PDA

View Full Version : Will Gracie Gold really CRUSH the Russians at WJC?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Yukari Lepisto
02-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I think Julia will win the title with no doubt and probably with quite a big margin... and then it's Gracie, Adelina, and Liza fighting for the 2nd and 3rd place...

orientalplane
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm starting to think the age you list on FSU is a truth. :rolleyes:

You should have voted for the other option.

When I voted you hadn't made the distinction. And it's not necessary to be quite so unpleasant.

demetriosj
02-10-2012, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Domshabfan;3475036]However, the hype is very high both from her team and others. i remember the Eurosport guy talking about Gracie at Cup or RussiaQUOTE]

Do you recall the name of the Eurosport guy?

Vash01
02-10-2012, 09:23 PM
In the coming days we will see many more topics about Gracie, no matter what the result are at the Jr Worlds, like whether Gracie will have a triple axel next year, will she so her 3-3-3 in the LP. If she wins the Jr Worlds, there will many more polls on her winning senior world and Olympics. If she losses then whether she needs a coaching change, a change in sports psychiatrist, to change in choreographer, to how she remind someone of Kwan, etc, etc. So this is just the beginning, we are bound to see more post on Gracie Gold soon.

Between I am excited to see her jumps and how she develops. However, the hype is very high both from her team and others. i remember the Eurosport guy talking about Gracie at Cup or Russia, this was after the disastrous skate by Gao i believe.. at that point she hadn't even won Jr US title and had only one international competition under her belt. So hype is unparalleled to anything we have seen in recent past, including the Russian Wonder babies.

Actually the hype began long before the Jr. Nationals, with someone here comparing her with Midori Ito and Tonya Harding.

aftershocks
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
How about: "Will fans of fs ever become sane and level-headed in regard to the next big hyped potential star?"

"Can Gracie Gold just be allowed to breathe, develop, and grow as a skater?"

"Will fs ever become apolitical?"

topaz
02-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I happen to agree that its going to be very very tough. I was impressed with Julia L when I watched the JGPF and Russian Nationals. That kids has small jumps but her presence, musicality and SS are very impressive. The Russian ladies are all polished to be so young, they have alot more experience with going in as the favorite in a competition with other skaters are just as or better skaters. The Russian girls are competing with themselves and their battles are only going to make them all stronger skaters and competitors.

topaz
02-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I think Julia will win the title with no doubt and probably with quite a big margin... and then it's Gracie, Adelina, and Liza fighting for the 2nd and 3rd place...

I"m not counting out Adelina and Liza. Adelina's SP at Russian Nationals was perfect. Adelina's SS are fantastic and her presence on the ice is fabulous.

falling_dance
02-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm starting to think the age you list on FSU is a truth. :rolleyes:

It isn't.

Domshabfan
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
However, the hype is very high both from her team and others. i remember the Eurosport guy talking about Gracie at Cup or RussiaQUOTE]

Do you recall the name of the Eurosport guy?

You can hear him speak, i think it is Chris Howarth.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngt3ztfLnnM

he talks about gracie around 6:15

query5
02-10-2012, 10:28 PM
i think all 3 u.s. ladies has a chance against russian if they skate well, but you can't count out zijun li, the 3 japanese ladies.

right now i think thetop 10 spots and jr worlds are gone, it is between the u.s 3, russian 3, japan 3, zijun li, and maybe canadian katlyn osmond and others, but but getting the top ten in junior worlds for the ladies will be hard with russia, u.s., japan, china tough fight.

demetriosj
02-10-2012, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Domshabfan;3475751]
i think it is Chris Howarth.[url]

Well, you'd have to take anything he says about her with a grain of salt seeing that he is the director of the rink she trains at......

Not exactly an unbiased opinion, to be sure!