PDA

View Full Version : 2012 US Nationals Exhibition on NBC now! (Saturday Feb. 4, 2-4 ET)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

PDilemma
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't get Universal either, so I'll be glad to be able to watch at least a little on TV. Hope you get to sub this month!

Thanks. :)

Ice Queen
02-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I hate the South!!! Sat down to watch the exhibition.....and there is a friggin college basketball game on. :mad:

shan
02-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Wish I got NBC... does icenetwork ever show exhibitions?

Wonder if they will show Karen Chen.

IN usually posts the exhibitions soon after the telecast. I'm :cheer: to see the chacked skaters, particularly Donlan/Speroff and Karen Chen!

Visaliakid
02-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Just showed a commercial for NBC airing, what I assume will be a recap of Worlds, on April 8.

According to IceNetwork the NBC Telecast will be aired on Apr. 8 from 3 to 6 pm ET.

IceAlisa
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Highlights were Nathan Chen (:kickass:) and Ashley Wagner's arms during the layback. Can't believe they didn't show Karen Chen and Vincent Zhou. :rolleyes: These are novices worthy of airtime.

Gracie Gold bored me.

Also, super cute fluff pieces with Adam and Alissa talking about Adam living with Alissa while he trained in Detroit and how she has nothing in her fridge and how she is the perfect athlete (neat, goes to bed on time, etc.)

Also, what were they all doing with Nathan Chen? Launching him?

Sylvia
02-04-2012, 11:38 PM
I wish NBC had shown Gracie Gold's winning Junior FS instead of her exhibition number.

sk9tingfan
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I wish NBC had shown Gracie Gold's winning Junior FS instead of her exhibition number.

I second that. Unfortunately, when I was watching it in San Jose, she looked somewhat uncomfortable skating it as opposed to competing. I think the latter is more of her preferred skating mode and it will take her awhile to get comfortable expressing herself in exhibition.

Debbie S
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Also, what were they all doing with Nathan Chen? Launching him?Practicing for the slingshotting that occurs at the end of the finale at Nats and SA (and I guess any USFSA-hosted event with an ex). The skaters sign and then slingshot t-shirts into the crowd, and then when they are done, start fooling around and try to slingshot each other.

I wish NBC had shown Gracie Gold's winning Junior FS instead of her exhibition number.Yeah, her ex was kind of boring, a bit overly cute. I'm surprised (but happy) they aired Gold and Denney/Frazier (looks like they didn't show Aldridge/Eaton, unless I missed it). During Gold's number, I looked over at the NBC booth and it looked like the screens on their monitors were black. I can't remember the last time they showed the Jr Pairs champs - my guess is it was b/c of the Haven/Caydee connection and it gave them a good story.

YukiNieve
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Also, what were they all doing with Nathan Chen? Launching him?

It was actually used to launch the signed items to the upper stand
during the finale for the exhibition.

http://twitpic.com/8dykwo

DORISPULASKI
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
How could they have set up the Andrea Joyce piece with Caydee and Haven, complete with pair Tebowing without showing Haven & Brandon. :lol:

chachacha
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
How could they have set up the Andrea Joyce piece with Caydee and Haven, complete with pair Tebowing without showing Haven & Brandon. :lol:

What show were you watching? Because the show I was watching showed Haven and Brandon

demetriosj
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Has a winning Junior FS ever been shown in place of the skater's exhibition number in previous years?

DORISPULASKI
02-05-2012, 04:14 PM
What show were you watching? Because the show I was watching showed Haven and Brandon

That was the point. If they hadn't showed Haven & Brandon, how could they have had the lead in for the Caydee & Haven Tebow segment?

They couldn't.

So they had to show Haven & Brandon.

And chack Aldridge & Eaton :mad:

I'd rather see A&E, and chack the Tebowing ;)

Frau Muller
02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I forgot and just turned on NBC and saw Agnes Zawadzki bowing. Was she the first skater shown?

Yeah, she was first. And you missed the cheesy opening, with the skaters (led by Ashley) walking and wagging their index fingers to 'Do You Know the Way to San Jose?' Gag!!!

Frau Muller
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Has a winning Junior FS ever been shown in place of the skater's exhibition number in previous years?

I remember Caroline & Mirai's junior free skates were shown on the year when they went 1-2 in Juniors ('07?). A bit of Chris Bowman's Junior winning freeskate was shown in 1982.