View Full Version : My cat may be sick.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Southpaw
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Runcible! :cheer:

Allskate
02-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Eating is great sign. :)

Try not to worry about the lymph node. He obviously just had an infection of some sort, so it's not entirely out of the ordinary for his lymph node to be enlarged. It's prudent to check it out but it's likely nothing.

ITA. Swollen lymph nodes are common with infections. But, it's good that your vet is taking the steps to make sure there isn't another, far less likely, cause.

I'm glad Runcible is feeling better. I'm sure he'll be happy to be back home with you.

CynicElle
02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Best wishes for Runcible's continued recovery!

Spiralgraph
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Runcible is now home with me. :D

My family and I have to give him oral antibiotics for two weeks,but so far everything is good! I'm altering his diet to give him more canned food, hopefully that will prevent any recurrences

Thanks everyone, you are all the best.

Alixana
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Great news!!

DFJ
02-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Good news! Wishing you both only good times now. :cat::)

Anita18
02-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Runcible is now home with me. :D

My family and I have to give him oral antibiotics for two weeks,but so far everything is good! I'm altering his diet to give him more canned food, hopefully that will prevent any recurrences

Thanks everyone, you are all the best.
Fantastic news! :cat:

One other thing, if you're going to start giving him wet food, I find that it's best to just switch completely if he accepts the change. I've read that dry food is harder to digest for cats, and they don't make short-term adjustments between the two very well. When I run out of wet food and I'm forced to use the dry food I haven't yet donated to the shelter to have something to feed Mickey, he always throws it up the first day.

IceAlisa
02-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I've been following the thread and am happy to hear the good news! :cheer2: :cat:

BittyBug
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Great to hear that your little guy is home. Just make sure you feed him that wet food with a runcible spoon (http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171941). ;)

danceronice
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I would switch to a food that specifically says "helps balance urinary PH." Also, adding cranberry supplements (Tractor Supply Company, among others, carries a gel in the cat section) that helps prevent infections and crystals. I also feed their store-brand "premium", 4Life, dry kibble. Jet hasn't had any problems since (he also does well, as far as dry goes, with 9 Lives Plus Care--again, says 'helps maintain urinary PH' on the bag.) The other cats also eat the 'special' foods without an issue. Well, Marcus still gets hairballs, but that's because he eats hair off the floor. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

CarolineL
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
My cats get a spoonful of wet food morning and evening (breakfast and dinner) and have dry available in their dishes. The vet told me right off the bat that my male cat would need that to keep him from getting UTI's. Glad to hear Runcible is on the mend!

LilJen
02-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Yay Runcible!! Go kitty!