PDA

View Full Version : How is Courtney Hicks doing?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gingercat
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how Courtney Hicks is doing after her injury at the JGP in Milan. I wish her all the best!

Sylvia
02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
The following encouraging news was posted on January 28 in the 2012 US Nationals forum:

Courtney has been spotted recently, starting out the re-training process. She appears to be making good progress and seems to be enthusiastic regarding her coming back to the ice. So much, that I overheard a rink coach tell her not to overdo it, as she just got back.

She will be back next season, to be sure.

sk9tingfan
02-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Posted on Youtube as of January 5, 2012. Is it my imagination or does it look like she's placing less than full weight on the left leg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCCzw_WgyN0

champs
02-04-2012, 09:58 PM
thanks for the updates, I have been eagerly waiting to hear how she's been doing after reading her last journal entry.

I'm also wondering what her competition plan is likely to turn out for next season. I suppose she remains in the junior circuit internationally, but is she likely to get at least one JGP competition from USFS assuming Gao, Gold, and Lam place collectively well enough at JW to bring the maximum # of JGP spots.

Debbie S
02-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Is it my imagination or does it look like she's placing less than full weight on the left leg?There is one picture where she has her left leg off the ground but that could be part of the exercise, maybe alternating feet? You can't really get a sense of someone's weight-bearing by looking at a few pictures. At this point, it's only been about 5 months since her surgery. It can take up to a year to fully heal from a fracture as well as from surgery. It think it's great she's allowed on the ice - that means that the fracture has at least fully come together. When I broke my leg, I wasn't allowed to skate until 6 months, and was still restricted on my left leg for a few more.

Jammers
02-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Actually it's not even been 4 months since she got hurt. So of course she's probably not putting full weight on her left leg yet.

Debbie S
02-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Actually it's not even been 4 months since she got hurt. So of course she's probably not putting full weight on her left leg yet.Ooops, you're right! :duh: It was early October that she was injured. It's pretty amazing that she's back on the ice.

Vash01
02-05-2012, 06:15 AM
I am sorry, but I missed this whole story. What happened to Courtney Hicks?

RockTheTassel
02-05-2012, 06:20 AM

She broke her leg last fall while training. I think it was from a wonky jump takeoff. She had surgery in October and has been recovering since.

ryanbfan
02-05-2012, 08:05 AM
She just performed at the Klamath Falls show in Oregon 2/4 with Ryan Bradley and Keegan Messing, so she is skating, don't know what she's doing though technique wise.

champs
02-05-2012, 08:23 AM
She broke her leg last fall while training. I think it was from a wonky jump takeoff. She had surgery in October and has been recovering since.

Unless I 'm unaware that she broke her leg more than once this season, no not in her training, she broke her tibia in her freeskate at JGP Italy.

Hedwig
02-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Unless I 'm unaware that she broke her leg more than once this season, no not in her training, she broke her tibia in her freeskate at JGP Italy.

correct.

Great to hear that she is back on the ice and eager! :)

Jammers
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
If your going to get hurt it might as well be when your young like Courtney is since when your her age you heal a lot faster then us old folks. :lol:

Sylvia
02-05-2012, 02:18 PM
In Courtney's own words (Jan. 8, 2012):
http://www.courtneyhicks.com/courtney/Blog/Entries/2012/1/8_Not_So_Golden_Italy.html

winterone
02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Courtney should consider Pairs. She injured her left leg IE not the landing leg for counter clockwise throw jumps. She is very talented.