PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catch The River Premier?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jenna
02-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Wait, Really? Is that all they planed for or will they make more if the ratings are high?

genevieve
02-16-2012, 01:17 AM
that was the plan. who knows what networks will do with a hit, but 1) my impression was that the ratings weren't stellar and 2) I think the show works because it's going to end, so I really hope they won't make more.

ETA: the wiki link says that the "first season" is to be 8 episodes. I can maybe see a second season, depending on how this one ends, but it would require going in a very different direction. I'm still hoping this will be like Harper's Island (with a less inane ending) and the single season will stand on its own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_River_(U.S._TV_series)
mild spoiler warning - there are descriptions for 2 episodes not yet aired.

Jenna
02-16-2012, 01:20 AM
This makes sense! I'm glad that they gave this one a definite ending. The plot is interesting, but there is simply not enough to write about for that long.

cruisin
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Last night was good. It seems like there is an ongoing trend with the magical powers. They go after someone for being bad, but let them go when they then do something selfless. Atonement seems to be their salvation.

genevieve
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Last night's ep was interesting - almost all of it was told in video flashback. Very tense. Ugh! As soon as the dog showed up back with Emmett, I was like "he's gonna eat him!!!! :fragile: " but the more they showed him getting weaker and not eating the dog, it was like "there's protein right there!!!" The scene where he realizes what he has to do was heartbreaking...very well done. And the flashback to the phone call with Linc..... :wuzrobbed

A tiny nitpick, although I'm willing to overlook it...neither Emmett nor the dog particularly looked like they hadn't eaten in days/weeks :shuffle:

Only 2 more episodes!

AliasJohnDoe
03-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I really enjoy this show. I don't understand why it hasn't caught on.

genevieve
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
It seems more of a 10pm show than a 9pm one ... and not very much like ABC's current slate of shows. I mean, following Cougar Town? I like both shows, but someone who's watching ABC for their comedies would not necessarily want to stay for a faux documentary that requires attention to every frame.

But I'm a sucker for shows like this, and other than LOST, they all get cancelled, quickly :wuzrobbed Sigh.

cruisin
03-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Last night's ep was interesting - almost all of it was told in video flashback. Very tense. Ugh! As soon as the dog showed up back with Emmett, I was like "he's gonna eat him!!!! :fragile: " but the more they showed him getting weaker and not eating the dog, it was like "there's protein right there!!!" The scene where he realizes what he has to do was heartbreaking...very well done. And the flashback to the phone call with Linc..... :wuzrobbed

A tiny nitpick, although I'm willing to overlook it...neither Emmett nor the dog particularly looked like they hadn't eaten in days/weeks :shuffle:

Only 2 more episodes!

Love this show. Only two more episodes :(.

I was thinking the same thing re: Emmett and the dog not looking like they hadn't eaten in days/weeks. But, I think it was days, and the real problem was dehydration. I don't think they would have looked emaciated yet.

genevieve
03-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Emmet was going on about needing protein - he was pretty crafty about getting water from the plants etc.

As I said, I was willing to overlook it during the videotaped parts. But that dog looked positively robust when he came trotting out to meet the TessandLinc party at the end. :lol:

cruisin
03-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Emmet was going on about needing protein - he was pretty crafty about getting water from the plants etc.

As I said, I was willing to overlook it during the videotaped parts. But that dog looked positively robust when he came trotting out to meet the TessandLinc party at the end. :lol:

Yeah, the dog was in great shape. But, the dog may have been foraging more effectively than Emmet :lol:.

I know he was talking about protein, and I know he was good about getting water from the vines. But I got the impression that he wan't finding water sources anymore either. Remember when the girl (? name) took the supplies, he commented that she took the water. I'm also not sure how much time lapsed during the course of the video. I also wonder whether the magic bug had anything to do with it. At first, it seemed like the bug gave him renewed vigor. Maybe it also effected his rational thinking. Maybe some of what he was drinking/eating was hallucinated? I think they are deliberately confusing us. Which is fine, love the show!

genevieve
03-14-2012, 04:49 PM
last night's ep was both creepy and gross and kind of a hot mess :lol: but that ending was pretty awesome

funny recap on twop: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/the-river/the-experiment.php#more

cruisin
03-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Still love it. Only one more show :(

genevieve
03-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Here's hoping for a strong ending!

cruisin
03-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Here's hoping for a strong ending!

Yes! We may be the only two watching! We are just too cool! :D

BigB08822
03-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I quit watching it. I would appreciate if someone will give a recap after the finale just so I could find out what this pile of crap was about. :lol: