PDA

View Full Version : The Voice - S2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

shuilee
02-06-2012, 04:33 AM
I say Tony Lucca is the odds-on favorite to win S2 of The Voice! He already has 528,000 twitter followers! :eek:

Allskate
02-06-2012, 04:35 AM
I say Tony Lucca is the odds-on favorite to win S2 of The Voice! He already has 528,000 twitter followers! :eek:

And Justin Bieber has many more.

Tony Lucca definitely has a fan base from before tonight's show. I was excited as soon as they said his name.

manhn
02-06-2012, 04:53 AM
How in the world my PVR miss the first bit of show? Don't these football analysts always go overtime interviewing player after player after player?

Anyways, last season I missed the whole audition part of the series, just started watching when they entered the duets or whatever they were. But those turning seats are cool!!! And you can see how the singers get excited and more confident when they see a seat turned, which enhances their performance (the most obvious for me was the rocker girl).

The Opera Dude is so dreamy.

Rob
02-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Loved opera guy, homeless dad, young rocker chick, and mouseketeer.

John 3 17
02-06-2012, 05:52 AM
I am now a HUGE fan of Jesse Campbell!! Wow. He could win this whole thing. Loved Tony Lucca, too! I missed the first country girl (the blonde) but from what Adam and Blake were saying afterward, she must've been great. I'll watch what I missed on Comcast's "OnDemand" when it shows up :)

Off to a GREAT start, woohoo! I fell in love with this show last year. I just love how kind the judges/coaches are to the singers. LOVE that! I also love how even those who don't make it are still talented. No wastes of time like Idol.

Xtina has got to stop being nasty to Adam, tho. It was rude and after she interrupted him for the umpteenth time, she had the NERVE to say that Adam likes being the center of attention. Um... Christina, look in the mirror!

This show is always so emotional... I teared up a lot last year and already a few times tonight. I need to keep tissues handy!

-Bridget :)

MarieM
02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Adam is DA BOMB. Did I tell you I love Adam ? And I'd take Blake too :) But hey, I have to leave someone to the other girls :P

Jimena
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I've never watched this show, but I caught part of it last night. It was AWESOME!

I loved the judges. And I loved Cee-Lo petting the white Persian cat. What was that about?

I got chills with Jesse Campbell. Chills.

Great show.

PrincessLeppard
02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I
This show is always so emotional... I teared up a lot last year and already a few times tonight. I need to keep tissues handy!

So it's people like you who like this stuff? Every time some contestant goes on about whatever their hardship is, it makes me more appreciative of David Cook, who never talked about his brother, even when pressed.

But to each their own, I guess. :)

rfisher
02-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Apparently Mark Burnett thinks a lot of people like the backstories. :lol:

And, the arguments between Adam and Xtina are encouraged by the producers. For the most part, they're pretty funny. I think Xtina has lost some weight.

Aceon6
02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Wow, just wow. Worth the wait. Everyone picked last night was exceptional. Well, to my ears everyone except the first girl. I just didn't get her, but I'm no expert on country music.

MarieM
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm with rfisher here. I think Adam and Xtina love "hating" each other in public, but the collaboration for "moves like Jagger" tells another story IMO ;)

John 3 17
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
So it's people like you who like this stuff? Every time some contestant goes on about whatever their hardship is, it makes me more appreciative of David Cook, who never talked about his brother, even when pressed.

But to each their own, I guess. :)

No, I don't really tear up at the fluff bits (in fact, I often FF them), I tear up when the singer gets a good response from the judges/coaches/audience while knowing they are finally realizing their dream (esp. if it's been a hard dream for them to realize). It's like watching a skater give a great performance while knowing how hard they work for it. Dia Frampton made me cry a few times last year and she didn't have any hardship. She was just realizing her dream and she is so invested in her music, that you feel what's she's feeling; a feel-good moment when they do well and the audiece/coaches appreciate it. Besides, music is emotional for me anyway. I get goosebumps at the crescendo in the aria from Madame Butterfly, for Heaven's sake! LOL.

Beefcake
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM
:kickass: This show hasn't lost a step, and in fact seems to have elevated the fun quotient.

:P The Xtina - Adam banter is all kinds of awesomeness. Christina, actually, owned this episode ... snarky with her fellow mentors, sweet and well-thought words to the singers whether "in" or "out", and she got two title contenders right off the bat.

Er, I'm not getting the Mouseketeer. Maybe he sounds much better live?

:cheer: Loved Opera Dude! So powerful, and he seems so sweet.

Rocker chick was good, but I'm gonna have to see/hear her again to know whether she'll :swoon: me like so many rocker chicks before her have.

:cold: I liked the sob stories, because they got me invested quickly, and if it's like last season The Voice will not draw the personal stuff to pander their pets (coughGokeycough) for months and months like Idol does.

The previews! Whee ...

:watch: There's a Bo Bice type ... hope he's as frigging :rockstar: as Bice himself!

:grope: Adam's edibleness during the performance clip just explodes from the screen. Good god that man is sexy.

:lol: Ce-Lo stroking his cat. So Dr. Evilish, but so Ce-Lo as well. And his sparkly, spikey, red jumpsuit for the mentor's Prince medley is Liberace regenerated.

genevieve
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
:lol: Ce-Lo stroking his cat. So Dr. Evilish, but so Ce-Lo as well.
Cee-Lo stroking his white pussy. Very subtle :rofl:

skatesindreams
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
There were several outstanding contestants last night.
I liked Jesse Campbell and the "Opera Dude", in particular.

Choosing the right mentor is crucial here.
Part of what I love about this show is watching to see whether they chose wisely.
I love the "vibe"/competition/admiration between them.

The backstories allow me to get to know the "Voices" and appreciate how they have developed/grown as the season progresses.