PDA

View Full Version : Gracie will CRUSH the Russians in WJC!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

rfisher
02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
time will tell

Holley Calmes
02-04-2012, 01:52 PM
If your name has an effect on your life (example, John Kennedy would never have been elected with the name Mortimer Snerd) Gracie should do great. I mean, the marketing possibilities and slogans alone have the US powers that be salivating, I'm sure. (I am being facetious....but what a great name for an Olympic athlete....) I'm going to pull for her. She seems a nice kid and wow! That triple-triple-triple!

bek
02-04-2012, 02:06 PM
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120127&content_id=26491522&vkey=ice_news

So she's working on a triple axel. It hasn't even left the harness yet. We have proof via video that Tukt can actually land one. And I know that Adelina's coach has said she can do them in practice too.

Gracie is very talented but I'll believe the 3axel when I see it; the 3/3/3 is exciting though.

Moka-Ananas
02-04-2012, 02:10 PM
lol.

Judge Dred
02-04-2012, 02:41 PM
She is FAR better than Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia who wins with her spins.Gracie's jumps are huuge, she is 1 level with Tukt imho..What do you think about her? I believe she is a main contender there

As Elvis might have put it, YOUR THE ESTA IN DISGUISE....

Do you happen to think that Elvis is still alive and living in Alaska selling ice to the Eskimo's?

Primorskaya
02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
(I'm kind of divided between the instinctive "don't feed the troll" reaction and my deep love of winding people up...

Not sure it's a troll though. I'm going for the "US version of Esta" theory.)

So here goes:

Gracie has good jumps but her technique is occasionally questionable. I think we should send her to Mishin, to make sure that 3A does happen. Tuktamsysheva does have one you know...
Sotnikova and Korobeynikova are well ahead artistically at the moment, and artistic expression doesn't come out of the blue...

Also: You literally just joined to post this didn't you? Awwww.

Loves_Shizuka
02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
:watch:

Roxanne
02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

vmfan89
02-04-2012, 03:23 PM
She definitely has great potential. She has beautiful jumps! However, she is not a complete package skater yet, she needs to work on her artistry, refinement and on ice presence. I say lets not get over ourselves yet, she is a young skater, give her time to develop and mature. I fear that pushing her too early will have the same effect it had on other young promising skaters in the US.

Another thing is that she hasn't competed in any senior events yet and almost no international events, we will have to see how she will compete under pressure. Anyway, like the Russian ladies she has wonderful qualities as well as things to work on. Only time will tell. All these girls are young, we need to give them a chance to grow as skaters.

For those saying the Russian ladies should be afraid, I am not sure I agree. Gracie is definitely capable of competing with them, but if she wins she will definitely not ''crush'' them, it will be a close battle.

Sorry to dissapoint the ubers though... but I still prefer Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova and Korobeynikova to Gold. Sorry just my personal taste I guess.

Louis
02-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I think Gracie's great and the best U.S. lady at any level right now, but ice is slippery. If Gracie or one of the Russians has a freak fall in the short program, they'll be buried and will suddenly be fighting for any medal in such a deep field.

demetriosj
02-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Prove me wrong, give me a point at least why she'll be in obscure...

ha, ha or is this her coach?!

Primorskaya
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
ha, ha or is this her coach?!

Her own personal Harold, methinks. (See Blades of Glory) :scream:

Jenna
02-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Wow. I think I'm more excited for WJC than WC right now. :lol:

All four of them are really talented. It will be very exciting.

fenway2
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I think this US version of ESTA, we should embrace the person.:2faced: :rofl:

This post reeks of someone who is anti-Gracie Gold and is merely looking to piss off people and create backlash again her. Jealous competitor or competitor's mom perhaps? :P

Sylvia
02-04-2012, 06:28 PM
This post reeks of someone who is anti-Gracie Gold and is merely looking to piss off people and create backlash again her.
That was my first thought as well.