PDA

View Full Version : Will Gracie Gold really CRUSH the Russians at WJC?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Domshabfan
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Gracie Gold is a star, she gets a new thread on the trash can every other day, something even Mao and Yuna could not do.

orientalplane
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
"NO WAY!" is for Gracie haterz.

"She doesn't stand a chance." is for normal people who think she doesn't have a chance.

:rolleyes: So I'm a Gracie hater, am I? First I've heard of it. I don't hate anyone.

kwanatic
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Gracie Gold is a star, she gets a new thread on the trash can every other day, something even Mao and Yuna could not do.

I wouldn't say "star" yet. As of now, she's won a handful of low level events against much less talented opponents. She'll officially become a "star" if she can manage to "CRUSH" the Russians and actually win that junior world title in a few weeks.

Personally, I think she's a good jumper but I'm not nearly as impressed as some people seem to be. Russia's top 5 or 6 ladies are all strong jumpers (Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaia, Korobeynikova, Leonova, etc.)...Zijun Li of China is a great jumper...Christina Gao and Agnes Zawadski are great jumpers...it takes more than big and difficult jumps to pull me onto the hype train and as of now, Gracie's a good jumper with decent speed...that's it. Her spins are mediocre, her extension and line need lots of work, her interpretation and presentation are juniorish...she has a lot of work to do in order to be considered a "star" IMO.

Potential star? Absolutely...but she's not there yet. As of now, she's an uber-hyped potential star.

antmanb
02-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Can there be a button added for those that believe Gracie will find the cure for cancer before the end of the year?

gkelly
02-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Can there be a button added for those that believe Gracie will find the cure for cancer before the end of the year?

Only if she finds it during the WJC. Otherwise, save it for a separate poll.

kwanatic
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Only if she finds it during the WJC. Otherwise, save it for a separate poll.

And only during the warm-up for the SP...that's important.

victoriaheidi
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Hmm...I llike Gracie, but this is getting ridiculous.

So I vote with Michelle Kwan.

iarispiralllyof
02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
the music for her sp makes me burst out laughing randomly cos it's so bad
it's some kind of techno remix of the dance of the sugar plum fairies

kwanatic
02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Hmm...I llike Gracie, but this is getting ridiculous.

So I vote with Michelle Kwan.

WHOO! Me too!

All hail the KWEEN!! :D

skatemomaz
02-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Now, now, we already have PURPLE in this thread representing the Kween, that's quite enough...

You can never have enough Kween or enough PURPLE!

Domshabfan
02-10-2012, 05:11 AM
I wouldn't say "star" yet. As of now, she's won a handful of low level events against much less talented opponents. She'll officially become a "star" if she can manage to "CRUSH" the Russians and actually win that junior world title in a few weeks.

Personally, I think she's a good jumper but I'm not nearly as impressed as some people seem to be. Russia's top 5 or 6 ladies are all strong jumpers (Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaia, Korobeynikova, Leonova, etc.)...Zijun Li of China is a great jumper...Christina Gao and Agnes Zawadski are great jumpers...it takes more than big and difficult jumps to pull me onto the hype train and as of now, Gracie's a good jumper with decent speed...that's it. Her spins are mediocre, her extension and line need lots of work, her interpretation and presentation are juniorish...she has a lot of work to do in order to be considered a "star" IMO.

Potential star? Absolutely...but she's not there yet. As of now, she's an uber-hyped potential star.

It was an attempt at sarcasm :(

Jenna
02-10-2012, 05:13 AM
:rolleyes: So I'm a Gracie hater, am I? First I've heard of it. I don't hate anyone.

I'm starting to think the age you list on FSU is a truth. :rolleyes:

You should have voted for the other option.

Vash01
02-10-2012, 05:54 AM
Did we really need this poll? Haven't we beaten this horse to death in another thread with a silly title?

Jenna
02-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Did we really need this poll? Haven't we beaten this horse to death in another thread with a silly title?

Relax. Don't take it too seriously. It's not mean to be..:shuffle:

Domshabfan
02-10-2012, 06:08 AM

In the coming days we will see many more topics about Gracie, no matter what the result are at the Jr Worlds, like whether Gracie will have a triple axel next year, will she so her 3-3-3 in the LP. If she wins the Jr Worlds, there will many more polls on her winning senior world and Olympics. If she losses then whether she needs a coaching change, a change in sports psychiatrist, to change in choreographer, to how she remind someone of Kwan, etc, etc. So this is just the beginning, we are bound to see more post on Gracie Gold soon.

Between I am excited to see her jumps and how she develops. However, the hype is very high both from her team and others. i remember the Eurosport guy talking about Gracie at Cup or Russia, this was after the disastrous skate by Gao i believe.. at that point she hadn't even won Jr US title and had only one international competition under her belt. So hype is unparalleled to anything we have seen in recent past, including the Russian Wonder babies.