PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for food for my Oscars Party

Icetalavista
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
This year the nominees provide lots of great ideas.

I'm thinking of three:
-a Southern theme (yum; will have to perfect chicken frying skills) to go with The Help. Of course I could have CHOCOLATE PIE.
-a French theme to go with Midnight in Paris, Hugo, and the lead in The Artist
-a fun baseball theme (mini hotdogs, beer, popcorn) to go with Moneyball.

But I'm looking for suggestions...

I suppose I could have a few sandwiches, and coffee, for "Dragon Tattoo," because that's all they ever eat, three meals a day. I'll skip the fastfood pizza Lisbeth is so fond of.

Artemis@BC
02-02-2012, 11:17 PM
-a Southern theme (yum; will have to perfect chicken frying skills) to go with The Help. Of course I could have CHOCOLATE PIE.

That was my first thought. And as your guests go to serve themselves a slice you can stand there grinning ... and guarantee you'd have lots of leftovers! :D

You could also have haystacks and oat cakes (War Horse), and something with fishies (Puss in Boots).

Jenny
02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
For The Descendents, the possibilities for party food are great - pupus, sweet and sour meatballs (with pineapple), pina coladas, etc.

For the French theme, good mini quiches are often available frozen for an easy option. There are also a lot of good sparkling wines to make cocktails with nowadays - even French ones, but at a fraction of the cost of Champagne.

The Help is the best one though - southerners are expert at party foods!

michiruwater
02-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Epicurious actually has ideas for all the BP nominess :D

http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2012/01/menus-for-the-2012-oscar-nominees.html

Icetalavista
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Great ideas and suggestions! Thanks!