PDA

View Full Version : New Gracie Gold profile

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

victoriaheidi
03-16-2012, 11:00 PM
About "buying" or "not buying" into your own hype...sounds like one of those "easier said than done" things.

Exactly, and I admire her for not running around and calling herself the greatest thing to hit the US skating community.

Well, she has created a lot of her own hype by posting every thing she does on YouTube so...

I guess, but she certainly hasn't created the internet obsession with her as the most brilliant person ever. She's just showing us more of what she does and how she can do, and she isn't the only one.

I AM a huge Gracie fan, so I'm defending her, but still, I'm impressed with her maturity, because I've seen a lot of people with a lot less talent (in areas other than skating) act like the greatest thing since sliced bread, and it bugs me to no end.

Jammers
03-17-2012, 06:04 AM
[QUOTE=victoriaheidi;3511726]More than anything, I love how completely down-to-earth and unconcerned about her own hype Gracie appears! I don't want to name names, but there are some girls who...well, some who've bought into their own hype, IMO. QUOTE]

Well, she has created a lot of her own hype by posting every thing she does on YouTube so...

Gracie was posting these video's last year when no one knew who she was so i don't see why she would be hyping herself when she hadn't really accomplished anything to hype yet.

DORISPULASKI
03-17-2012, 06:15 AM
Why does my grandson post stuff? So his grandma, and great grandma, and other friends who do not live near him can see his performances.

When you're unknown, you don't necessarily notice all that much that if someone other than your intended audience is watching.

Sylvia
03-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Well, I was the one who posted a link to a video of Gracie's 99+ point free skate back in May 2011 (in U.S. Ladies thread #1 in the Trash Can), so I'll take the blame for expanding Gold's "intended audience" beyond her friends and family. ;)

RD
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Well, if she truly didn't want anyone else to see it, she would have made the videos private, right?

DORISPULASKI
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
No. A lot of times people don't do anything with the extra settings. Not everyone is computer savvy, including my grandson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLGcToGe0gU

How do I know? because after a while, he and my son started asking grandma questions about how youtube works. :eek: that is not how the world is supposed to work. I am supposed to be asking them this sort of stuff.

Vagabond
03-17-2012, 05:39 PM
after a while, he and my son started asking grandma questions about how youtube works. :eek: that is not how the world is supposed to work. I am supposed to be asking them this sort of stuff.

It's a changing world out there. Nowadays, young people ask their elders for advice. ;)

DORISPULASKI
03-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Tell me about it. And their sudden interest in "Words With Friends" means they suddenly want to ask grandma about Scrabble strategies ;)

victoriaheidi
03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
My experience: you do something; you would ideally love it if people saw it and you got some attention; you know that's unlikely, but you just put it up and wonder if one or two people beyond your basic intended group could see it; either a) no one does besides the intended audience or b) people do.

I doubt she wanted it private; I also doubt she expects tons of people to wait for her youtube videos.

Coco
03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
With the way junior assignments are made, posting the videos and creating some buzz made sense.

DickButtonFan
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
If I could do a 3-3-3, I'd be posting videos all day.:)

Mayra
03-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I doubt she wanted it private; I also doubt she expects tons of people to wait for her youtube videos.

I hope she continues to post training videos. I think it's kind of neat to be able to see what she's working on and how things are coming along for her.

:)

Jammers
03-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Gracie doesn't seem to be the type to shy away from things. Which is a good quality to have if you can back it up which she does. Like she said during Nationals she doesn't mind the publicity that she was getting because she felt like she deserved it.

demetriosj
03-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Like she said during Nationals she doesn't mind the publicity that she was getting because she felt like she deserved it.

I know she's 16, but

that doesn't sound very humble or unassuming to me..

Jessica
03-18-2012, 01:09 AM
No. A lot of times people don't do anything with the extra settings. Not everyone is computer savvy, including my grandson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLGcToGe0gU

How do I know? because after a while, he and my son started asking grandma questions about how youtube works. :eek: that is not how the world is supposed to work. I am supposed to be asking them this sort of stuff.

Doris I'm so proud of you. Unlike you, I'm the one who has to ask my son, but worse my 8 year old granddaughter.