PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catch The River Premier?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AliasJohnDoe
03-15-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm still liking the show. Especially the zombies last night.

Maybe this is a prequel to "The Walking Dead". :D

AliasJohnDoe
03-20-2012, 08:12 PM
"The River" season finale is tonight!!!!

Leslie Hope(who plays Tess) previews season finale of "The River":
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/03/the-river-leslie-hope-previews-season-finale-explains-tess-flaws.html

cruisin
03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Is it a season finale? I thought this was it - period.

genevieve
03-20-2012, 08:27 PM
It hasn't been officially cancelled...but I don't see it coming back. I just hope they don't end it with a big cliffhanger that's supposed to lead into a 2nd season.

cruisin
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought there was only going to be this one season, from the beginning. i didn't think there was ever a plan for more. Maybe I got it wrong.

BigB08822
03-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I thought there was only going to be this one season, from the beginning. i didn't think there was ever a plan for more. Maybe I got it wrong.

That was what we originally heard but then it became unclear if it would come back for another season should the ratings be good enough. That won't happen (it seems). I am guessing this originally went into production under the assumption it would be only 1 season long.

genevieve
03-21-2012, 05:30 AM
Grrr, I missed the first few minutes, but that was a pretty good finale. My only complaint is that it felt like a 2-hour finale edited down to 1 hour. I found the way they ended it - opening the door to a 2nd season, but wrapping up this season completely. I still don't think it'll get picked up for another round, but if there is one, I'll be watching. I'm only a little disappointed that Tess made it through. Even the Boiuna has no use for her!!!

cruisin
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
They did end it with a way to continue. And, I hope they do (though I agree, they probably won't get picked up). But, genevieve, did Tess make it through? The river was morphing and closing them in. Will any of them make it out? Maybe that's the real wrap-up, they are doomed to search for a way out forever.

BigB08822
03-24-2012, 07:52 PM
The ending was definitely done in a way that it could be seen as final or be open to another season. If it never comes back we can all assume they spend their final days trapped in there experiencing horrible things. If it comes back we see them trying their best to escape with a possible way out by series end. I thought that was smart of them to do it that way. I hated that it ended up being The Exorcist on a River, though. I did miss the last few episodes so perhaps it would have been better had I seen those.

Can anyone tell me who was giving that son such nice haircuts while out on a boat in the middle of nowhere? His hair started off long and unkempt but he ended up with a cute choppy do at the end of it all. Must be a nice salon out where they were. (I hope I missed something in another episode but I doubt he flew home for a haircut).