PDA

View Full Version : Gracie will CRUSH the Russians in WJC!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

sk9tingfan
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I am a big fan of Gracie's and think that she will do well at the WJC, however, I would agree that she needs work on her artistry. That may get in the way of her receiving top PCS marks for interpretation and performance. I guess we'll have to see how the international judges perceive those.

That being said, I would back off the hyperbole because it has a way of smacking you in the face on the way out. I would just take a more measured view of what could or may happen.

love_skate2011
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
:rofl:

Jealous competitor or competitor's mom perhaps? :P

hmm interesting. but probably this is an uber fan or a competitor that loss maybe ? but I still say Gracie is phenomenal

Gracie4Gold
02-04-2012, 07:37 PM
She lacks artistry but her technique is SO good.That's all I have to say..And I said that SHE IS SIMILAR TO TUKT!I have nothing against "wonderbabies"...That's my opinion!

euterpe
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I love Gracie's skating but wouldn't make a prediction like that. IMO, she is a legitimate medal contender, but this is only her second international competition and she probably won't get PCS scores as high as the Russian ladies who've had more international exposure.

I've heard that Tuktamisheva won't be going to JW. Who will be on the Russian ladies team besides Sotnikova?

victoriaheidi
02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
As a major Gracie FAN, I'm currently watching her EX from Nats and, save for a few great moments, it showed all of her weaknesses. So I'm trying my hardest to reserve judgement until she works on her problem spots and gets more experience.

Again, fan since she won novice pewter in 2010, but still. She needs to work on a lot of things.

victoriaheidi
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I love Gracie's skating but wouldn't make a prediction like that. IMO, she is a legitimate medal contender, but this is only her second international competition and she probably won't get PCS scores as high as the Russian ladies who've had more international exposure.

I've heard that Tuktamisheva won't be going to JW. Who will be on the Russian ladies team besides Sotnikova?

They have 3 spots, right? Lipnitskaya and Shelepen?

I KNEW Shelepen would be at JW!

overedge
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Do you happen to think that Elvis is still alive and living in Alaska selling ice to the Eskimo's?

No, he's alive and coaching in Mexico.

Gracie4Gold
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0sYGrI6Lk&feature=related
Here is 3 axel!

love_skate2011
02-04-2012, 08:04 PM

Russian Junior Championships will be tommorow
If Tukt will really decline going to Worlds, It may be Polina Shelepen
if she places second in the competition.

madge
02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Don't have a dog in the race but after all the online hype and all, I have to say I was underwhelmed with Gold's exhibition at Nationals. First time I've seen her at all. She does seem to have great use of the blade but her connection with the audience lacks a lot.

I'll wait and watch.

Mayra
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Wheee!! Gracie will rule the world then the UNIVERSE!!! :cheer:

:P

victoriaheidi
02-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Don't have a dog in the race but after all the online hype and all, I have to say I was underwhelmed with Gold's exhibition at Nationals. First time I've seen her at all. She does seem to have great use of the blade but her connection with the audience lacks a lot.

I'll wait and watch.

I felt the same way, but I've been watching her for a while now. I was like, "this is her first National TV appearance? NOOOOOO!"

Jammers
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Gracie knows what she has to do. I think her coach made it a point this year to work on her jumps because without them you are not going anywhere as a figure skater in competition. As for the triple axel we saw what that got Mao as she basically ignored her other triple jumps and depended on the 3axel.to much. If she can land it in competition fine but i hope she doesn't worry about it to much.

Tinami Amori
02-04-2012, 09:06 PM
According to Andrea Joyce, Gracie WILL CRUSH THE RUSSIANS.... WITH HER APPLES.

By the way, Andrea Joyce had NO business suggesting to Gracie that she should drop her apples on Russian girls heads (to slow them down).

That is advocating violence against the Russians, and NBC-Sport/Universal, ISU, and US figure skating federation WILL BE MADE AWARE OF THIS.

chipso1
02-04-2012, 09:43 PM
:rofl:

This post reeks of someone who is anti-Gracie Gold and is merely looking to piss off people and create backlash again her. Jealous competitor or competitor's mom perhaps? :P

Exactly.

I'm a huge Gracie fan, but I also appreciate the talents of skaters like Sotnikova, Tuktamisheva, etc. ALL of these young skaters from EVERY country have their faults. Luckily, they have plenty of time to work on them.