also, the Russians have more international experience on their side. Gracie has the highest base value in the SP, though (in terms of jumps). In the LP, I think it all evens out.\

I think whoever skates cleanest will win.

Good post. Out of all the skaters expected to compete at JW, I think Lipnitskaia is the strongest overall skater for the reasons you stated.

Sasha'sSpins
02-09-2012, 06:02 AM
I think it's going to be close. Gracie is amazing but she still has a ways to go in refinement, etc.

kwanatic
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Another Gracie topic...*sighs and shakes head*

Ooh! I know...

MICHELLE KWAN!

Yazmeen
02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Now, now, we already have PURPLE in this thread representing the Kween, that's quite enough...

kwanatic
02-09-2012, 02:43 PM
^^Never!

Just like Jello-O, there's always room for the KWEEN!! :)