PDA

View Full Version : Michael weiss

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nomad
02-11-2012, 12:46 AM
During - Lisa. They're still married ;)

I suspected as much. I liked one or two programs post-wedding, but for the most part, I thought her choreography did him no favors at all.

orbitz
02-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Was it a variation of some kind? I vaguely remember it, and not particularly liking it (along with that freedom blade move where he glided on heels with his toes up off the ice) but was there something about it that justified a name change?

Weiss did the move in the pike position. People do not learn shoot-the-duck in the pike position.

sammary
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I enjoyed Carmen, Beethoven and Santana. I briefly talked to Mike after his short in Nice(I think he messed up on one jump) and he was very nice. Great spins...loved his camel and sit.

Achel
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
When he competed, I always enjoyed disliking Michael Weiss. I howled with laughter when he failed to make the 2006 Olympic Team (I have since matured.) Upon reflection, it always seemed that Winning was more important to his family than it was to him.

paskatefan
02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I have enjoyed a number of Mike's Olympic eligible programs - Santana, the Beethoven one from 1998 (Egmont overture), Mulan, On the Waterfront, La Donna e mobile (short program) and several others. I hated the tattoo shirt. I didn't care for some of his COI programs (I was worried that he was channeling Philippe Candeloro whom I liked as an Olympic eligible skater, but can't stand most of his pro programs). I must say that I am enjoying Mike even more as a pro, and he is a very pleasant, appreciative guy. I also admire that he and Lisa are very supportive of up & coming skaters through his foundation.

CantALoop
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Don't know if time is clouding my memory, but I think I remember him being quite muscly back in his early competitive days :grope:, and being :confused: and :fragile: when he said he wanted to get slimmer and leaner for the Olympics.

I was one of the ones who used to laugh at his antics too (remember that half-naked portrait of him and his wife in the bedroom?), but now that he's out there giving back to the sport and keeping his level of performance up, it's easier to appreciate how he had decent skating skills and textbook technique on elements like the Lutz :)

Nomad
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Don't know if time is clouding my memory, but I think I remember him being quite muscly back in his early competitive days :grope:, and being :confused: and :fragile: when he said he wanted to get slimmer and leaner for the Olympics...

At one point he really bulked up and I think all that muscle mass in his upper body was throwing his jumps off.