PDA

View Full Version : New Gracie Gold profile

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

lamarenee
02-05-2012, 05:52 AM
http://www.sj-r.com/features/x1200256719/Gracie-Gold-trains-for-2014-Olympic-team

victoriaheidi
02-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Seems like she has a good attitude. Her former coach makes it sound like the hype is actually helping her in some weird way.

Ozzisk8tr
02-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Great article. I like her more and more. Her jump technique really is incredibly stunning. Let's hope she stays on this same path of progression. Mind you, ice is slippery so the best of luck to her.

PDilemma
02-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Winning juniors two years before the Olympics means a spot on the team is "all but assured"??? Really??

Guess that's why Shelby Lyons did so well in Nagano, as well as Alexe Gilles in Vancouver.

There are no guarantees. I hope that Gracie, her family and coaches are more realistic than that writer!

Sylvia
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Winning juniors two years before the Olympics means a spot on the team is "all but assured"??? Really??
No, that's not what the article says. The sentence reads (bolded part mine):
"If she continues to skate well, her place on the U.S. team at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, is all but assured."

There are no guarantees. I hope that Gracie, her family and coaches are more realistic than that writer!
Based on the article, they come across as realistic to me.

Carolla5501
02-05-2012, 03:22 PM

Guess that's why Shelby Lyons did so well in Nagano, as well as Alexe Gilles in Vancouver.

Why should they be? They may have been on this board and read the over the top hype about how we should have thrown Alissa and/or Ashley off the World Team and sent Gracie (who as far as I know has never even skated a Senior event, but... why let stop us)

FSU seems to think she's the next YuNa or Michelle! LOL!

orbitz
02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
FSU seems to think she's the next YuNa or Michelle! LOL!

No, only a few individual on FSU think so. I feel like I'm already sick of all the Gracie Gold hype. Remember what Peggy Fleming said of Tiffany Chin in 84? "We might be watching the Olympic Champion of 1988."

berthesghost
02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
No, only a few individual on FSU think so. I feel like I'm already sick of all the Gracie Gold hype. Remember what Peggy Fleming said of Tiffany Chin in 84? "We might be watching the Olympic Champion of 1988."I know what you mean, butt......

Chin was spectacular in Sarajevo!

Soon after the gold rush started here I looked up a few youtubes of Gracie's "spectacular" skates and found them :blah:
I hope she keeps her jumps and improves greatly on everything else but most of all I hope she gets repackaged as everything from the dreadful costumes to that noise she calls "music" we're just awful IMO.

4rkidz
02-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I hope she continues with the sports psychologist as it's like any type of training it needs to keep ongoing, especially with adolescent girls and all the life changes they are going through anyway..

mysticchic
02-05-2012, 05:17 PM
No, only a few individual on FSU think so. I feel like I'm already sick of all the Gracie Gold hype. Remember what Peggy Fleming said of Tiffany Chin in 84? "We might be watching the Olympic Champion of 1988."

then why did you come in here?

orbitz
02-05-2012, 06:14 PM
then why did you come in here?

Oh, pardon me. I didn't realize this thread's sole purpose was for the continuation of the Gracie Gold hype. OK, carry on then.

Gracie Gold for the Oscar.
Gracie Gold for President.
Gracie Gold for Walmart Employee of the year.
Gracie Gold for the first female to walk on the moon.
Gracie Gold for brokering peace in the Middle East.
etc.

Nomad
02-05-2012, 06:18 PM
You left out Grammy, Emmy, Tony, and the Nobel.

fenway2
02-05-2012, 06:19 PM
I've found the people who endlessly complain that people are hyping Gracie to the high heavens far outweigh, and are far more obnoxious, than the few who actually do.

Not to mention they relentlessly attribute quotes or declarations about her future that no one has even said.

Dilng
02-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I hope she continues to do well. I'm ready for a new senior girl our present group are so mediocre.

MacMadame
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
You left out Grammy, Emmy, Tony, and the Nobel.

That's because we need to be realistic. ;)