PDA

View Full Version : Denney/Coughlin appreciation thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sit_spin
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I happen to love this team, and I'm hoping there are others who agree with me.

I love their height difference, and the fact that their skating styles match each other (among other things).

olympic
02-03-2012, 11:57 PM
I hope this thread stays positive ;)

Anyway, they have PCS issues that need some fixing, but I'm happy for them and they should be happy with such success in such a little amount of time. I'd like to see them explore music that fits their character in the future. Also, it would be nice for Caydee to really focus on toe-point, extension and flexibility.

Other than that, they've got all the big tricks

Sit_spin
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
I hope this thread stays positive ;)

That's what I'm hoping - which is why I wrote "appreciation thread" instead of just Denney/Coughlin. Having a positive thread would be great.

lilshorty
02-04-2012, 12:34 AM
What I personally like about them are their difficult elements and the way they connect with each other on the ice. You just get a sense that they really enjoy skating with each other.

nubka
02-04-2012, 12:42 AM
I like them, too!! I've liked them since the got together, and I really wanted them to win at Nats. I'm so glad that they did.Their skating is exciting, strong and energetic! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

winterone
02-04-2012, 12:53 AM
This is an in your face thread. Let's not try to change the way people feel about this team.

Cheylana
02-04-2012, 12:56 AM
How is it an "in your face" thread? GMAB.

I don't think they are that bad. At least they are motivated and landing their jumps. I admit to not being that sophisticated about knowing the difference between good and bad lift positions.

Sit_spin
02-04-2012, 12:56 AM
This is an in your face thread. Let's not try to change the way people feel about this team.

I'm not. I just wanted a place for people who do love them (like me) to talk about them, without feeling threatened. I'm not trying to change the way anybody feels about them.

Prancer
02-04-2012, 01:26 AM

This is a cheer thread. Let's not try to tell people what they can and cannot post, eh?

Jessica
02-04-2012, 03:11 AM
I love watching this team. I find them exciting and look forward to seeing them live at 4CC. I would love to see them on the podium. I don't really care about all their faults. They're just fun to watch.

Louis
02-04-2012, 03:57 AM
Lots to appreciate about this team.

1. They attack and usually land their elements
2. They are capable of clean programs (a rarity in U.S. pairs)
3. They have a great triple twist
4. They skate confidently
5. They project to the audience

jaci
02-04-2012, 05:04 AM
Caydee and John did so well at Nationals! They are a breath of fresh air for US Pairs.

Yazmeen
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I like them a lot together, they have great energy and connection, and I greatly appreciate the way John tries to mentor younger up and coming pairs. May all good things come to Caydee and John!:cool:

Sylvia
02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I just wanted a place for people who do love them (like me) to talk about them, without feeling threatened. I'm not trying to change the way anybody feels about them.
Thank you for starting this thread. :)

I appreciate all the hard work that Caydee and John have put in since they teamed up. Their best free skate of the season so far was at Nationals, and that's always :cool: to see!

Sit_spin
02-05-2012, 01:59 AM
I loved them in today's broadcast! They have so much energy, and I see great things in their future. I loved the "Tebowing" she and Haven did (yes, I am also a Tim Tebow fan).

On a different note, I love how affectionate John is with Caydee. They're so cute together.