PDA

View Full Version : Madonna's new song

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

orbitz
02-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Madonna's video (http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/03/10311185-video-debuts-for-madonnas-give-me-all-your-luvin) for "Give Me All Your Luvin".

Um...I don't know. It sounds so generic. The song feels like it could be from any of today's wannabes. What do you guys think?

BigB08822
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
It is horrible. I was thinking about it earlier and Madonna doesn't have the best or strongest voice but she used to do material in her prime that allowed her to use her voice to its potential. Think about any of her classic songs. She may not sing with a large range or anything but she puts all she has into the vocals and there is "oopmh" behind them. Then listen to this. It sounds like it belongs on KidzBopz or whatever the hell that is called. It sounds like she doesn't give a damn at all and is just chanting along to the melody.

my little pony
02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
the song and the video reminded me of something gwen stefani would have made for a b side in 2004

VALuvsMKwan
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
No one needs talent these days to have a hit. She's never had much anyway - why not go along with the flow to continue to get herself the publicity to which she's been addicted for years?

cailuj365
02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
:shuffle: I like it. I just watched the video with a friend, and we both thought it was fun. It didn't feel very 2012, definitely reminded me of the 80s, but it was catchy in its own way. It'll be fun to see her and Nicki Minaj perform it at the Superbowl.

Cachoo
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
It is horrible. I was thinking about it earlier and Madonna doesn't have the best or strongest voice but she used to do material in her prime that allowed her to use her voice to its potential. Think about any of her classic songs. She may not sing with a large range or anything but she puts all she has into the vocals and there is "oopmh" behind them. Then listen to this. It sounds like it belongs on KidzBopz or whatever the hell that is called. It sounds like she doesn't give a damn at all and is just chanting along to the melody.

Ita...I think this would go well with muppets. I hope she uses older material at the Superbowl.

Southpaw
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Crosses?? Marilyn Monroe?? Slutty wedding dresses???

Didn't we see this all 25 years ago when Madonna did it? This chick is nothing but a cheap Madonna rip-off!

Oh, wait....

orbitz
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I think Madonna will do 3 old songs and this one new song for the Super Bowl. Madonna's past songs, with some rare exceptions, usually have a distinctive feel to them. This new song feels like she's trying to keep up with what's current instead of being herself or making something new. I've never listened to a song from Niki M'jai, but my guess is this is the type of song Niki would sing, and Madonna is trying to copy that sound. Maybe the new album will have something else better on it. For now I'll stick to listening to old Madge like "Dress You Up" and "Into The Groove".

NinjaTurtles
02-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Madonna will do 3 old songs and this one new song for the Super Bowl.

She'll definitely do this new song, as it's already been announced that Nikki Minaj and MIA will perform with her (they're both in the video linked above).

Now if it was just MIA performing, that would be sick!

shah
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM
boo, what a disappointment! the vid is so much better than the song...
anyway, Madonna looks v. good in it!

Mayra
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I heard this song on the radio and thought it was Avril Lavigne. :eek:

BittyBug
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Horrible. :scream: (And I say that as someone who usually likes Madonna's music.)

PeterG
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
It sounds like it belongs on KidzBopz or whatever the hell that is called.

You think it sounds that good??? (This is Madonna's worst song ever...can't think of one that comes close to being this bad... :wuzrobbed)

Ziggy
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
When I heard it for the first time, I thought it was absolutely awful.

The second time... I was dancing all around the room.

I love it. It's perfect cheesy bubblegum pop. Very immediate, great for a party.

It'll probably be a huge hit.

(Yes, it's a shit song but come on. We're talking about Madonna, not Bon Iver)

BigB08822
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I love it. It's perfect cheesy bubblegum pop. Very immediate, great for a party.

It'll probably be a huge hit.

The question for me is: Do people want to hear "perfect cheesy bubblegum pop" from a 50 year old? Or better yet, does radio want to play that music from someone of that age? I doubt it. I think it will get decent early play and then fizzle quickly. If she wants to get play on mainstream top 40 radio then she needs to do something DRASTIC, not try to fit in with the 20 yr olds. Madonna used to be known as reinventing herself, now she released a song that sounds like an Avril Lavigne reject and threw in some young hip artists to give her more cred. 25 years ago I bet Madonna would have cringed at the idea of ever doing something like this.