PDA

View Full Version : US Pairs - any broken up yet?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

kiss-n-cry
02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes, it sounds like it may be time for a tryout! :P

5Ali3
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't know very much about pairs, so I am interested to know why you think this. I have always been led to believe that small girls make better jumpers.

I've been trying to think of a good, clear, short way to explain the difference, and the more I thought about it, the more complicated it became. :) It has to do with the distribution of muscle, especially through the glutes and hamstrings, as well as a skater's proportions. Of course, very few skaters have the body that male ;) pair coaches/skaters would say is the "ideal" body for a pair girl - but that doesn't halt the pressure on pair girls to have that shape, nor does it mean that coaches will stop "rejecting" a potential pair girl on the basis on her non-ideal frame.

But our best female pairs lady needs a partner stat.

My very first thought was, "Yes, Ashley needs a partner ASAP." And then I read the rest of your post. :rofl:

(When I thought about who I believe is truly the best U.S. female pairs skater, I decided that Jenni Meno is clearly quite content with her current partner. :D )

madm
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
(When I thought about who I believe is truly the best U.S. female pairs skater, I decided that Jenni Meno is clearly quite content with her current partner. :D )

And Rena Inoue is also "quite content" with her partner. :D We can't forget that she did the first throw 3A ever and was a champion singles lady before switching to pairs. While I like Caitlin's abilities, the accomplishments of many previous U.S female pair champions (e.g. Meno, Yamaguchi, Ina, Inoue) over time are far greater.