PDA

View Full Version : Michael weiss

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Triple Butz
02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
I always wanted to like Weiss...he made it difficult sometimes. But I will say, I always admired his line. He had beautiful spin positions and a great landing position on his triple lutz.

GarrAarghHrumph
02-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Michael Weiss had very good skating skills. I believe he was a medalist at the US National Championships - Senior Figures in the early 1990s.

manleywoman
02-10-2012, 12:20 AM
I love Wright's programs for him

dinakt
02-10-2012, 01:05 AM
I was rather neutral about him when he was competing, but as a pro skater he is great. A couple of times I saw him performing in ice shows he was very entertaining. He kept all his skills, it seems, and added more.

Nomad
02-10-2012, 01:25 AM
I love Wright's programs for him

I liked Weiss until his wife started doing his choreography. After that...not so much.

Louis
02-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Michael Weiss..... the golden shark in the martini glass of figure skating, as Prancer would say. :rofl:

I always loved his skating, his psycho fans, his equally psycho cat-lady detractors, the :argue: on the internet about him, and the craziness (and faux craziness) that he inspired at competitions.

I remember reading a review of the Grand Prix Final in 2003 that listed his elements as "Mike Pike - scream - triple flip - fall" and nearly hyperventilating with laughter. :lol:

manleywoman
02-10-2012, 04:17 AM
^Agreed.

orbitz
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I liked Weiss until his wife started doing his choreography. After that...not so much.

Weiss's worst LP was the one with him wearing the Tattooed shirt.

berthesghost
02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
^ was that an lp or an sp? Some of his programs I remember very well and others just kinda bleed together. I did think it was odd that his website doesn't have any program information like other skaters do. heck, even some wiki pages give detailed breakdowns over the years including music cuts etc...

Nomad
02-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Weiss's worst LP was the one with him wearing the Tattooed shirt.

I remember that costume - was it pre- or post-Lisa?

AnnM
02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I remember reading a review of the Grand Prix Final in 2003 that listed his elements as "Mike Pike - scream - triple flip - fall" and nearly hyperventilating with laughter. :lol:

I nearly spit out my water due to laughter upon reading "Mike Pike" -- there's a phrase I haven't heard mentioned in years!

Nomad
02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
I nearly spit out my water due to laughter upon reading "Mike Pike" -- there's a phrase I haven't heard mentioned in years!

Wasn't that the shoot-the-duck move?

BreakfastClub
02-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Wasn't that the shoot-the-duck move?

Yep, officially submitted by him and his handlers on his planned content sheet (a form that is submitted to officials and broadcasters) as the "Mike Pike." I saw the form. With my own eyes. It feels like it was yesterday. :yikes:

:EVILLE:

Nomad
02-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Yep, officially submitted by him and his handlers on his planned content sheet (a form that is submitted to officials and broadcasters) as the "Mike Pike." I saw the form. With my own eyes. It feels like it was yesterday. :yikes:

:EVILLE:

Was it a variation of some kind? I vaguely remember it, and not particularly liking it (along with that freedom blade move where he glided on heels with his toes up off the ice) but was there something about it that justified a name change?

orbitz
02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I remember that costume - was it pre- or post-Lisa?

During - Lisa. They're still married ;)