PDA

View Full Version : New Gracie Gold profile

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Sylvia
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Congrats to Gracie for medaling at her first junior worlds competition :cheer2:
She certainly has earned/deserved all of her accomplishments this season - what a great season for her! :respec:

Gracie has been the most consistent skater and If she keeps it up...
I know you're a very enthusiastic fan of Gracie's and, yes, I would say she has shown very good consistency as a junior all season long (although Lipnitskaia definitely wins that crown!), but learning to be and being consistent at the senior level will be a new and different challenge. Based on how far she has come this season, I think she is ready for it!

os168
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh.. and in case anyone is interested.

Looks like Gracie confirmed the costume was intentionally a copy of the Yuna's Scheherazade costume, here from her Youtube channel, see her comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcv3F5lqaBM&feature=channel

@JaMgirls1 I loved her dress so much I copied the front of it! Hers was red with gold I think.
GoldyLocks118 6 months ago

About Kwan... well I consider Gracie to be along a long lines of Kwan kids, think about it...

Kwan > Yuna (Who was inspired by kwan to do the Scheherazade, including paying tribute in her final pose) > Gracie (Scheherazade costume 2.0 + a great jumper)

So Kwan rules and is all mighty and powerful!! All nonsayers kneel and repent. ;)

demetriosj
03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Meh...It's a moot point to compare two different skaters from two different era's who are not and will not compete against each other.

They are completely different skaters and I think it's ridiculous to compare the two. JMO

my point exactly..........

Mayra
03-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I know you're a very enthusiastic fan of Gracie's and, yes, I would say she has shown very good consistency as a junior all season long (although Lipnitskaia definitely wins that crown!), but learning to be and being consistent at the senior level will be a new and different challenge. Based on how far she has come this season, I think she is ready for it!

As a very enthusiastic fan of Gracie's ;), I have to say I was surprised by how realistic Gracie's goals were heading into Jr. Worlds. I fully expected her team to come out with soundbites and expectations of winning gold and falling into the trap of biting off more than they could chew.

In reality, Gracie seemed pretty excited to be in 2nd after the short and appears to be pretty self aware of where she is at with her skating and where she wants it to be. Major kudos to her team and IMO if they can continue to take things one step at a time, I think Gracie should do very well at the senior level.

:cheer:

RD
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I think the time has come for her to take the next step.

victoriaheidi
03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
As a very enthusiastic fan of Gracie's ;), I have to say I was surprised by how realistic Gracie's goals were heading into Jr. Worlds. I fully expected her team to come out with soundbites and expectations of winning gold and falling into the trap of biting off more than they could chew.

In reality, Gracie seemed pretty excited to be in 2nd after the short and appears to be pretty self aware of where she is at with her skating and where she wants it to be. Major kudos to her team and IMO if they can continue to take things one step at a time, I think Gracie should do very well at the senior level.

:cheer:

Agreed. Team Gold seems very aware of the competition, Gracie's skill, and what can realistically happen. They don't take things for granted.

pani
03-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Put me in Gracie fans list :) Her jumps is die for :hat1:
Wish her all the best and hope to see her in seniors next season.

Jammers
03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
After years of watching promising US Ladies shoot themselves in the foot it's nice to see a young lady who seems to have it together both physically and mentally. She doesn't seem to have that petrified look on her face that we see from Alissa or Mirai sometimes and seems to be a hard worker who doesn't take anything for granted. Gracie looks and acts much older then 16.

all_empty
03-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Gold's JW performance was fantastic.

Her jumps were huge and her power, speed, and ice coverage were the best of the event.

I think Lipniskaya is a wonderful talent but her flexibility moves are more of a gimmick than transitions. I hope she pares them down because she is so reminiscent of Cohen.

Can't wait to see how all of these girls develop.

Dilng
03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
After years of watching promising US Ladies shoot themselves in the foot it's nice to see a young lady who seems to have it together both physically and mentally. She doesn't seem to have that petrified look on her face that we see from Alissa or Mirai sometimes and seems to be a hard worker who doesn't take anything for granted. Gracie looks and acts much older then 16.

:respec: I totally agree and I haven't been this excited about ladies figure skating since before the 2006 Olympics. I enjoy watching Gracie and the Russian ladies skate. I love it that these junior girls are actually doing several difficult triple jumps and combinations. For me ladies figures skating has been so blah since the Tara, Michelle, Maria, Sasha, Irina days. I hope Gracie moves up to seniors I want to see more of her skating!

Nomad
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM

I think Lipniskaya is a wonderful talent but her flexibility moves are more of a gimmick than transitions. I hope she pares them down because she is so reminiscent of Cohen.

Can't wait to see how all of these girls develop.

I don't think she needs to pare them down, necessarily, I just think her choreographer needs to find a purpose for them.

Jammers
03-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah it's gotten a bit boring with the Senior Ladies since the new kids still won't be eligible for Sr Worlds until next year which is less then a year before Sochi. Compare that to Mao and Kim who were at Sr Worlds the year after the Torino Olympics. Usually by this time halfway until the next Olympics the new kids have already made their mark against the Senior Ladies at Worlds. But we will sadly watch yet again the same girls we've been watching for the last 5-6 years.

ks777
03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
I can't wait to see more of Gracie!!

winterone
03-05-2012, 03:54 AM
So where are the folks that said Gracie was a "LOCK" for winning JW? What happened?

Vagabond
03-05-2012, 03:59 AM
So where are the folks that said Gracie was a "LOCK" for winning JW? What happened?

They were figments of certain posters' imagination, and apparently they still are. :shuffle: