I also received that reply.

mag
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Except me :( :)

Did you leave your email address? :)

Artemis@BC
02-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Except me :( :)

It took about 20 hours for a reply, and the automated message that came immediately after I sent my message said "up to 48 hours."

cruisin
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
It took about 20 hours for a reply, and the automated message that came immediately after I sent my message said "up to 48 hours."

Thanks, sniff, I feel better. :) I'm really just kidding around, I don't need a response, I just wanted to give my support. Only reason to want a response is to be sure they got my email.

BigB08822
02-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I sent an email yesterday and I also made sure to mention how much I hate their new commercial. I couldn't help myself. :shuffle:

MacMadame
02-09-2012, 09:34 PM
excited to partner with America's favorite host and former jcp associate, Ellen Degeneres

So Ellen used to be a sales clerk at JC Penneys??

cruisin
02-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I sent an email yesterday and I also made sure to mention how much I hate their new commercial. I couldn't help myself. :shuffle:

Which one, there are a few. There is one that cracks me up. It is a little girl holding a hoola hoop with a dog jumping back nd forth through the hoop. That is the whole comercial. It is hysterical.

skatingfan5
02-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Which one, there are a few. There is one that cracks me up. It is a little girl holding a hoola hoop with a dog jumping back nd forth through the hoop. That is the whole comercial. It is hysterical.How could you forget that there's also a :cat: walking across a high fence in the background! :drama: :lol:

michiruwater
02-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I actually got a slightly different reply:

As we focus on being in sync with the rhythm of our customers' lives and operating in a 'Fair and Square' manner that is rooted in integrity, simplicity and respect, we couldn't think of a better partner than Ellen DeGeneres. We are extremely proud to have her on our team.

cruisin
02-09-2012, 11:23 PM
How could you forget that there's also a :cat: walking across a high fence in the background! :drama: :lol:

That's right! :rofl:

manleywoman
02-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm more inclined to shop at JC Penney now.

fluorescein
02-10-2012, 02:12 AM
I actually got a slightly different reply:
As we focus on being in sync with the rhythm of our customers' lives and operating in a 'Fair and Square' manner that is rooted in integrity, simplicity and respect, we couldn't think of a better partner than Ellen DeGeneres. We are extremely proud to have her on our team.
I got that one too. Wonder if they have a couple that they randomly respond with or if there are key words that trigger one or the other. Either way, good for them.

Fridge_Break
02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
As a bi-sexual man, currently VERY happy in a same-sex relationship, I watched this video with a big smile on my face and tears in my eyes. I never thought I could love Ellen DeGeneres more than I previously had. I sent a 'thank you' to JCPenney as well, and it makes me want to shop there as much as I can when I need to purchase new clothes and accessories.

mag
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Margaret and Helen also love Ellen:

http://margaretandhelen.com/2012/02/10/100000-gay-kids-secretly-watch-ellen/

...Statistically speaking a hundred thousand of those moms are raising a child who secretly watches Ellen and would one day make a fine spokesperson for JCPenney....

pollyanna
02-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Apparently One Million Moms shut down their Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/onemillionmoms?sk=wall

I can still access their wall, I've not been blocked, but then I never knew they existed. But apparently the post about Ellen and JCPenney has been deleted.

I'm more inclined to shop at JC Penney now.

Ditto.