PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Dance 2012/2013 including splits

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Sylvia
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I think this is the correct order of the tweets between Poirier and Gilles on April 13-14:

Hey @PiperGilles , did you know a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down?!

[Her reply:] @PaulDPoirier it does? Well I think we should step in time step in time.

[His reply:] @PiperGilles Never need a reason, never need a rhyme. Step in time, you step in TIME!!

[Poirier in reply to someone else:]
Short dance is already complete and the free is well into the construction phase. More news soon!

[Gilles to Poirier:]
@PaulDPoirier Chim chiminey Chim chiminey Chim chim cher-oo! Good luck will rub off when I shake hands with you

[Poirier to Gilles:]
@PiperGilles Chim-chimney, chim-chimney, chim-chim-cheree! A sweep is as lucky as lucky can be.
;)

Cant Skate
06-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Jessica Jiang, 3rd at 2012 Challenge (Novice), is on Ice Partner Search. She and her partner did not compete at Nationals due to injuries.

Sylvia
06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
New Canadian teams (ETA: at least one member is Canadian) that have registered for the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships and/or the Québec Summer Championships so far:

SENIOR
Audry Dupont / Alexandre Laliberté
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen (DEN)
Rachel Kirkland / Matthew Kleffman (USA)

JUNIOR
Courtney Baay / Nick Toth
Marina Barova (UKR) / Allan Stoll
Audrey Croteau-Villeneuve / Dominic Barthe
Bianka Gadosy / Benjamin Smyth
Christina Penkov / Simon Proulx-Sénécal
Carolane Soucisse / Simon Tanguay

ETA:

Jessica Jiang, 3rd at 2012 Challenge (Novice), is on Ice Partner Search. She and her partner did not compete at Nationals due to injuries.
Jessica Jiang / Nikolas Wamsteeker had registered for Lake Placid IDC in Junior events before the decision to split.

flowerpower
06-30-2012, 12:05 AM
http://www.icedanceelite.com/_blog/04-11-12.php

Nice blog entry about Worlds by Kharis Ralph.

Tantallongirl
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Anyone know of any new ice dance splits since Canadian Nationals?

mag
01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
In juniors it looks like Bruser and Lum have split, he is on Ice Partner Search. In novice, Jessica Jiang and her new partner Eric (can't remember his last name) have split and they are both on IPS.

Proustable
01-28-2013, 12:56 AM
In juniors it looks like Bruser and Lum have split, he is on Ice Partner Search. In novice, Jessica Jiang and her new partner Eric (can't remember his last name) have split and they are both on IPS.

As much as I liked them (and I really liked them), she was clearly too tall for him.

Habs
01-28-2013, 03:45 AM
In juniors it looks like Bruser and Lum have split, he is on Ice Partner Search.

Darn - I'm disappointed to hear this, I really liked Bruser and Lum.

pani
01-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Darn - I'm disappointed to hear this, I really liked Bruser and Lum.

Feel sad about them too :( But look like she overgrow him :(
What about Dalmer and Firrus? Look like she is too tall for him too.

fan
01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Mélissande Dumas / David Mackay Perry, 9th in Sr canadians, appear to have split - she's on ice partner search

Tantallongirl
01-31-2013, 02:16 AM
I heard from a dance coach that Dalmer and Firrus are split because she has outgrown him. But I don't see their names on partner search.

geoskate
01-31-2013, 05:51 AM
It's a good thing Virtue/Moir stayed together when Tessa outgrew Scott in their teen years.

However, I think Scott's family has quite a few relatively tall people in it, so perhaps it was reasonable to assume that he would eventually grow.

flowerpower
01-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Absolutely it's great V/M stayed together. I don't think she was ever actually taller than him though (that I recall). Whereas watching Dalmer and Firus at Canadians, she was quite noticeably bigger than him. It's unfortunate, I like his dancing. If the rumoured split is true, I hope he can find a petite partner (and Dalmer a taller one).

rainbowkisses
01-31-2013, 06:41 AM
It's a good thing Virtue/Moir stayed together when Tessa outgrew Scott in their teen years.

However, I think Scott's family has quite a few relatively tall people in it, so perhaps it was reasonable to assume that he would eventually grow.

omg just the thought of v/m splitting up/ never becoming partners make me depressed

mag
01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
And Firus is already 18 isn't he? I doubt he is going to grow much more and he would need to grow at least 4 inches for this to work. It is really too bad as they are a lovely couple. They really have a great connection on the ice.
I noticed Alexa Linden (BC, 3rd in Novice) on IPS. Her former partner, Tyler Miller is not, so he has either found a partner or quit. IPS says Alexa has dual American / Canadian citizenship.